Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Elsebeth, of clan Rhiannon, was born on Matar in the heartlands of Mikramurka continent in the year 81? Read her official biography here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Null Sec vs Empires - Power Disparity, Numbers, PF retconning?  (Read 11558 times)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette

I think I feel sometimes under-appreciated as an RPer for that reason.  We may not be the largest portion of the playerbase, but we're also one of the ones with a lot more longevity.  We tend to make our own content in whatever game we're in and thus we don't get bored with mechanics and yell, "Moar or I unsub!"  Plenty of people here say they'd unsub if it wasn't for the RP community.

You'd think we'd at least get a bit more lip service from MMO games to keep our pretty little egos fluffed.  There's nothing that gets my attention and hype for a game faster than the words, "RP server".

Lyn Farel

It's been said before: If RPers want better representation then RPers need to get someone on the CSM. Not just someone who has a passing interest in live events, but someone who actually cares about the PF and the way CCP treats it.

Yeah, we got Hardin and Jade the first CSMs. That's to say how influential the RP community was compared to now. Even CCP folks told it many times, that the RP community held a lot more power than its size let it guess at the first glance. Now that's another matter though.

But yes, Hardin and Jade. Nothing much very different. Maybe if there was actually half the CSM filled with RPers, we could get somewhere.

Also, I was thinking about it, and this sentiment is somewhat inaccurate. Hardin and Jade got the first CSM by being old and prominent voices on the OOC forums. They, in fact, got elected *despite* being RPers and would probably have gotten more votes if they had not in fact been RPers. Also, Hardin hadn't really been an RPer for at least a year by the first CSM.

I believe an EM member did get elected to one of the early ones running as an RPer (or maybe she just tried, don't really recall), but I believe that was more a feature of low turnout to CSM votes than anything else.

That is not what I meant. I think I should'nt have mixed both in the same line.

They RP community was "influential" because we got Hardin and Jade at the CSM, and not Jade and Hardin got elected because the RP community was influential.

The RP community was not influential with players, but only CCP. In a large part due to alliances like UK, EM, CVA, etc.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

It is terribly, terribly important to realize that prime fiction consistency is very low on the list of CCP priorities, right down there with pleasing the arcane tastes of what I've come to think of as the Summit-Backstage Axis of roleplayers.

[admin]I don't care what anyone says about you, Lyn, this is the best post on Backstage, ever.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Shiori

Confirming it is the greatest thing since sliced milk.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette

It's been said before: If RPers want better representation then RPers need to get someone on the CSM. Not just someone who has a passing interest in live events, but someone who actually cares about the PF and the way CCP treats it.

Yeah, we got Hardin and Jade the first CSMs. That's to say how influential the RP community was compared to now. Even CCP folks told it many times, that the RP community held a lot more power than its size let it guess at the first glance. Now that's another matter though.

But yes, Hardin and Jade. Nothing much very different. Maybe if there was actually half the CSM filled with RPers, we could get somewhere.

Also, I was thinking about it, and this sentiment is somewhat inaccurate. Hardin and Jade got the first CSM by being old and prominent voices on the OOC forums. They, in fact, got elected *despite* being RPers and would probably have gotten more votes if they had not in fact been RPers. Also, Hardin hadn't really been an RPer for at least a year by the first CSM.

I believe an EM member did get elected to one of the early ones running as an RPer (or maybe she just tried, don't really recall), but I believe that was more a feature of low turnout to CSM votes than anything else.

That is not what I meant. I think I should'nt have mixed both in the same line.

They RP community was "influential" because we got Hardin and Jade at the CSM, and not Jade and Hardin got elected because the RP community was influential.

The RP community was not influential with players, but only CCP. In a large part due to alliances like UK, EM, CVA, etc.

Gotcha. I agree with that.

Lyn Farel

I don't care what anyone says about you, Lyn.

Huh ? Okay... Thanks to tell me I guess :|

And  what's sliced milk btw ?
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2014, 14:14 by Lyn Farel »

Shiori

It's like sliced bread, but more of a memetic hazard.

Lyn Farel

:P

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger

I think that nullsec/capsuleers grew more powerful, faster, than CCP predicted and are now trying to RP that nullsec/capsuleers grew more powerful, faster, than CONCORD predicted.

As to no longer having the "button" to auto kill pilots who disobey: If any capsuleer or capsuleer sponsored research team working in nullsec or lawless space were to ever make improvements or modifications on mass produced ships the very first thing they would spend  however much time and ISK to remove would be the "button" should it exist. 

So I think it is just another sign that CCP's fiction department cannot keep up with the game  :(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]