Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [Spoiler] TMC Article: Dust 514 Map  (Read 9083 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Crashed Leviathan on Caldari Prime?
« Reply #60 on: 19 Mar 2013, 18:18 »

It might not need or want one, but it might not have much choice in the matter.

There are always greater things at play. I find Heth's rise to power as suspicious as I found Jamyl's death - and if you'll recall, that event led to some rather accurate... prophecies on my part. Were I a guessing man, I'd call the Broker as much a puppet as Heth - not the puppetmaster at all, just as Istvaan Shogaatsu is himself but a puppet to far greater, far more hidden powers, merely playing the role of puppetmaster.

We are all proxies of proxies of proxies. So is every actor in this game. Plots within plots.

I'm being intentionally vague in case my guesses are accurate, as they always fucking turn out to be. I've played prophet long enough to prove I'm good at it. This time, I prefer to be genuinely surprised. The story of Eve is not as fun when I can predict where it will go :p

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #61 on: 19 Mar 2013, 18:20 »

Isn't the Broker dead?

Vikarion

« Reply #62 on: 19 Mar 2013, 18:23 »

Isn't the Broker dead?

The Broker would only be dead if we liked the character.

I think one of the problems CCP has is that it conflates villains we love to hate with characters we hate.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #63 on: 19 Mar 2013, 18:29 »

Good question. Is the Broker dead? He couldn't clone... but then, we live in an universe where at least one other person is known to have uploaded their consciousness to a computer... ;)

And hey, isn't our galaxy positively infested with living computers? :D

I can't stop seeing these inter-relations... they just jump right out at me.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 18:32 by hellgremlin »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 19 Mar 2013, 19:03 »

I think everyone here needs a Rorschach test. :D

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #65 on: 19 Mar 2013, 19:19 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

K_Wiroshoda

• Clonejack
« Reply #66 on: 19 Mar 2013, 19:33 »

Isn't the Broker dead?

:roll:

I think I prefer the current generation that I see of Caldari RPers, rather than the lamenting ones encapsulated by yourself and Svetlana Scarlet.

Vikarion

« Reply #67 on: 19 Mar 2013, 19:50 »

Isn't the Broker dead?

:roll:

I think I prefer the current generation that I see of Caldari RPers, rather than the lamenting ones encapsulated by yourself and Svetlana Scarlet.

We didn't start out bitter and paranoid.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #68 on: 19 Mar 2013, 21:14 »

Quick question, and I'm possibly speaking from ignorance, but since when has Jacus Roden been awesome? I was under the impression that a number of Gallente RPers hated the slime ball.

Vikarion

« Reply #69 on: 19 Mar 2013, 21:34 »

Quick question, and I'm possibly speaking from ignorance, but since when has Jacus Roden been awesome? I was under the impression that a number of Gallente RPers hated the slime ball.

Yes, some do. OTOH, he's miles away higher in popularity than the previous one, from what I've been able to tell.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #70 on: 20 Mar 2013, 00:19 »

Man, fuck you too. How many of those RPers have written umpteen thousand words on Caldari culture, history, society, government, etc, etc over the course of seven plus years? I think I've earned the right to feel a little bitter about repeated retcons and a storyline that has slowly drained everything that originally appealed to me about the Caldari from the State over the course of five years.

Yes, I'm a little possessive about the Caldari. Yes, I realize CCP can do whatever they want with them. No, that doesn't mean I have to like it when they turn the Caldari from an interesting society that is vastly different from anything else in the cluster into a fascist parody.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #71 on: 20 Mar 2013, 00:39 »

Seriously, why the **** does this keep coming up. Why is it so difficult for people to accept the fact that the Caldari State does not and should not need a singular head of state?! Why do people even keep suggesting this?
Really, why, but why the State has to be ruled by "multiple heads"? Theoretically, multiple head scenario gives slower, but more balanced and wise decisions, while singular head gives quick, but not optimal decisions. For fast pacing and eventful scenarios the later still is better, because fast reaction is crucial for surviving in changing environment. That's why there is no democracy in military ranks. That's why you are put under tribunal for not following order, even it wasn't the best and optimal solution.
So tell me, why, i won't be afraid to say, the most progressive society, should cling to tradition if it endangers survival?

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #72 on: 20 Mar 2013, 00:57 »

Yes, some do. OTOH, he's miles away higher in popularity than the previous one, from what I've been able to tell.

It's funny, because I have had the opposite impression. I've had a little to do with Federal RP (not with this character) and I can't name many pro-Roden Federal RPers. With the exception of Alain Octirant/Hans Nardieu and maybe James Syagrius, I can't think of many Roden fans out there. I seem to remember more people wishing wistfully for the days of Souro Foiritan or even wishing for Mentas Blaque (god knows why).

I might be wrong.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #73 on: 20 Mar 2013, 01:25 »

Isn't the Broker dead?

I think one of the problems CCP has is that it conflates villains we love to hate with characters we hate.

Vikarion, seriously, you need to take your bitter and bury some of it. I don't agree with the way Vincent portrayed his examples (from a Cadlari-IC viewpoint as opposed to OOC-unbiased) but he has a point. To begin with CCP don't only bitch on the State, or the Fed, or the Empire or anyone, everyone get their rounds, and that's a fact many of us lament. Also, CCP has not made any indication that all they ever wish to do is screw the RP'ers over.

Calm down, remove those sot-covered sunglasses and relax a little. It's not nearly as pitch-black as you see it.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #74 on: 20 Mar 2013, 02:51 »

I don't agree with the way Vincent portrayed his examples (from a Cadlari-IC viewpoint as opposed to OOC-unbiased) but he has a point.

I really fucking hate it when dudes try to put words in my mouth.

My observations were purely OOC, outside of both RP blocs. There was nothing 'IC' about them. It was me looking at the situation objectively as a non-participant.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8