Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Author Topic: Holy smokes, a young True Amarr!  (Read 3200 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Holy smokes, a young True Amarr!
« on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:27 »

Minmatar, Caldari, Amarr?

Very Slavic-looking, Serbian/Bosnian perhaps...I like it. If we could play young (male) Amarrians in-game, I would totally make an RP character.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Holy smokes, a young True Amarr!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:35 »

As I said in OOC, he's actually rather cute. Thus I am disappointed that you can't play a young amarrian.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2011, 08:05 »

I dunno if anybody has taken a good look at Raze's portrait, but I swear he's as young-looking as the engine would allow.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2011, 08:45 »

Whatever are you talking about? Raze? Young? He's the ripe old age of 26!

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:41 »

Whatever are you talking about? Raze? Young? He's the ripe old age of 26!
So practically a child. After you've passed 100 years, you could be considered young in the Amarrian high class circles. (Okay, possibly a bit earlier.) Of course, on the other hand we know that not very many old Amarr are capsuleers, so the capsuleer circles might have norms slightly deviant of the mainstream community.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2011, 14:24 »

I would more say gallente for the one on the right.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2011, 19:39 »

Kinda creeps me out when I chat up Amarr men that are 26 but old enough looking to be a grandfather.   :s

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2011, 05:04 »

Kinda creeps me out when I chat up Amarr men that are 26 but old enough looking to be a grandfather.   :s

And you wonder why the Amarr have to practice slavery in order to keep the population up?

:eek:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2011, 05:34 »

This might seem rather alien to all us western younger-is-better-no-respect-for-senior-citizens folks, but according to PF the Empire consider advanced age to be a sign of respect and thus practically a virtue. It's not all that about how old you actually are, but how old you look. A 30 y.o Amarrian who has taken steps to look the better part of 40-50 is likely to be respected a tad more than a 20 y.o Amarrian who actually looks his age, and no respect for anyone trying to look YOUNGER. (A Gallentean/Federal trait)

One of the things I like the Empire for, PF-wise; They are markedly different. A very alien society in some ways, but still in most ways clearly a human one.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2011, 05:38 »

This might seem rather alien to all us western younger-is-better-no-respect-for-senior-citizens folks, but according to PF the Empire consider advanced age to be a sign of respect and thus practically a virtue. It's not all that about how old you actually are, but how old you look. A 30 y.o Amarrian who has taken steps to look the better part of 40-50 is likely to be respected a tad more than a 20 y.o Amarrian who actually looks his age, and no respect for anyone trying to look YOUNGER. (A Gallentean/Federal trait)

One of the things I like the Empire for, PF-wise; They are markedly different. A very alien society in some ways, but still in most ways clearly a human one.

Yep, one of my favorite things about them, honestly. Raze is only 26 but he looks the better part of 40. The difference is that he makes 40 look good!

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2011, 07:58 »

Oh, yeah, I love the concept of looking older being a sign of wisdom / status / whatever; that it's forced on player characters is unfortunate, but the bizarre skull structure of the Amarr males is probably a more pressing concern. :U