Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: Wiki  (Read 1883 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Wiki
« on: 17 Apr 2010, 09:42 »

Does it make sense to create a separate wiki here? I tend to think that character and player corporation descriptions belong over in EVElopedia, and probably a lot of the collections of lore info, but perhaps others have other ideas?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Wiki
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2010, 10:24 »

There was some discussion about it, and I think the concern was that we do already have the official Eve wiki. So the question was what purpose would a new one serve?

I'm under the impression that if it's something that people want, a wiki is something we might be able to set up, though.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:13 »

What would be needed to make a Wiki project worthwhile would be a pretty massive project leaning heavily towards ArrPee and scraping together all the shit from various broken, abandoned, decrepit, or just shitty eve-wikis all over the internets, and editing their content to spin that OOC straw into IC, RP-compatible, accessible-to-rookies gold.

How 'bout it, O ye Inspired Stagehands? Are you man enough? Woman enough? Capsuleer enough?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 09:52 »

Sounds like a herculean effort.  Daunting  :eek:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 10:34 »

Ashar's welcome to try whatever, but as I think more about it, EVElopedia seems like a better and better place.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 13:19 »

That was mainly my point, yeah. You kind of have to really work to improve on EVElopedia now, despite its glaring flaws. It's official, etc.