Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Author Topic: Lock, Stock & Barrel  (Read 2015 times)

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
    • Bitter Vet's Social Club
Lock, Stock & Barrel
« on: 16 Nov 2013, 03:09 »

Until now I have held off posting much about LSB, simply because it was mainly a place for friends who heard from other friends. So I knew most people in there.

It is also the place for IC interaction with Jude and Stormcrows members. Instead of adding another channel to the list.

LSB was made around 3 years ago as a place to house Jude when he is not in pod. Previously he hung around The Daredevil's Lounge.

It is a renovated Rupture, which is still capable of flight. Current description (Thanks to Laria):

Filling the mid-section of the ship, the Lock, Stock and Barrel is entered from the end opposite to the bar, on the upper of two levels. The ceiling is a vaulted arc, largely made up of windows glazed with glass so clear it is almost invisible, which gives the upper level an open, communal, feel. A piano stands not too far from the bar.

The tables and chairs are made from recycled ammunition, mostly small rounds, cut away, hollowed out or otherwise modified to make it into comfortable and useful (if unusual) furniture. The tables in the centre can be removed to open up a dance floor for special occasions and nights. The upper level ends about three-quarters of the way down the room, in a balcony with ramps down to the main bar area. There are also several staircases leading between the upper and lower lounges.

The lighting on the lower level is muted, almost dim, glowing from unexpected angles and points. Here the cases that make up the furniture are larger: each table a private space, surrounded by a bullet stockade. The light catches and glints off the polished surfaces and tips of the rounds. The general atmosphere of the lower level is quiet without being furtive.

The main bar is at the far end of the room in an area that is open to both levels, a void space that rather echoes. The bar is long, and well-stocked, and behind it two Khanid twins serve with professional efficiency, if occasionally lacking in small-talk. A plaque on the bar reads "Ignore Kas at your own peril. :) ". Behind the bar is a large sign, reading "Lock, Stock and Barrel", punctuated with fake bullet holes.

Now, we made this place working with certain assumptions. These are not set rules, so they can be bent and even broken with sufficient RP. But please check with me if it is ok.

-First, we are capsuleers, each worth a lot of power and isk. We can hire security teams to keep us safe. But this is a capsuleer place and thus the only baseliners allowed in are the serving staff.
-Secondly, it is very dangerous to fly with a weapon in a pod. Or even on interbus, where you might get some baseliners who do not like us. Thus, there is no security checkpoint in the bar, because it is assumed that what ever weapons you might have had, have been confiscated or placed in storage before you even get to the docking bay.
-Thirdly, the Barrel is neutral, in that anyone is welcome, as long as they remain neutral. This is not to enforce strict limits on behaviour, but simply if you are gonna come push your loyalties in someone else' face, you will be asked to tone it down. It is largely up to everyone there to make sure they tolerate others in there. If they feel they cannot, they should leave. (By all means go to a quiet corner and discuss your politics and make deals there.)

The only rules currently in place:
-You may lurk, as long as you respect the conversations of others. Don't just drop in and answer them without announcing yourself.
-The second rule is that someone who lurks for two weeks without stopping by and saying hi to Jude will be asked to leave. This is to encourage some active participation and not have ghosts hanging around.

Now, the unsaid stuff:
-Stormcrows will be there, they speak for themselves when in the Barrel unless they speak to the corp. If you are unsure who they are speaking for, ask. (This is vague, the nature of the corp means we cannot ever completely split personal and corporate opinions)
-Jude is one of the most dangerous people you will ever meet out of pod. Backed up by Kas. You make them unhappy, they will kick you out. (There is a very long backstory to Jude, it is not public IC or OOC knowledge because that would go against most of the backstory; References can be provided upon request. Kas is either drunk of hungover, which makes he grumpy when you spoil her drinking. If you cannot accept this, don't come to the Barrel)
-Following onto the previous point, a fight here or there is expected, but Jude will be "very upset" if you break too much and don't offer to pay, or if someone actually gets seriously hurt.

And that is basically it folks, have fun.

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2013, 03:13 by Kopenhagen »

A man who does not test his shaving cream for poison each morning has lost the will to live.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Lock, Stock & Barrel
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2013, 03:53 »

Sounds interesting.

Where is this Rupture currently docked?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2013, 04:02 »

Currently it is in Ichoriya.

Planning to move it someone more central soon.

A man who does not test his shaving cream for poison each morning has lost the will to live.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2013, 18:43 »

It should totally float in space.

Desiderya

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2013, 06:51 »

"no guns and cynos allowed"

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2013, 09:39 »

Sounds like a place where Ché will likely inadvertantly piss of Matari...so I guess he's destined to show offer his face there some time... :ugh:
-OOChé

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2013, 15:29 »

It should totally float in space.

Sometimes it does :D

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2013, 05:43 »

Just an update since it came up and I do not thing it is mentioned.

There are no holo facilities in the bar.

Interbus is fine, don't need to be in system. But I like the old school face to face chats. None of this hiding behind the technology. That is what the Summit is for.

Drakolus

« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2013, 07:44 »

I'll ask a three silly questions if you don't mind?  (and sorry if this was supposed to be IC...I can go back and re-do it if it's supposed to be)

Effectively, is this a chat channel?  If so what's it called/how do I get into it?

I'm assuming the face to face thing means you prefer those who are in the chat channel to actually be in the system you mentioned?

Other than the face to face aspect, what does this particular venue offer that Summit or other random RP area does not? 

All that being said, I hope to drop by and say hi to you guys at some point.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2013, 08:02 »

I'll ask a three silly questions if you don't mind?  (and sorry if this was supposed to be IC...I can go back and re-do it if it's supposed to be)

Effectively, is this a chat channel?  If so what's it called/how do I get into it?

I'm assuming the face to face thing means you prefer those who are in the chat channel to actually be in the system you mentioned?

Other than the face to face aspect, what does this particular venue offer that Summit or other random RP area does not? 

All that being said, I hope to drop by and say hi to you guys at some point.

1) In terms of game mechanics, yes. It is a chat channel, just like any other RP outlet. Open up your channel list window (the little speech bubble button in the chat windows) and type "Lock, Stock & Barrel" into the text field, then click the 'Join' button.

2) What he means is that he prefers to RP with people face-to-face IC, rather than having holopresence involved - hence the update saying there is no holoprojection service within the Lock, and that anyone RPing in the channel is physically in the space in their fleshy meatbag. Being in the system the bar is located in is entirely optional.

3) Ask yourself this: what's the difference between a Skype video conference or chatting on TS, and going out to a bar? That's the difference between the Lock and the Summit.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2013, 13:20 »

I think I derped up during my first visit. I'm used to visiting places where I can dock my ship and get out of egg, therefor I RP'd the same when I arrived here.

While I don't really agree with the whole "you can only get out of your pod on stations and capitals" PF, I gotta asume this is the "reality", so I guess it would not have been possible for me to dock my capsuleer shuttle in/with the Rupture and get out of pod there?
I think the IC story would be to dock on a station in the system and make the rest of the trip by interbus?
-OOChé

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 21 Dec 2013, 16:04 »

Thanks Che, good point.

Yeah, think a shuttle or something would be the way to go.

Though sometimes the ship is docked in station and still has windows. So while you might not be able to decant right there, your approach could be seen and you appear in the bar a while later.