Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Seacow Out  (Read 1221 times)

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
Seacow Out
« on: 04 Mar 2013, 21:17 »

Well, here it is.

A thought that has been dwelling in my mind for well over a year now.  Starting back in August of '08, it's a wonder in itself.  I've dabbled in just about everything Eve has to offer.  PvP in every variety, PvE as well.  I've even mined a bit (granted it was closer to when I first started), built things, managed POSes, stations in null, diplo, marketed around.  Simply put, there is very little about Eve that honestly holds me to it anymore.

Sure, life and work have played an immense role that can't be ignored, but it's not just that.  The people that play, the attitudes, the culture isn't the same it was a few years ago at all.  The game isn't as a whole.  I'm not saying the changes are bad, no.  A lot, if not most, are great.  It's just that, well, there's nothing that was like 'OMG YAY EVE!' you know?  Nothing that really has me coming back to Eve, nothing to fix that addiction I once had, where I lived, ate, breathed Eve on a day to day basis.

Gone are those days, gone are the days where fun was behind every turn.  Gone are the days where small gang pvp (or pvp in general) actually meant something.  Granted, sure, the RP portion can give it meaning, but that's only such a small part for me.  I don't dislike the RP in Eve, but it's just never been one that I really enjoyed.  I've had the chance to meet a lot of you through it, and for the most part you're all amazing.  There are those who I hold in such high regards, if you showed up on my doorstep in need of something, I wouldn't hesitate to help to my fullest.

As time has gone by, a lot of old friends who I flew with no longer play or are off doing something that I have no joy in doing, or have themselves become such different people that they're no longer fun to fly with.  Of course, skills still have to be trained, new fits still have to be tried and tried and tried again.  The ships, while they still look beautiful, with all the changes, are becoming so one dimensional, it's killed that freedom and creativity that made Eve so special, when the old probing system actually gave people who probed pride and acclaim for what they did, when being part of an alliance or coalition actually meant something.

sigh

I don't know.  I've been putting it off for so long, just so I could log in and chat with you folks, engage in a good duel or two (as, well honesty, dueling is by far the most fun thing I can really find to do in Eve anymore).  Even the arguments, while I know I was a douche from time to time, I'll always remember, because well, you just don't simply play a game for over four years and drop every ounce of it from your mind.  That'll never happen, and I hope it never does.

Regardless, to those who I flew, fought against, conversed, plotted, EFT warrior'd, theorized, etc with:  Thanks for making Eve great, and it's been an honor to share the time with you all.  As someone who flies for a living, and spent all of this time in Eve as well, I mean it sincerely from the bottom of my heart and soul:

Fly Safe

o7

Dewgong
(name chosen because Blastoise was already taken)

P.S.
I'll be on here and there the next week or so to divy out things/finish a couple of skills.  If anything happens between now and whenever to cause me to start her back up, then so be it, but until then, Eve Victor.

Edit:  Also: http://youtu.be/1OuQyUi_3F0 duel where I put my dread up. Guns burnt out =/  Oh well.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2013, 21:29 by Dewgong »

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Seacow Out
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2013, 22:26 »

:(
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2013, 06:24 »

Fly safe, racer. :)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2013, 06:30 »

Moo :(
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2013, 06:52 »

Bright stars and clear horizons, mate.

You'll be missed.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2013, 08:35 »

o7

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2013, 08:37 »

I never really interacted with you much, but it's always sad when someone leaves :(

Fly Safe.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Zakar Shazih

« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2013, 09:46 »

I (Aodha Khan) have been in the same position as yourself for a few years now after playing for almost 10 years. I sold Aodha and started again recently from scratch. So far the going is slow but I feel refreshed and ready for a new adventure.

You are right that Eve is not the same as it once was. But I feel it hasn't been for maybe 5-6 years. The Eve community back then was amazing and very creative, sadly many are gone now.

Good luck and take care! :-)

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2013, 10:15 »

Good luck, take care, fly save, drive safe, and enjoy yourself out there. :)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:07 »

* Louella Dougans hugs dewgong
\o/

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2013, 14:22 »

Baaaaah.  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2013, 18:54 »

Haven't met you, but like Aodha, I've been where you are. And if one thing I can tell you, EVE never loses its grip on you. So this isn't a goodbye, it's a... see you soon, mate. May be in a year, two or ten, but we'll meet in space. :)