Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Gracious in Victory, Gracious in Defeat (You Faction and You)  (Read 8158 times)

Vikarion

This sort of behavior makes your opinions carry less weight. If you don't give a shit why should anyone give a shit about what you think?

Well, I won't expect them to, in the future. My argument now (after considering what Hamish had to say) is probably the most productive personal choice for a Caldari RPer.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

The most productive personal choice is "Fuck this, I'm out"?

-_^

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

I'd just like to point out that everyone gets beaten once in awhile.  Isn't some of the most fun RP out there thinking how your character would carry on after something they've worked hard for is lost, if they carried on at all?  It's one thing to claim in your bio that "you were enslaved as a child and fought your way to freedom", or something of that nature, but to actually be put down on your ass in-game and have to fight your way back from it... that's a challenge.

If you throw your hands up and say "I can't be bothered", then that sucks.

Vikarion

I'd just like to point out that everyone gets beaten once in awhile.  Isn't some of the most fun RP out there thinking how your character would carry on after something they've worked hard for is lost, if they carried on at all?  It's one thing to claim in your bio that "you were enslaved as a child and fought your way to freedom", or something of that nature, but to actually be put down on your ass in-game and have to fight your way back from it... that's a challenge.

Well, I really enjoyed it when the Gallente took all the systems, and my alliance was fighting tooth and nail to drive them out. That felt really awesome, which was about when CCP had Heth start a civil war, overrule the megas, and throw out the blind auction. After that, it's been a long downward slide to "fuckit", both for me and my alliance.

Gesakaarin

To me, it doesn't matter if you win, lose or draw all that matters is being able to do things in space, enjoy yourself and just go with the flow whatever happens.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

Well, I really enjoyed it when the Gallente took all the systems, and my alliance was fighting tooth and nail to drive them out. That felt really awesome, which was about when CCP had Heth start a civil war, overrule the megas, and throw out the blind auction. After that, it's been a long downward slide to "fuckit", both for me and my alliance.

[ Laerise likes this post and add's reputation to Vikarion. ]

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

That's still not a bad thing.  If you're of the opinion "fuck them", it creates interesting RP where your characters have to weigh trying to do something to save Caldari Prime versus the desire for Heth to go suck on a railgun's business end.  Hell, turning your back on the State might drive your characters into the arms of another faction, or another corporation, or another individual - just because it doesn't turn out the way you had envisioned it doesn't mean it's not good RP.

Hell, Sakura started out as a glorified security guard for a bunch of corpies mining a belt, and the better part of a decade later she has the blood of countless tens of thousands on her hands.  Rolling with the punches and being organic in your RP is rewarding, in my opinion.

Vikarion

I'm not interested in the other factions, and I don't want to give CCP an opportunity to engage me in something that they decide to ruin. They haven't just pulled this crap with Caldari RPers, they've done it to Sansha and Amarrian RPers as well. Not to mention the opportunity they took on the forums to tell certain Angel RPers "urdoingitwrong".

Other people may have more patience. I think that, past a certain point, patience becomes naivete. And I think too much damage has been done.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

Hi there, I'm an EoM guy. At the end of the day my faction is prettymuch guaranteed to be defeated.

No complaints here!

edit;

To me, it doesn't matter if you win, lose or draw all that matters is being able to do things in space, enjoy yourself and just go with the flow whatever happens.
+ a million
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 16:03 by Safai »

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette

Hi there, I'm an EoM guy. At the end of the day my faction is prettymuch guaranteed to be defeated.

No complaints here!

Hey, at least you know going in what you're going to get with those guys. :)

Vikarion

No complaints here!

Bullshit. Eventually, someday, the servers will be turned off. Everyone in Eve will be "dead". You're the only faction that we know will win.  :P

Anslol

I'm not interested in the other factions, and I don't want to give CCP an opportunity to engage me in something that they decide to ruin. They haven't just pulled this crap with Caldari RPers, they've done it to Sansha and Amarrian RPers as well. Not to mention the opportunity they took on the forums to tell certain Angel RPers "urdoingitwrong".

Other people may have more patience. I think that, past a certain point, patience becomes naivete. And I think too much damage has been done.

Vikarion, if you don't like it, force it. Didn't Sid help someone shoot Heth? Didn't another guy kick off the riots in the first place that started the rebellion against the CPD?

I understand you don't like what's happening, but you can change it. Come up with an arc and a write up for it and send it to Falcon. He's really proactive about submissions and willing to work with you to make it work in the first place. I mean if it's far fetched like 'someone goes and ganks Heth in the bathroom,' then maybe it won't fly. But there's ways to make it work, just think.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

If the Gallente regain control of Caldari Prime, and control all their own systems, and most of Black Rise and the other caldari systems, then...

Roden has to open armistice/peace talks. (an end to FW). Or be assassinated (to continue FW).

Otherwise, Roden and the Gallente Federation, will be waging a war in opposition to Federal principles. The casus belli no longer exists (i.e. Caldari control of Caldari Prime, Caldari control of Black Rise).
\o/

Gorion

• Clonejack

Why do you think Gorion got the fuck out of dodge? Its still wrenching him seeing all this terribleness happen to his homeland. But really if this line of crap writing continues why bother? I'm having fun in Syndicate.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

If the Gallente regain control of Caldari Prime, and control all their own systems, and most of Black Rise and the other caldari systems, then...

Roden has to open armistice/peace talks. (an end to FW). Or be assassinated (to continue FW).

But Roden's a capsuleer.  Assassinating him would be pointless.

.oO(Unless Celeste succeeded in doing so, then it'd just be very odd.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5