Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Redux: Can you expect safety in Eve, as RPers?  (Read 30873 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Redux: Can you expect safety in Eve, as RPers?
« Reply #180 on: 09 Dec 2018, 05:56 »

This has been addressed many times already. There's literally no reason to keep the structure in the corp/alliance if you want to remain wardec immune. People are as we speak moving structures to alt holding corps, so the only things that can be targeted is the structure itself. In most cases in highsec, this means a pretty worthless target compared to the effort and time required to take it down.

These corps are now wardec immune, without having the slightest drawback. They can still use all their structures (now squirreled away on alt corps) with zero tax etc whatever, having however much corp tax they want, and being entirely immune to anything even resembling competition or aggression. Every benefit, no drawback. All hail Eve Online 2.0: Hello Pussy Online Adventures.

Yes, the newbcorp existed in the past, but that doesn't have any of the things you need for decent industry. Corp hangars alone are vital for blueprint management, as well as industry job management and corp wallets and the whole nine yards. There used to be drawbacks to wardec immunity. Now there's literally none.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2018, 05:58 by Mizhara »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #181 on: 09 Dec 2018, 08:07 »

So they're putting their assets into even more vulnerable corps with fewer potential defenders?

Sounds like easy pickings for bashers.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #182 on: 09 Dec 2018, 08:36 »

What "potential defenders" would this be? The ones that were going to log off for the week anyway? The bashers are gaining nothing, rather losing even the potential of fights and kills, while the bears get to keep using the structures through the entire cycle with no drawback. You can't even suppress their industry, in effect ensuring that the wardec invulnerable bears can now regain the entire cost of the structure being bashed in less time than it takes to destroy it. Can't stop them moon mining, can't stop them moving materials, manufacturing and moving goods and so on and so forth. Unless the structure corp is wardecced the moment the structure goes up and it's immediately put into reinforced, it's pretty much guaranteed to be profitable long before it's destroyed.

Well, not my Fortizar obviously. That's just a fuel sink and RP thing that makes zero money, but every indy structure I own can very easily make back the investment cost in less than two weeks. The production one in far far less. And that's with just me having alts. An actual industry corp putting some effort in it, completely wardec immune and with a bit of brainstem ensuring they are very hard to gank can't possibly fail to be highly profitable on every structure they stuff in their alt corp, even if they're bashed regularly.

Literally no sustainable counter-play left.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #183 on: 09 Dec 2018, 12:46 »

Well, not for small groups that can't take down structures on their own. I guess not.

Get some friends to help with bashes?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #184 on: 09 Dec 2018, 12:52 »

... did you not read the post at all? The bashes are irrelevant. I can hire bashers all day long, they can't actually do anything at all to the enemy. The enemies are wardec immune and there's nothing that can disrupt their industry (which is entirely drawback free, as they now have all the benefits of corp hangars, corp/alliance contracts, corp wallets, corp jobs etc etc) and bashing structures doesn't actually do fuck all when they're free to get all the profit out of them in less time than it takes to bash it. Unless the enemy is functionally fucking retarded, going for their structures - which is the only thing you can do - does zero harm because they generate more profit than they lose anyway.

Please actually read what you respond to.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #185 on: 09 Dec 2018, 12:59 »

Even if it was worthwhile, fuck structure bashes. And all of this is assuming they even bother putting their structures in an alt corp. Considering how prolific structures are in high sec now, finding a public one where you can do everything you need is incredibly easy.

Nissui

« Reply #186 on: 09 Dec 2018, 13:15 »

So, uh... when do the rest of the wardec changes get announced?

Considering putting up a POCO so I can still be decced.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #187 on: 09 Dec 2018, 13:20 »

Announced? When they've got more to announce, I guess.
The new wardec mechanics go live Dec. 11th.
-OOChé

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #188 on: 09 Dec 2018, 13:21 »

I honestly don't understand the fuss.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #189 on: 09 Dec 2018, 13:37 »

So the invulnerable industry is now invulnerable because you can't declare on corporations that don't own a structure.

