Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Author Topic: Help - Tall, Civire male looking for corporate advice.  (Read 1000 times)

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
    • Bitter Vet's Social Club

Am am rather at whit's end regarding my current corporation and what I want to do in Eve.

In the past I have either been a director or creator of every corp I have been in.

Stormcrows was created to give a house to a large group of friends who would not have fit into the corp I was in at the time. The idea was just for a relaxed place where people can have fun, work together and do what they found interesting as long as they ran it. It was also created as a sort of retirement home, since many of the members are utterly horrible bitter vets, who come and go from Eve. The current members also have some of my best friends, and the alts of a few rather fantastic folk in RP circles.

Recently, however I became more active, and with some of the corp members decided that we needed to choose a new direction. Something to work towards.

The goal was something that was always close to my heart, as some who know me from Duty (The real Duty, not these modern imposters  :yar: - Had to Des) will remember, and that is high-low sec mercenary work. With more emphasis on doing fighting for those in need and less on getting payed.

Affiliating with Mordu's was an easy choice, and I have always felt close to them and their RP.

So, we started some wars, joined FW to try and shake off some rust and opened the doors to recruitment, focussing on newer players to try and bolster numbers, and so build a worthy force.

It has, however been going slow. Some bitter vets wanted 0.0 action and left, and it seems there is just too much competition recruitment wise, unless you can spend lots and lots of time picking up everyone looking for corp.

So now the questions.

1. Do I keep at it, perhaps advertise a bit more widely, stick with the few active people and the rather strong industrial side we have built?

2. Do I start something new and maybe leaner. Build a core of experiences pilots and fill it out with like-minded new blood. Be affiliated to Mordu's (loosely), help those who deserve it and kill those who are in need of it? (I have a rather special idea around this, but would need between five and ten pilots to start off with, and they need a bit of personality)

3. Do I look for a corp who can possible give me these things, and who are also still interested in RP as well. Mix of both worlds without the hard work? (And yes, I have one or two very kind offers that will fill this, but that would not quite give me the freedom that I need to do what I want)

Oh, think this is my first post on Backstage, been a member for years, just lazy with posting. So hello, I am the Jude.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2013, 08:01 by Kopenhagen »

A man who does not test his shaving cream for poison each morning has lost the will to live.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Help - Tall, Civire male looking for corporate advice.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2013, 08:11 »

Welcome!

In my opinion, hun, no 1 or no 3. It is way easier to keep momentum, even the little you (or someone else) has, than it is to establish it. Though, to be honest, no 2 sounds awesome, and sounds like a niche eve is lacking; seem to be  alot of people who, as individuals, are like that, but theyre all in different corps, some of which, in my opinion, theyre bad fits in.

I will watch with eagerness!

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2013, 17:49 »

Though, to be honest, no 2 sounds awesome, and sounds like a niche eve is lacking; seem to be  alot of people who, as individuals, are like that, but theyre all in different corps, some of which, in my opinion, theyre bad fits in.

#2 is pretty much precisely what I am attemping to do with the Harriers. OP should perchance check us out.  ;)

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2013, 09:14 »

1 and 3 are largely the same, depending whether you value reputation (established, old corp, at least on paper for people looking for corps) or a startup with a new name. I think you could repurpose Stormcrows into what you plan. You know my opinions regarding joining the dark side, though. Selfish reasons aside it's not easy to get a hard core of 5 to 10 active, motivated and not useless players interested in your part of the sa.d ox. :)

Desiderya

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2013, 09:15 »

1 and 3 are largely the same, depending whether you value reputation (established, old corp, at least on paper for people looking for corps) or a startup with a new name. I think you could repurpose Stormcrows into what you plan. You know my opinions regarding joining the dark side, though. Selfish reasons aside it's not easy to get a hard core of 5 to 10 active, motivated and not useless players interested in your part of the sandbox.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2013, 09:46 »

Add 1 and 3 together and start a Mordus themed alliance with Hong.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...