Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What is your quest?  (Read 9072 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: What is your quest?
« Reply #30 on: 26 Nov 2010, 02:37 »

Anyhow, back to the questions at hand: Is Esna's plan reasonable?

My answer is yes, but only in the long term, as Ulphus said. The Empire is an extremely slow-moving juggernaut socially, and it it will take many generations of Holders before we see anything approaching what Esna is aiming for being accepted on a wide scale. Given, however, the current trend of liberalism continues in the Empire, and the "shifts by the dominant House" theory does not hold, I think he'll get some - if not all - of what he's pushing for.

I think I agree.

At one stage when wassername the empress got in charge, I thought that the thing that would screw the Matari over the most would be for her to release all the slaves.

All of them.

The Amarr would probably need robots to take over some of the drudge jobs, and they'd probably take some examples to encourage the others to get all the slaves released, but think of a) the propaganda coup when a reasonable percentage decided to stay in the Empire to take up the newly available paid jobs, and b) the damage they'd do to the Republic having to find a way to cope with increasing their population by 50% of ex-slaves! The Republic just wouldn't cope. Yes, it would be hard for the Empire in the short term, suddenly having to become more efficient to afford to pay their staff (or for the lords to live in less luxury), but I don't think that wouldn't actually be a bad thing in the long term.

And many of the things that are holding the republic loyalists together are premissed on ending slavery. How many of them would continue to fight together if that went away?

Luckily, Jamyl didn't do that... (But this is totally OOC)....

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 22 Dec 2010, 06:50 »

Anyhow, back to the questions at hand: Is Esna's plan reasonable?

My answer is yes, but only in the long term, as Ulphus said. The Empire is an extremely slow-moving juggernaut socially, and it it will take many generations of Holders before we see anything approaching what Esna is aiming for being accepted on a wide scale. Given, however, the current trend of liberalism continues in the Empire, and the "shifts by the dominant House" theory does not hold, I think he'll get some - if not all - of what he's pushing for.

I think I agree.

At one stage when wassername the empress got in charge, I thought that the thing that would screw the Matari over the most would be for her to release all the slaves.

All of them.

The Amarr would probably need robots to take over some of the drudge jobs, and they'd probably take some examples to encourage the others to get all the slaves released, but think of a) the propaganda coup when a reasonable percentage decided to stay in the Empire to take up the newly available paid jobs, and b) the damage they'd do to the Republic having to find a way to cope with increasing their population by 50% of ex-slaves! The Republic just wouldn't cope. Yes, it would be hard for the Empire in the short term, suddenly having to become more efficient to afford to pay their staff (or for the lords to live in less luxury), but I don't think that wouldn't actually be a bad thing in the long term.

And many of the things that are holding the republic loyalists together are premissed on ending slavery. How many of them would continue to fight together if that went away?

Luckily, Jamyl didn't do that... (But this is totally OOC)....

Almost the entire imperial workforce is slavery from memory, it would take more than a few drudge robots to completely fill the epic and enourmously monumental burden that the slavery system holds inside of the Empire.

But thats getting off topic and is potentially worthy of its own thread.

--------------

Math'ra has a few goals, one is to see his family progess to holder status within the Kingdom and become a family of note in their own right.

Another one that very few people have ever found out about was the finally figure out what the F*** happened to his Father. (This is perhaps his most driving goal, but the least actively pursued - in other words, I IZ STILL PLANNING IT :D)

To see the Kingdom maintain its status as a seperate and acknowledged State, and to see it grow in power and size to be a rival for the main Empires, Math'ra is fervently loyal to the Kingdom and is completely dissillusioned with the Empire.

So, short term, long term and EPIC term goals.

Managable :D

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #32 on: 22 Dec 2010, 09:43 »

To free as many slaves as he can and kill the slavers. Trying to stop people being taken as slaves in the first place is grand too.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 Dec 2010, 17:34 »

Arnulf would like a family someday I think.

Partly to shut up the his baseline clansfolk who seem to think all he is good for is killing (his clan has never had much of a warrior tradition you see).

