Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: We get to be the Bad Guys!  (Read 4662 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: We get to be the Bad Guys!
« Reply #45 on: 09 May 2013, 08:18 »

Not only do the Minmarats get to be the bad guys

Freudian slip ?

Oh so intentional! :D

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 10 May 2013, 01:01 »

Dug from the depths of my old copies of stuff. The official line (I think from the character creation text circa 2003/2004) read

"This Republic of ours only contains about a quarter of all Minmatar. The Amarrians still hold about one third of our people, and a fifth have left the Republic to settle in the Gallente Federation. The remainder are spread through out various smaller organisations (mostly criminal)"

So yeah thats got to make up a quite significant portion of the Gallente Federation population. (if of course those numbers have not been retconned)
Assuming this is still so: 1/4 + 1/3 + 1/5 = 47/60 ~ 78%. Allowing for some margin of error, one fifth of Minmatar are members of smaller organizations. Perhaps one Minmatar in ten is involved in organized crime. That's pretty harsh.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 10 May 2013, 01:32 »

Given that the Matari have a rather large number of the worst traits of 19th century/early 20th century style racially defined nation states... yeah they aren't exactly good.

Its just that the Amarr are orders of magnitude worse, as they have most of the the worst traits of the 6th century eastern Mediterranean and then some.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 10 May 2013, 02:37 »

I just wonder if CCP has forgotten about this large fact when they were putting together the storyline...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2013, 18:42 »

I've never thought the Matari people were a morally superior people, just in a more morally justified position (i.e. trying to fight off enslavement).
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Darius Shakor

• Clonejack
« Reply #50 on: 12 May 2013, 14:28 »

Have to admit, I found a good time to return to eve in active RP. My character needed some new direction and the polarisation I feel right now to his past, related to current events, is overstimulating my fizzy bits.

Some great RP going on because no one is completely right. As it should be. :D
Retired freedom fighter. Founder of the Second Shakor Clan [-2SC-]
Currently playing as Denaton Koudo these days. Drawn to the blinking Caldari lights. Ooooooo.....

Twitter me @DShakor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]