EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

A Guide to public RP

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lunarisse Aspenstar:
Luna's current "domestic" issue might *innocent look*

[Spoiler] [/spoiler]

Veiki:

--- Quote from: Graelyn on 26 Jun 2017, 15:47 ---What the hell else is there to talk about?

"How about that political situation that will never change?"
"Still there."
"Grr."
"Making ISK?"
"Yup."
"Me too."
"Are we ever going to fight each other?"
"Sure, my 3 pilots and your 4 pilots can burn down the Galaxy."
"lol"

--- End quote ---

I've always found the solution in asking myself:

Given an unlimited amount of wealth and access to people and resources, what groovy and wild things would I be able to do with it in the setting given my character?

I mean seriously, if the answer to that question is the utterly mundane then it's not the fault of the lore for any lack of imagination.

Sure there's a time and a place to discuss the world news, but isn't the whole point of RP a bit of improv and creativity?

There's so much emphasis on, "Hey unless what we do shakes the very foundations of New Eden asunder in the most relevant way possible then we better not talk about anything!" What happened to just the individual stories of the characters themselves, the things they get up to, and banter?

There's also the art of asking questions - any and all sorts of questions. Most of the time I try to ask topical questions in RP it's almost always some one word answer, so it's like... how am I supposed to segue a conversation out of that?

Graelyn:

--- Quote ---Given an unlimited amount of wealth and access to people and resources, what groovy and wild things would I be able to do with it in the setting given my character?
--- End quote ---

Have you come up with anything?

Kasuko:
Ask the mermaids.

Sakura Nihil:
Or the mini-Valklear bartender.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version