Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1060 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
World of Tanks
« on: 28 Sep 2012, 11:52 »

Since I couldn't find a recent thread on this, I will start this one and not practice my necromancy.

Just wondering if anyone plays this.  Looks cute so far, though I find I have a tendancy to charge across the battlefield like I'm in an M1 rather than the tinfoil armored light tank I actually have.  And then I die.  Anyway, I'm Malkarris in that game, so I'll say hi.  If you can, still getting used to the controls. 

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2012, 15:01 »

I haven't played World of Tanks, but speaking of the M1 I always enjoyed the "Thunder Run" mission from Battlefield 3's campaign. Charging and firing at the same time is always so awesome. Forget going hull-down and finding cover!

Edit: Oh, and the music. Can't forget the epic music!

Vikarion

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2012, 20:18 »

Since I couldn't find a recent thread on this, I will start this one and not practice my necromancy.

Just wondering if anyone plays this.  Looks cute so far, though I find I have a tendancy to charge across the battlefield like I'm in an M1 rather than the tinfoil armored light tank I actually have.  And then I die.  Anyway, I'm Malkarris in that game, so I'll say hi.  If you can, still getting used to the controls.

Yeah, for the most part, as the game goes on, it turns into "finding cover online". That's not to say it isn't fun - I still play, and have 3 tier X tanks. But charging is bad. :-P

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2012, 01:37 »

Heh... i'm installing the game again because this new update with new physics

PS. Im in World of Warplanes CB too and its so far really nice  :)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2012, 17:36 »

Heh. I poke it from time to time, but it exists for me in a kind of self-fulfilling limbo in which I do not play it enough to get into a cohesive group of players who act with a single strategy, but the single greatest turn-off to playing it more is the lack of strategy in pick-up groups.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2012, 09:01 »

I've played this quite a bit from Closed Beta to current, the 8.0 patch has made some good differences. Overall the game hasn't changed much. When I need something I can jump into for some instant gratification this is better than even BF3. Grab a tank, jump into a fight and try to win. Pubbie matches are really the only thing I have done, they just require a different strategy. I find that most of the time, if you think in terms of acting out of the norm, ie not going for a kill every time, and using the greed for kills of the pubbies, you can get good showings out of most matches, though I have been in more than my fair share of 15-0 matches on the losing side.

Word of WarPlanes is fun, but currently the German BF line is amazingly good compared to the Russians and especially the Americans, and that's accurate, so at least it is realistic, the only problem I have with it is the mouse maneuvering makes it very difficult to evade getting shot down if someone gets behind you, only the BF serieis seem to have enough turning radius to get inside of the 6 and get out of trouble.