Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Author Topic: Info request (writing)  (Read 1166 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Info request (writing)
« on: 22 Feb 2013, 19:34 »

so, I have a fiction-y idea forming in my head, and it will need lots of room and updatability. I figure blog-style posting would be best, but I can't get to wordpress and many others at work, where I have free time to spout. I would be looking at Eddie Gordo's PODBLOGS service, but it 'sploded.

Do any of you have sites that you've had good experiences with and could recommend?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Info request (writing)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2013, 19:56 »

I would suggest either setting up a wordpress thing on a site of your own, or just getting one you can't access from work, and doing the writing in google docs (if you can access that).

I do most of my writing there, and then post when it's done - unless I'm doing it in a single sitting like I did with my last blog post the other day.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2013, 20:16 »

I think Morwen's idea of writing in an offline format and then copy/pasting it when you get home into a blog web you like and feel comfortable with is a good approach. As for me, I've been using blogger for quite some time, and it works quite well.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2013, 00:09 »

I rather like tumblr as a blog service, its really easy to use and set up.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2013, 13:41 »

My EVE fiction's fit on Blogger for years.

Other than for my having occasional fits of wanting to fold it up and move it all into Wordpress (which I use for my other fiction/RL blog) so I can have access to nicer templates, Blogger works just fine.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2013, 07:30 »

is it something that you need people to be able to comment on ? cos some services don't seem to offer much ability for people to comment on things at all, while others seem to require people to comment via facebook, google, or other such things.
\o/

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2013, 14:41 »

I enjoy reading other folks blogs, especially ones related to their characters comings and goings. So!! I hope you will create one. 

What little I do myself is on Blogger.com.  Keep in mind I am as about as computer illiterate as they come so, if I can use them you know its simple.