And partly because what is the point if there is nobody to remember you once entropy catches up?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #34 on: 22 Dec 2010, 17:50 »

(Relatively) Short Term Quest:

To use every necessary tool available for her to spread enough terror and fear in the Empire that they'll realize keeping the Matari slaves is far more trouble than it's worth. As long as there is a Matari enslaved by a Holder, the fires burning in any true Matari's veins can never be extinguished or lessened. She derives a great deal of amusement from the fact that the best tool for the job (from an IC pov) will also provide the vengeance that the Empire so clearly deserve.

Long term quest:

Once the Matari are finally free, it's time to turn an eye onto the Republic... and raze it to the ground. The cultural slavery the Federation is imposing onto the Matari people can not be allowed. It's a gentler and easier form of slavery, and yet it's far more dangerous and insidious than the Empire's kind, as it's hard to see for what it is.

A proper Matari government needs to be formed with the Tribal nature of the Matari being represented properly and allowing the tribes unity without conformity. This will allow the Matari to finally rise to their potential, which will in turn allow them to become a force to be reckoned with...

The punishing hammer hovering over all who believe that a human can ever be property.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #35 on: 23 Dec 2010, 15:41 »

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Which one?

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #36 on: 24 Dec 2010, 01:37 »

Maintenance of the status quo.

No, seriously.  Simon wants to get rich, sure, and build things and make friends, but mostly he wants his home to not change much and for tomorrow to be a lot like today.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #37 on: 27 Dec 2010, 04:24 »

To catch the dragon.

Oh, and to eventually overthrow the Amarrian government. Maybe do something about slavery in the meantime.

Amann Karris

« Reply #38 on: 27 Dec 2010, 05:01 »

To catch the dragon.
You can't catch the dragon!  It's always out of reach!  You just keep chasing and chasing, but it's always just one step ahead of you!

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 27 Dec 2010, 06:14 »

To catch the dragon.
You can't catch the dragon!  It's always out of reach!  You just keep chasing and chasing, but it's always just one step ahead of you!

Well, our quest doesn't have to be rational, does it?  :D

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 28 Dec 2010, 05:13 »

Oh, and to eventually overthrow the Amarrian government. Maybe do something about slavery in the meantime.

I don't think it is even possible in a convencional way, isn't it ?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #41 on: 28 Dec 2010, 11:07 »

Silver: Rework Sansha's Nation and bring all of the wonderful things from the Nation to the people of New Eden.

Saernal Teirild: Avoid being the star of a war-crimes trial, I suppose.

Malaneth Serir: Discharge her obligation to Hilion so she can kill him.

Hilion: To never run out of booze

Amieta: Nowadays it would be the safety of her loved ones, I guess.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #42 on: 28 Dec 2010, 21:55 »

For Sansha's Nation to be rejiggered slightly and for folks to experience the wonderful things he thinks it is capable of (which is not necessarily equivalent with integration).

'For everyone to get along with everyone else' also features prominently on Kyber's list of things he wants to see done.

Amann Karris

« Reply #43 on: 29 Dec 2010, 00:31 »

Amann: Get that damn nightmare of seeing his homeworld on fire out of his head.  He also thinks that his actions will actually cause this.  Additionally, he'd like to see the Empress and Theology Council dead, and the Empire reorganized.

Deceiver's Voice: Figure everything out, without completely losing (what's left) of her mind.

Alana Kel: Explore the universe, make some ISK, and do both while having as much fun as possible.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #44 on: 04 Jan 2011, 04:31 »

*bites at the bait*

The short-term:
- do her duty to corporation, kirjuun, and CEO (This would go for any corporation she was with.)
- offer what degree of balance and insight she can to whoever needs it (Which is just about every one of you wackos.  :P )
- find someone to share 'immortality' with (Once again, we're not exactly a stable bunch, and a theoretical forever is still a theoretical long time. <.< )

The long-term:
- help the Republic stand strong against the Amarr so it won't need to rely on the Gallente; Once free of the influence from both, Ko hopes the Minmatar will be more willing to seek warmer ties, as equals, with the State. FW made that idea just a little harder, even if the move to a tribal government made her little brain happy. (Go go, Liberal agenda!)

The really long-term:
- follow the spiritual and scientific imperative to explore the universe beyond known space; Not quite Aria's reasons for Exodus - the technical problems are the same, though. 'Immortality' offers a long time to learn about the universe and one's place in it. (Stargazer-lucky-enough-to-be-among-the-stars, away! .../o/ )
Will work for pretty sig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4