EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Khanid Kingdom fanfiction and other shenanigans

<< < (8/11) > >>

Arista Shahni:
Well, that's certainly how I read it.  If they use the wrong word okay, but ALL Amarrian are supremacists in one way or another, or the entire basis of the concect - or at least the justification - of religious slavery or otherwise flies out of the window.  The concept of Khanid racial supremacy could have very easily come from King Khanid himself, and even be a relatively "new" thing, though the Khanid seeing themselves as a badass martial race of New Eden folk specifically for asskicking for God's sake (as in ALL of them, not just Kingdom Khanid who are at times defines as having this 'less religious' ideal in some of their subfactions, in other points in being MORE religious than their Empire counterparts) is again not an idea that could be considered born of a vaccuum. 

I am not going to worry about the details as to why or how as I do not require it for immersion of character or suspension of disbelief.  My character is not a wiki article; it's a guideline in the sense of 'Don't deviate insanely from it, but don't be an uncreative carbon copy of it either - use it as a general example'.

Again as I wouldn't work on nor do I worry about the wiki/lore enough to nitpick at it, I'm not going to get let get under my skin or rile me up as it would detract from my enjoyment of gameplay to focus on one or two words in thousands.  Some of these arguments sound so personal when you talk about it.  There is an "idea" as to what they (The Khanid) are and there needs to be room for player's personal creativity.  If these people aren't writers - or bad ones - the ideas won't come across right to everyone reading them.  But I wont be banned for "YDIW" in RP in EVE.

Publius Valerius:

--- Quote from: Arista Shahni on 01 Feb 2014, 08:23 ---Well, that's certainly how I read it.  If they use the wrong word okay, but ALL Amarrian are supremacists in one way or another, or the entire basis of the concect - or at least the justification - of religious slavery or otherwise flies out of the window.  The concept of Khanid racial supremacy could have very easily come from King Khanid himself, and even be a relatively "new" thing, though the Khanid seeing themselves as a badass martial race of New Eden folk specifically for asskicking for God's sake (as in ALL of them, not just Kingdom Khanid who are at times defines as having this 'less religious' ideal in some of their subfactions, in other points in being MORE religious than their Empire counterparts) is again not an idea that could be considered born of a vaccuum. 

--- End quote ---

Lol where is PIE when you need it.  :P Just joking. But when you go deeper into the lore you will find out that the Justification isnt supremacy. I want start here a new topic. You will find threads about this on this forum.

--- Quote from: Arista Shahni on 01 Feb 2014, 08:23 ---I am not going to worry about the details as to why or how as I do not require it for immersion of character or suspension of disbelief.  My character is not a wiki article; it's a guideline in the sense of 'Don't deviate insanely from it, but don't be an uncreative carbon copy of it either - use it as a general example'.

Again as I wouldn't work on not do I worry about the wiki/lore enough, I'm not going to get let get under my skin or rile me up as it would detract from my enjoyment of gameplay to focus on one or two words in thousands.

--- End quote ---

You still dont understand it?

He made a paradigm. It has nothing to do what you choose. Or I as player. It is out of the realm of our doing, thats why it is important.  :lol:

About: "Khanid seeing themselves as a badass martial race of New Eden folk specifically for asskicking for God's sake" You know in the Kingdom: "Mans law is above Gods law."  :P But as I said you as indivual can roll with what ever you like or love. :D

I think CCP, has just work some RL white-power-stuff in without thinking how it could work in a society which has no racial cleavage..... He had just done what TonyG has done, adding stuff without knowing how it will work or could work. By the way can someone tell me where TonyG had made his political science degree and on what topic. Not that I start hating, Im just currious. He had made so many errors.

As I said... Im ready to roll with Eternes version if he or you answers my questions:
To what are they racist? None Amarr, none True Amarr etc....
And Why they are racist? Social Darwinism? Which has the problem that it implaies that humans are unequal. Which led to further questions, like unqual in what? Like who is Praying harder is better? As I said. TonyG shit without thinking shit through.
Those their Religion says so?
And what is with the fact that they are less relgious?

Samira Kernher:
Khanid and I believe the majority of the Kingdom are still True Amarr. Therefore, the racism would probably be similar to Imperial racism--the True Amarr are superior to all other races. Though it's possible that in the Kingdom the Khanid would be viewed on the same level as True Amarr to strengthen Khanid II's power base among the Khanid bloodline.

As for where the racist stuff comes from... the kingdom is an offshoot of Amarrian culture. Traditional Amarr culture is racist and has been since EVE launched (it's actually been reduced quite a bit from what it was, to my understanding). The True Amarr were the only race that did not turn from God, thus they are Chosen and thus superior to all the other races. It's not something that originated from Eterne.

The only reason I could see for the kingdom being less racist than the Empire is that the kingdom is more liberal and pragmatic--I would expect conservative territories like Ardishapur etc to have more racist outlooks. It has nothing to do with a 'white-power' BS or whatever--this is a fictional world, and some of the cultures in that world are racist. Amarrian racism stems from the religion, and as the kingdom still maintains that religion (in part), then clearly that carried over. Afterall, the original Kingdom chronicle already says: "... most Amarr traditions and customs still exist within the kingdom."

Publius Valerius:

--- Quote from: Samira Kernher on 01 Feb 2014, 08:57 ---Khanid and I believe the majority of the Kingdom are still True Amarr. Therefore, the racism would probably be similar to Imperial racism--the True Amarr are superior to all other races. Though it's possible that in the Kingdom the Khanid would be viewed on the same level as True Amarr to strengthen Khanid II's power base among the Khanid bloodline.

As for where the racist stuff comes from... the kingdom is an offshoot of Amarrian culture. Traditional Amarr culture is racist and has been since EVE launched (it's actually been reduced quite a bit from what it was, to my understanding). The True Amarr were the only race that did not turn from God, thus they are Chosen and thus superior to all the other races. It's not something that originated from Eterne.

The only reason I could see for the kingdom being less racist than the Empire is that the kingdom is more liberal and pragmatic--I would expect conservative territories like Ardishapur etc to have more racist outlooks. It has nothing to do with a 'white-power' BS or whatever--this is a fictional world, and some of the cultures in that world are racist. Amarrian racism stems from the religion, and as the kingdom still maintains that religion (in part), then clearly that carried over. Afterall, the original Kingdom chronicle already says: "... most Amarr traditions and customs still exist within the kingdom."

--- End quote ---

and that I do falsfy here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4179988#post4179988

As I said... racism, isnt working as well. It would just repeat the old TonyG makro.makro error. Or what you have shown above nicely. OR IN OTHER WORD: RACISM ISNT LEGITIMATION OF SLAVERY. RELIGION IS THE LEGITIMATION OF SLAVERY. Two different things. We dont want to become more TonyG as TonyG himself. OR in other words... RELIGION IS THE LEGITIMATION OF SLAVERY, form that derives the explanation for the Kingdom slavery .... which cant work in a way as in the Empire (as It is less religious). I cant repeat that fact engouh RELIGION IS THE LEGITIMATION OF SLAVERY... we play AMARRIANS NOT AMERCIANS. When we play southern slave holder we can say: RACISM IS THE LEGITIMATION OF SLAVERY.

"Khanid and I believe the majority of the Kingdom are still True Amarr." Wíth to large immigration waves I dont think so... as I mention in the Demo-page. Whats about all the "anti" having one nation not being white? Just curious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shiori:
Publius, dear. Random bolding, ellipsis, and capitalization never strengthens or clarifies any kind of statement. Except "I'm off my meds again."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version