Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Author Topic: 10th Annual Chemal Tech CapsuleCon  (Read 1341 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
10th Annual Chemal Tech CapsuleCon
« on: 12 Mar 2013, 07:42 »

So I was RPing last night with Schere, and she suggested our characters go do something fun and get away for a bit. Saede suggested going to a convention and this idea kind of snowballed from there into this blog post. I'm not sure where things will go from here, but I think it'd be pretty cool to roll this into a little event.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: 10th Annual Chemal Tech CapsuleCon
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2013, 08:10 »

I can't really tell because you don't mention a month here or in the linked blog post, but if you're referring to Fanfest (which is technically during the week of the 23rd of April, hence my confusion), it already has an in-character name, the Impetus Holoreel Convention (the actual name is referenced on the Quafe shirts ingame, and in the Iteron IV Quafe Ultra Edition page). Sakaane did a bunch of IC writing about the last one iirc, and I'd be surprised if she hasn't got anything planned for this year's. :D

If you're not and mean March 23rd, don't mind me - sounds like it could be fun, and it might be interesting if someone could convince Morwen to go, but if stuff goes late into the night I'd have to disappear for a bit - I got scheduled for another E-Uni guest lecture at like 0100 EVE. x.x
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2013, 09:35 »

Impetus Holoreel Convention (the actual name is referenced on the Quafe shirts ingame

Also on the actual printed shirts :3

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2013, 09:38 »

Quote from: Morwrawr
If you're not and mean March 23rd, don't mind me - sounds like it could be fun, and it might be interesting if someone could convince Morwen to go, but if stuff goes late into the night I'd have to disappear for a bit - I got scheduled for another E-Uni guest lecture at like 0100 EVE. x.x

This is in fact the case, sorry if it was unclear. I meant March 23. I'll probably just use an alt to open up a 3-5 channel venue to represent the convention centre, and just open it up that Thursday and let it run nonstop with whoever is around straight through till Monday, and people can drop in and out as they see fit. I'll let everyone know the details once I get the channels sorted out. Hopefully should have that done in a day or so.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2013, 12:55 »

It could be fun to have events like this. If you're planning March 23rd, you may want to make announcements soon.

Anslol

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:05 »

Will security prevent certain people from showing up?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:09 »

Will security prevent certain people from showing up?

Hard to say. People that might be considered dangerous probably. Saede isn't running the con and has nothing to do with the security though, so they'll only get called if people make a scene.

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:10 »

OH ok I get it. Thanks!  :)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2013, 18:34 »

I might show up at this. Keep us posted.
-OOChé