Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Intaki Separatism  (Read 4527 times)

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
Re: Intaki Separatism
« Reply #15 on: 18 Nov 2011, 06:22 »

The quick recap: A handsome Intaki Separatist of some renown spent a few almost a month in Villore trying to convince the Supreme Court to invalidate the voting prohibition act (the one that disenfranchised the Intaki System and its neighbors) and force a recall election of the President.

It's really too bad said handsome Intaki didn't try working through the court system with a proper set of appeals, but I guess the end-run looks better and doing it the right way would be too slow :D  I've been browsing the IGS and I'm sad I missed this.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #16 on: 18 Nov 2011, 11:40 »

Is Simon active again? If so, I look forward to interacting with him again.

Saxon has always felt he could maybe bring Simon over given the right circumstances.

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 18 Nov 2011, 16:42 »

Simon is back in game and I'm looking forward to interacting with the ILF again :)
Formerly Simon Coal.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #18 on: 19 Nov 2011, 19:16 »

Simon is back in game and I'm looking forward to interacting with the ILF again :)

:cube:

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #19 on: 01 Dec 2011, 06:11 »

Glad to see you again too, Mammal.  Bumping the thread to say that I'm enjoying getting a chance to butt heads with Bataav again, and hoping nobody actually expects me to produce a bunch of academic papers on the slow destruction of divergent Intaki subaltern polities.  Because damn, I need some time for that  :twisted:
Formerly Simon Coal.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #20 on: 01 Dec 2011, 08:48 »

...hoping nobody actually expects me to produce a bunch of academic papers on the slow destruction of divergent Intaki subaltern polities.  Because damn, I need some time for that  :twisted:
On my desk by Monday morning ok for you?  :lol:

Actually my last post there on the IGS regarding other groups does hint towards my OOC feelings on Intaki RP. It would be nice for a non ILF or non IPI group to be around to interact with. Even more so if they were based in Placid and stopped by the Viriette constellation from time to time. If anything it would mean the ILF didn't appear as if we want to steer or dominate Intaki RP purely by the nature of being one of the very few Intaki corps out there.

I remember when Anshar Inc. first arrived in Placid and became quite vocal. There was the impression within the ILF that they might be more Syndicate aligned than Serpentis and there was actually a conversation within the corp about working with them on one level or another. Unfortunately for us, the Serpentis line seemed to dominate and with the booster trade and "stuff" with I-RED that followed (and me being shot in the face while ratting *cough* Milo *cough*  :P) our hands were tied RP-wise and it was a shame that we didn't get to explore things between the two groups more. I'm interested to see what Anshar return with and whether we can expect to see them in Intaki at some point.

More Intaki-oriented corps can only be a good thing so if Simon is becoming more active (and IGS suggests he is) then I look forward to what ever happens next.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #21 on: 01 Dec 2011, 13:07 »

I remember when Anshar Inc. first arrived in Placid and became quite vocal. There was the impression within the ILF that they might be more Syndicate aligned than Serpentis and there was actually a conversation within the corp about working with them on one level or another. Unfortunately for us, the Serpentis line seemed to dominate and with the booster trade and "stuff" with I-RED that followed (and me being shot in the face while ratting *cough* Milo *cough*  :P) our hands were tied RP-wise and it was a shame that we didn't get to explore things between the two groups more. I'm interested to see what Anshar return with and whether we can expect to see them in Intaki at some point.

You were shooting Serpentis, what else was I supposed to do?

As for Anshar, I'm not particularly sure whether or not we'll be returning to Placid in the immediate future. I'm still attempting to get a handle on things after my 6 month EVE hiatus, and frankly, the 'casual' PvP, which is largely what I play the game for, is awful there. Before the break, it was all clueless FW stealth bombers and Dramiels who'd either die horribly or run away the second you dropped into local, or fleets that we couldn't feasibly engage with the numbers we had.
That said, some fun times were had when we took mixed T1 cruiser fleets out into Syndicate.

TLDR; we're looking around, and you'll definitely know if we end up in Placid for the long haul again.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2011, 13:32 by Milo Caman »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #22 on: 01 Dec 2011, 13:12 »

I think the dialogue Senn and Bataav managed on the IGS was what I'll consider the success of my early time in Placid. I think the place where State/Federation tensions combine is in the Syndicate and among secessionists - sort of similar paths, really, with obviously different methodologies, but not different spirits. It was refreshing to have an open and civil, but appropriately passionate discussion on the role of the Syndicate in Placid.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you
Pages: 1 [2]