Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gracious in Victory, Gracious in Defeat (You Faction and You)  (Read 8150 times)

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

Hi there, I'm an EoM guy. At the end of the day my faction is prettymuch guaranteed to be defeated.

No complaints here!

Bullshit. Eventually, someday, the servers will be turned off. Everyone in Eve will be "dead". You're the only faction that we know will win.  :P

You kind of just blew my mind right there :eek:

Gorion

• Clonejack

But Roden's a capsuleer.  Assassinating him would be pointless.

You need to do more than one at a time.

Vikarion

Hi there, I'm an EoM guy. At the end of the day my faction is prettymuch guaranteed to be defeated.

No complaints here!

Bullshit. Eventually, someday, the servers will be turned off. Everyone in Eve will be "dead". You're the only faction that we know will win.  :P

You kind of just blew my mind right there :eek:

:D

Hamish Grayson

The most productive personal choice is "Fuck this, I'm out"?

-_^

Yes.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

If the Gallente regain control of Caldari Prime, and control all their own systems, and most of Black Rise and the other caldari systems, then...

Roden has to open armistice/peace talks. (an end to FW). Or be assassinated (to continue FW).

.oO(Unless Celeste succeeded in doing so, then it'd just be very odd.)

well, there is that yes.

But, either Roden opens peace talks, or he's removed from office.

probably removed from office, in order to continue FW.
\o/

Vikarion

If the Gallente regain control of Caldari Prime, and control all their own systems, and most of Black Rise and the other caldari systems, then...

Roden has to open armistice/peace talks. (an end to FW). Or be assassinated (to continue FW).

Otherwise, Roden and the Gallente Federation, will be waging a war in opposition to Federal principles. The casus belli no longer exists (i.e. Caldari control of Caldari Prime, Caldari control of Black Rise).

Or they'll start converting Caldari hi-sec to Gallente hi-sec.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

No complaints here!

I like your logic.

Otherwise, Roden and the Gallente Federation, will be waging a war in opposition to Federal principles. The casus belli no longer exists (i.e. Caldari control of Caldari Prime, Caldari control of Black Rise).

Or they'll start converting Caldari hi-sec to Gallente hi-sec.

Which begs the critical question - what will CONCORD do, if anything?  If they don't do anything about the potential Luminaire situation tomorrow, what is their purpose?  Could limited, direct war between empires be about to unfold during the summer expansion?  One that involves ground troops in the form of Dust Bunnies?

Let's face it, the power situation is pretty damn stale.  Since I've started playing the game, there have not been any real territorial shifts, at least in empire.  Lowsec occupancy and Caldari Prime is about it.  For a game to last long-term, they have to be willing to have dynamic NPC states, some of which win, some of which loose.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 17:34 by Sakura Nihil »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Which begs the critical question - what will CONCORD do, if anything?  If they don't do anything about the potential Luminaire situation tomorrow, what is their purpose?  Could limited, direct war between empires be about to unfold during the summer expansion?  One that involves ground troops in the form of Dust Bunnies?

I hope so.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

You need to do more than one at a time.
Or just continue killing him as soon as it reincarnates.
Alive - boom - dead - alive - boom - dead - etc
And make it eternal loop :D

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

.oO(Unless Celeste succeeded in doing so, then it'd just be very odd.)

well, there is that yes.

But, either Roden opens peace talks, or he's removed from office.

probably removed from office, in order to continue FW.

It'd be more fun to find all his clones and fiddle with the thermostats on the cryovats.  :)

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver

+1 for OP. Also, you need to stop being so consistently awesome all the time, Silas. I can't love you any more than I already do.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Thx Silas.  ;)

Wow, the amount of self-pity in this thread is overwhelming....

To the folks who man up and carry on: Keep up the good fight. It will count for something in the end.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

[mod]This discussion has run its course[/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]