Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Information Leak / I-RED Disclaimer.  (Read 11088 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Information Leak / I-RED Disclaimer.
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2011, 06:04 »

I have to say that it is really indecent the amount of OOC targeting of John of late. People in game and on IGS using his RL name. It is poor form.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2011, 06:04 »

Ah, that shite is definitely OoC. No need to start smearing personal real life info all over IC venues.

Killboards and voice comms I'll give the benefit of the doubt and consider IC.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2011, 06:06 »

Though I would ask that ANN be decent as I know you all are human beings... for a removal of my Real Life happenings from the data dump please, the bankrupt Net Cafe, me going to farm life ect.

If you could pin down the specific bits and pieces in logs you'd like removed regarding that and list them in a PM. (and only the RL stuff, because I have no intention of taking this entire thing down) I'll redact them. There were a few entries I didn't publish because they discussed member RL problems/whatever in detail. I'd like to extend this to the entire leak, so if you could help me there, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2011, 06:10 »

Haven't really read through the material in question, but what makes voice comms and killboards OoC?

Preference and personal/organizational standards.

As I said, our policy is based on what's fun for us, and we appreciate that what's fun for us might not be for other people, and vice versa.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2011, 06:20 »

Haven't really read through the material in question, but what makes voice comms and killboards OoC?

Preference and personal/organizational standards.

As I said, our policy is based on what's fun for us, and we appreciate that what's fun for us might not be for other people, and vice versa.

Agreed certainly. Standards can vary of course and are far from absolute.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2011, 06:27 »

Though I would ask that ANN be decent as I know you all are human beings... for a removal of my Real Life happenings from the data dump please, the bankrupt Net Cafe, me going to farm life ect.

If you could pin down the specific bits and pieces in logs you'd like removed regarding that and list them in a PM. (and only the RL stuff, because I have no intention of taking this entire thing down) I'll redact them. There were a few entries I didn't publish because they discussed member RL problems/whatever in detail. I'd like to extend this to the entire leak, so if you could help me there, it'd be greatly appreciated.

There are several still available not only in regards to myself but personal information in Fleet/Alliance Logs.. such as "the Net Cafe (Where I work) close its doors for good."

You state you simply edit all the logs and mails to make sure they are suitable to your standards, you should remove all details pertaining information on other people's RL activities before making such a public display with a tiny bit more detail. I do not see how it is my job to clean up what is on your site. If you refuse to do it so be it.. but do not expect people to understand why you are doing this, or give you brownie points.

I do not care less about the rest of it. People who know how to RP will understand what is IC and what is not.

Desiderya

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2011, 07:28 »

Quote from: Mammal Tafren
I have to say that it is really indecent the amount of OOC targeting of John of late. People in game and on IGS using his RL name. It is poor form.
Bad form indeed.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2011, 07:30 »

Personally speaking? This sucks. I'm sorry John. If it was only IC stuff, then I think I would have found it acceptable, if a bit nasty. Throwing in all the OOC stuff to me is pretty much the same as cheating and more than a little mean.

Can you do me a favor when you get the chance? Can you privately send the names/alts of the inflitrators to either me or Silas? Since they also showed a willingness to transmit stuff sensitive to V.I. (old TS info) I think we need to make sure the other corps in V.I. know who to look out for.

IC backstabbing, trechery, bastardy? Totally acceptable. When a player does it OOC, I think we the players (within the rules) should take steps to ostracize him or her from our company.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2011, 07:34 »

IC/OOC issues and the raw data-dump delivery aside (which I do agree as being a problem here, esp the RL info; ANN = wikileaks?), I didn't see a single thing in the "leak" that was of significant consequence from whichever perspective you looked.  Oh, man, I-RED internal EVEmails are full of... exactly what you'd expect from an alliance's internal EVEmails...  :|  Wait, they bought/sold boosters!  Hold on, they've already said that on IGS.  :ugh:  At war with W-BR?  Nowai!  Oh, right... :s 

So, being able to form effectively zero new and consequential IC opinions on the matter, my only reaction was to think: "I wish John had more hardcore RPers in RDC/I-RED to play with."

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2011, 07:43 »

Personally speaking? This sucks. I'm sorry John. If it was only IC stuff, then I think I would have found it acceptable, if a bit nasty. Throwing in all the OOC stuff to me is pretty much the same as cheating and more than a little mean.

Can you do me a favor when you get the chance? Can you privately send the names/alts of the inflitrators to either me or Silas? Since they also showed a willingness to transmit stuff sensitive to V.I. (old TS info) I think we need to make sure the other corps in V.I. know who to look out for.

IC backstabbing, trechery, bastardy? Totally acceptable. When a player does it OOC, I think we the players (within the rules) should take steps to ostracize him or her from our company.

I will send a list after I get some sleep.. 6:30 AM. Anyone else who needs the information please EvEmail me.

No need to feel sorry guys, some people just play the game differently then others. Either that or I really pissed someone off OOCly, which happens because I am  :evil: (rawrzevilzcake)

Oh yes and I-RED is in ruins I will be needing to find a new home asap! I kid, we had a good laugh if nothing else.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2011, 07:46 by John Revenent »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2011, 07:58 »

Note to self:

When dumping people's dirty laundry into public, keep the IC bits IC, and the OOC bits OOC.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2011, 08:14 »

Well, it would appear, Jade, that their internal communications frequently blend IC and OOC discussion, to a level where it is indeed impossible to sort out which is which. So, perhaps the experience you had with Revenent was due to the fact he was pursuing a more warm relationship with your organization at the time.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2011, 08:20 »

Well, it would appear, Jade, that their internal communications frequently blend IC and OOC discussion, to a level where it is indeed impossible to sort out which is which. So, perhaps the experience you had with Revenent was due to the fact he was pursuing a more warm relationship with your organization at the time.

Quite the contrary actually. This was during the direct fallout from last years Memorial Event where SF attended to assassinate the I-RED executor and attracted a veritable torrent of condemnation from various members of the ooc community and ignited massive flame threads on IGS. Amongst all the flames and shocking ic/ooc denunciations - John Revenent communicated to us a quiet dignity and simple message that he'd enjoyed the roleplay at the event and thanked us for making it memorable.

That is quality.

As for current relations what I will say is that since both SF and I-RED appear to be organizations capable of responding to dynamic changes through in-character roleplay with integrity unblemished by any kind of OOC feud or narkiness its been a pleasant experience exploring new possibilities and associations in space.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 24 May 2011, 08:22 »

You leave my main point unanswered, namely, that your observation is, indeed, the exception to the rule. 

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 24 May 2011, 08:23 »

You leave my main point unanswered, namely, that your observation is, indeed, the exception to the rule.

In my opinion you are mistaken.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7