Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking for a Roleplaying Alliance  (Read 2836 times)

Father Void

• Clonejack
Looking for a Roleplaying Alliance
« on: 07 Nov 2011, 13:38 »

Greetings,

I'm finalizing the steps for a new RPG corporation launch and would like to join an alliance prior to launching recruitment. Does anyone have a list of solid RPG Alliances that are accepting new corps?

Father Void
Ministry of the Void

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Looking for a Roleplaying Alliance
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2011, 13:39 »

It might help to describe what your new corp is about. What goals you have, what you can do, etc.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2011, 13:44 »

Greetings,

I'm finalizing the steps for a new RPG corporation launch and would like to join an alliance prior to launching recruitment. Does anyone have a list of solid RPG Alliances that are accepting new corps?

Father Void
Ministry of the Void

To be honest, you will likely have a hard time finding large and vibrant RP alliances (or any alliances really) willing to take on a brand new corp, especially if you havent started recruitment yet.  I know EM is very, very cautious about which corps we allow in.  Most alliances worth their salt will require an established track record for a corporation, with active pilots, before considering them for membership.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Father Void

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2011, 13:55 »

Crazy talk ;)

One of the primary tenants of the Ministry of the Void is to create a unique, entertaining yet challenging corporation to thrive in. We believe in rewarding members for their participation but not forcing anyone into a role they do not desire. By creating a rigid rank system and allowing advancement through in-game assignments, accomplishments and effort we strive to give members a fulfilling place to operate within EVE. We’re not about high member counts, we’re about giving everyone the chance to enjoy EVE in different ways. MINISTRY of the VOID is a corporation with environment.

We support a role-playing themed somewhere between 1984 and the Church. We are a religiously themed corp that mimics the structure and tenacity of a church on a crusade. The Ministry of the Void is seeking the one true god that lives within the Void. Current prophets believe that wormholes may hold the key to unlocking the gate to the holy realm. However the Sleepers re being heavily investigated as well. (OOC - it should be noted that we use this theme for fun and do not want real world religion/politics interfering)

Job Openings. We always post a list of open jobs/ranks/roles and the base conditions of requirement as well as the rewards that come along with the responsibility.

We welcome both new players and veteran players looking for a breathe of fresh air. Trial accounts are welcome but can not progress beyond Pledge without a subscription.

We operate two primary bases of operations. One in Amarr space and another in Minmatar Space.

New recruits will be assigned a mentor that will track the members progress, offer advice and if desired assign corp missions. For those interested the corporation offers contracts and assignments in order to earn rank progression within the corp. This is not a required process in order to be apart of the corp but it does offer its own rewards.

What do you get:

Monthly salary is paid dependent upon your rank within the corporation.

We’ll give you things to do besides mining ops and patrolling. We look to create ways for people to have fun in new and different ways.

We have fully supported ore buy back system and utilize mining buddy for large ops.
A well stocked Supply Depot to pull shop and gear from.
A ship and weapon request system.
Website with forums and guides. (www.chaosmandatory.com) * Site modification still underway
Responsive and competent leadership.

Recruitment FAQ:

We have no SP requirement and never will.
Informal interviews are held during the recruitment phase.
Limited API is required.
Interviews prior to promotions are mandatory.
Salaries are based off of rank and are not revealed to non-corporation members.
We do not support griefing but do support using guile and wits to gain advantage.
The corporation operates on EVE time, with future representatives for all time zones.
Joining: Contact Primus Void or Father Void or join the channel THE_VOID

Father Void

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2011, 13:57 »

[\quote]

To be honest, you will likely have a hard time finding large and vibrant RP alliances (or any alliances really) willing to take on a brand new corp, especially if you havent started recruitment yet.  I know EM is very, very cautious about which corps we allow in.  Most alliances worth their salt will require an established track record for a corporation, with active pilots, before considering them for membership.

Makes sense of course but I figure I'll look non the less and at least gather a list of Alliances that i can work towards.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2011, 14:32 by Father Void »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2011, 16:28 »

[\quote]

Makes sense of course but I figure I'll look non the less and at least gather a list of Alliances that i can work towards.

By all means, didnt mean to imply you shouldnt look.  Merely dont be discouraged if its hard going at first.

And good luck of course :)   EVE can always use more RP corps.

« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2011, 16:30 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 07 Nov 2011, 16:38 »

Would offer you to join I-RED, but it sounds like a Amarr based RP alliance would be more fitting.

Good luck.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2011, 17:13 »

This would depend on a few things, both IC and OOC, but I'm trying to put together a new alliance for smaller corps. 

OOC, I can't fund the entire thing, so if you want to join, you would have to put some isk up for the creation fee, and wait until we have enough.

IC, Sai is anti-slavery, so she would need to know what your view on that is before inviting you. 

Right now, I'll agree with John, someone like CVA might be a better bet.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 07 Nov 2011, 18:01 »

There are some very different approaches to roleplay in EVE, so to help match you up it'd be good to know what roleplay means to you. If you were describing the "places" your people would roleplay and the sorts of things they'd roleplay, what would you say?

That said, there's not a huge amount of choice at the alliance level. I do immersionist roleplay, and as far as I'm aware there's only one alliance for that. That rather shapes my choices about corps and characters. If that's not a factor for you--and I'm guessing from your description that it's not--you have wider choice but you do have to ask what makes an alliance enough of a roleplay alliance for you.

Father Void

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 08 Nov 2011, 13:52 »

There are probably set terms abound for the different styles of role-play but I'm not up-to-date on them. Essentially the corp is designed and run in full RP mode with OCC handled in separated forums and channels in game. Those the OCC in main channels are at first educated and then reminded and finally disciplined. The corp creates an environment for RP first and foremost. The alliance existing or to be built would have to have that as a main tenet I think and then each corp would self monitor and direct. I want to add a layer above and beyond the base mechanics EVE offers. By supports ranks, mentors and a back story I hope go give people a reason to log in besides a combat roam or a mining op.

My corporation does not align it's self with one particular race and has a base set of rules (located here for those interested http://www.chaosmandatory.com/canon/). These are still being fine tuned but we don't support scamming, griefing, slavery or racism. (both in or out of game ;)

I don't mind supporting the funding of a new Alliance but I of course would want to hear more.

I haven't started my recruitment yet because I want to have everything set for a big recruiting push. I hope my website at least demonstrates some level of commitment.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #10 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:17 »

Does it make me a bad person because I want cross paths with one of your fleets in w-space and say something in local like "Oh thank Me that you finally found me!  I've been waiting forever.  Literally!"
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 14:23 by Hamish Grayson »

Father Void

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:28 »

Not at all my son. Forgiveness is the act of reminding oneself that you too are flawed. To forgive is to maintain the healing balance in one's own soul as well. Our Exploration Ministry Ships will always open a docking bay to the sinless and sinners alike. Just power down your weapons if you don't mind.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #12 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:40 »

The one true god offlines his guns for no man.

Father Void

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:48 »

I used to play Sims and send countless hours torturing my sims. I'd build houses and set them on fire. I'd lock them in basements without food and watch them as they started to freak out and starve. Then I thought "Wow, God makes more sense to me now."

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 09 Nov 2011, 02:25 »

I used to play Sims and send countless hours torturing my sims. I'd build houses and set them on fire. I'd lock them in basements without food and watch them as they started to freak out and starve. Then I thought "Wow, God makes more sense to me now."

This post is fantastic.
Pages: [1] 2