Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: [Faction] UDI  (Read 1449 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
[Faction] UDI
« on: 01 Jul 2010, 09:42 »

The UDI terrorist organization (United against Decadence and Impurity) was/is a minor faction within the Gallentean bloc that was behind the Elarel Massacre event arc in YC106 (2004).  What else do we know about this group and any enduring capsuleer loyalty to it?

I'm asking because some FedNav L2 mission text just referenced "UDI" as setting up front corporations for nefarious purposes and I had no idea who they were talking about.  Mission text quoted for context:

Recent reports from the Federal Intelligence Office give us reason to believe that the UDI terrorist organization has begun setting up outposts in the names of front corporations at deadspace forward points within our sovereign space, with the intention of spying on Gallente corporations. We recently managed to confirm the existence of one such outpost in this system.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: [Faction] UDI
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2010, 10:07 »

ahh my long time friends the UDI, how i enjoyed killing thee.

Besides what you have wrote, there is nothing else besides a couple of lvl2 missions. A loss really, cause the Federation should be a cauldron of activist movements who later evolve to terrorism.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2010, 11:05 »

way back, when missions had the different dialogue options for accept/decline, one of the UDI missions had the decline option as something like:

"UDI? well that sound a bit... Look behind you! a three-headed fedo!!"
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2011, 12:26 »

The NSF UDI have hostages in the subway station!

In the lower level missions, yeah, there's missions given against UDI NPCs. I imagine they are one of the many internal enemies that the GalFed battle against, others being more ideological terrorists (eco-terrorism, Hethites, Amarr-sympathetic Caldari) and the high-tech corporate paramilitaries of the Serpentis.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2011, 13:55 »

Besides what you have wrote, there is nothing else besides a couple of lvl2 missions. A loss really, cause the Federation should be a cauldron of activist movements who later evolve to terrorism.

This. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2011, 14:23 »

So start one! :)