Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lai Dai Infinity Systems is a capsuleer partner of the Lai Dai Corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: Re: Wardec System & cheers to SF!  (Read 681 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Wardec System & cheers to SF!
« on: 03 Jul 2012, 19:09 »

Ummmmm.

Are we referring to something other than what happened when Jade continued to go off on a conspiracy-laden rant about CCP and the Goons and finally got decced by GSF?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Re: Wardec System & cheers to SF!
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2012, 19:28 »

I cheered Jade's initial idea, as I do most people who find and use a loophole in a system. Couldn't have chosen anyone better to screw with it, too. Fuck Goons.

Then, the obvious loophole was closed. No surprise there.

Then he started Jading everywhere, and the hose still hasn't been shut off.

As more and more people began to crap on him for it, he developed a persecution/denial complex over the whole deal, which brought back a lot of memories...

« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2012, 19:32 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Re: Wardec System & cheers to SF!
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2012, 20:55 »

Ummmmm.

Are we referring to something other than what happened when Jade continued to go off on a conspiracy-laden rant about CCP and the Goons and finally got decced by GSF?
Actually, the response to GSF's wardec.

Then, the obvious loophole was closed. No surprise there.

Except the "obvious loophole" seems pretty close to intent to me.   A larger aggressor wardecs a small target and the small target finds other smaller entities band together with it temporarily to fight the bigger aggressor.

Even if you drop the Goons-CSM-CCP cabal argument, it seems that the test of the WarDec system broke it, especially applied at the obvious extremes.  It however leaves the lower level conflicts without a useful mechanic.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Wardec System & cheers to SF!
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:36 »

[admin]I think it's pretty clear where the rules were broken here. "Conspiracy-laden rant", "persecution/denial complex" etc are not appropriate ways to discuss posts by another member of this forum, or indeed any other player - even if the post under discussion is on another forum. Orange, your post was just moved because it was quoting moderated material.[/admin]