As opposed to the invulnerable industry that was being run on alt-corps with no visible connections to the characters who the ISK is funnelled to. Or basing out of public structures.

Okay.

You going to wardec Chribba's corporation, if people are basing out of his structures ?

All it means is that a 1-character pvp corp can't declare on a large corporation and then log off for a few weeks with the bills on auto-pay, and have a psych effect on the larger entity because any neutrals could be alt-spies. And even if they did throw up a POS somewhere, then it can be taken down by the defender to end the war while the 1-player dude still has weeks to go before they're back in game. Big deal.

vOv
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #190 on: 09 Dec 2018, 15:03 »

So the invulnerable industry is now invulnerable because you can't declare on corporations that don't own a structure.

As opposed to the invulnerable industry that was being run on alt-corps with no visible connections to the characters who the ISK is funnelled to. Or basing out of public structures.

That was never invulnerable. That was more or less hidden. In a lot of cases, poorly so. Especially among RPers, since every char is a special IGS snowflake.

You going to wardec Chribba's corporation, if people are basing out of his structures ?

Do you not grasp just how poorly you understand the issue? Someone using a freeport or alt corps or whatever else is exactly the same at this point. That's the whole problem. You used to be able to disrupt and target their industry by going for the people doing it, whether they're in NPC stations, freeports or their own structures. Now this is no longer possible.

All it means is that a 1-character pvp corp can't declare on a large corporation and then log off for a few weeks with the bills on auto-pay, and have a psych effect on the larger entity because any neutrals could be alt-spies. And even if they did throw up a POS somewhere, then it can be taken down by the defender to end the war while the 1-player dude still has weeks to go before they're back in game. Big deal.

Yeah, what it means is that now you can be completely invulnerable in highsec, while having every single benefit of corporations, while having every single benefit of structures, without running even the slightest risk of facing consequences for actions, words or choices. Risk free, completely. That you don't seem to grasp the issue here isn't all too surprising of course.

Quote from: Tein
I honestly don't understand the fuss.

It's pretty simple, if there's something specific you don't understand I'm sure it can be explained.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #191 on: 09 Dec 2018, 15:27 »

The reason I don't understand the fuss is probably tha A) I don't do alts B) Griefdeccing or deccing over trivial crap in general is really not my thing C) Relating to A, I've felt alts have provided immunity to consequences and diluted the supposed hardcoredness of EVE for as long as their use has been prevalent.

Those who can be bothered, have been able to dodge everything for the past 15 years. This is barely anything new or gamechanging on top of that.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2018, 15:40 by Teinyhr »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #192 on: 09 Dec 2018, 15:31 »

Clearly the solution is no alts, ever.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #193 on: 09 Dec 2018, 15:39 »

Clearly the solution is no alts, ever.

That's what I've been saying for years! Hey Zangief, you're not a bad guy!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #194 on: 09 Dec 2018, 15:46 »

The reason I don't understand the fuss is probably tha A) I don't do alts B) Griefdeccing or deccing in general is really not my thing C) Relating to A, I've felt alts have provided immunity to consequences and diluted the supposed hardcoredness of EVE for as long as their use has been prevalent.

Those who can be bothered, have been able to dodge everything for the past 15 years. This is barely anything new or gamechanging on top of that.

The fuck is 'griefdeccing'?

More importantly, alts you still had to keep hidden and tucked away somewhere secret if you wanted them to be at lower risk and even then they still ran the exact same risk everyone did. The only place you could be wardec safe was in the newbcorp and as an organization that was never tenable. No corphangars, none of the organizational tools needed for proper progress etc. I shouldn't have to keep repeating myself, because it's not a difficult concept. Now, you can have all the benefits risk free. Every tool in the box.

With zero counter play.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15