Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Where have all the Slavers gone? (Woe is Me)  (Read 23169 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Where have all the Slavers gone? (Woe is Me)
« Reply #60 on: 19 Mar 2012, 11:52 »

Leeroying off topic, Aldrith, there are currently three minmatar militia RP alliance. Electus Matari, White-Lotus, formed a few days ago by Huang Yinglong and us (Teraa Matar) and Defiant Legacy, formed a few days ago by Murientor Tribe and The Wings of Maak. So now we have Moderates (W-L), hardcore tribalists (DL) and EM somewhere in the middle. Yay.  :D

So really you can take your pick.

Quite alright. I'm a big fan of Leeroy and the important work that he does :)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 19 Mar 2012, 12:32 »

Interesting, worthy enemies abound it seems.

But yes, I think for me to stay in the game the second time around I'll need some good, solid enemies that I can RP with. Looks like some fun prospects.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #62 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:23 »

I find Seri to be a very deep character, tbh. While he may lose himself in a lot of chauvinist/unconscously condescendings remarks he also makes a lot of witty/insightful comments, lost in the middle.

Hey... so if/when I come back and russrect KotMC into a not-so-nice doom squad, who wants to be my arch nemeses?

* Aldrith Shutaq gives Ava and her band the look.

* Lyn Farel gives Aldrith the look.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #63 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:27 »

*Gives KOTMC and TRA the look.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #64 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:47 »

wait, I thought we were the tribalists, EM were the liberals, the DL were the tribal supremacists?
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #65 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:58 »

wait, I thought we were the tribalists, EM were the liberals, the DL were the tribal supremacists?

Does it matter? Far as the Amarr are concerned you are all Matari scum  ;)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:21 »

Of course it matters. We used to have a wonderful time bitching at U'K back in the day (and vice versa).

Scope for roleplayed interaction with targets is a tad limited. Outside of ceasefires around major disasters you tend to be too busy trying to kill them. There is a lot more scope in bickering with allies who have a slightly different point of view, but who aren't so opposed as to become targets.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Markius TheShed

• Clonejack
  • Tribe Council
« Reply #67 on: 20 Mar 2012, 07:07 »

When I joined the tribe we were having daily plex fights and 1v1s with 1PG as both sides fought to capture systems.
But over time more and more pilots gave up plexing as a waste of time so less reclaiming and less liberating is being done.

Hopefully CCP will make system occupancy worth something which will kick off the RP again.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #68 on: 20 Mar 2012, 07:41 »

Of course it matters. We used to have a wonderful time bitching at U'K back in the day (and vice versa).

Scope for roleplayed interaction with targets is a tad limited. Outside of ceasefires around major disasters you tend to be too busy trying to kill them. There is a lot more scope in bickering with allies who have a slightly different point of view, but who aren't so opposed as to become targets.

I should re-phrase the above so my meaning is clear; what does it matter [to the Amarr]? There is little difference to them what you do, if you are all still fundamentally so similar in goals as to oppose them. As for intra-factional bitching, that's what livens up the scene for all participants. Sadly there were not much of that for me on the fed side of things. That may be because the fed is so diverse people just agreed to disagree on the small things and stood more united on the big ones.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 20 Mar 2012, 09:20 »

. Sadly there were not much of that for me on the fed side of things. That may be because the fed is so diverse people just agreed to disagree on the small things and stood more united on the big ones.

A few people have claimed, and I tend to agree, that faction warfare has tended to submerge most of the small arguments between people on the same side, because when it comes down to it, those details can be sorted out after we win the war, for if we lose, then sorting them out isn't terribly meaningful.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #70 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:54 »

I actually take the IC and OOC stance that the 'Faction Wars' are pretty meaningless.   It's Capsuleers expending their resources against other Capsuleers with little direct investment from the empires.   

The early News articles about how the emergency militia act works indicated that the empires basically agreed to put on a meaningless dog and pony show to keep their people happy and assure them that 'something' is being done to avenge X.

After that it seemed that there were three different Devs/ISD writing PF and they each had a seperate view on how meaningful the FW was meant to be.

I choose to accept the meaningless version since for the price of a single rifter a capsuleer could have a few thousand families moved into high-sec, set up with good jobs and a place to live doing a hundred times more good for his or her people than they ever could in a capsule fit rifter.     The argument that a capsuleer is fighting to protect the people living in low-sec doesn't hold up. 
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2012, 07:02 by Hamish Grayson »

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #71 on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:29 »

I've taken the OOC view (which Celeste shares ICly to some extent) that faction warfare was something hastily devised by CONCORD in an effort to keep the capsuleers distracted and divided over national interests instead of uniting to finish the work the Thukker-Elder fleet began at Yulai.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #72 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:16 »

I've taken the OOC view (which Celeste shares ICly to some extent) that faction warfare was something hastily devised by CONCORD in an effort to keep the capsuleers distracted and divided over national interests instead of uniting to finish the work the Thukker-Elder fleet began at Yulai.

This, both IC and OOC.  Repentence will quite happily go on at length about the sheer stupidity of FW.  It's an excellent way to distract the 'ooh shiny' tendencies of the average capsuleer.  The fact that absolutely nothing has happened since it started (unless you count the song and dance when the Caldari won their entire warzone for a time) kind of confirms that - hell, the Caldari thing was the exception that proves the rule.  How much more of a 'win' do you get than eradicating all meaningful Gallente resistence?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #73 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:38 »

I'd really like to start a semi-sarcastic IC cult that is based on the logical conclusion that everything that happens in the game world exists for no other reason than the entertainment for the Capsuleer Class.  That the whole universe is, in fact, something like a video game, just a very immersive one.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #74 on: 21 Mar 2012, 10:15 »

Off topic leeroy complete >.>

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14