Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3rd Seyllin Conference "SeyCon114"  (Read 3911 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
3rd Seyllin Conference "SeyCon114"
« on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:47 »

Hello Backstage.

So, after a little fumbling around in SYNE, we decided that now is as good a time as any to hold the third Seyllin Conference.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=70420&find=unread

WHAT IS IT?

The Seyllin Conference is essentially a point for interested parties to meet and discuss scientific advancements, problems and mysteries in New Eden. On top of that it has also served to be a place to discuss the war with Nation and how to fight the Nation effectively, or reveal any threat we may not have previously seen.

Topics for the 3rd Seyllin Conference this time are likely to have a greater focus on the type of work that Arek'jaalan does, and the odd events such as the Awakened Infomorph and Sleeper activity in K-Space.

We're not neccessarily looking for completed projects or theories, the conference is aout discovery after all. If you've observed something you have no idea about, here is the place to present what you know so far and seek answers.

Each topic will be presented by one or more speakers, the Chairman (myself) will allow questions at appropriate times and at the end of each presentation, the ideas are up for full discussion.

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

SYNE has been doing this since Apocrypha, what gets discussed at Seyllin shapes peoples IC understanding of crazy phenomena in EVE.

But, if science and mystery isnt your thing and you just prefer shooting, we'll still be doing things on shooting down the spikey ships.

Although we've encountered a few developer abandonment issues, we're still looking and we're still open to whatever you've found too :)

WHAT CAN I DO?

Well, we're still in the preliminary stages of planning right now. We have a venue, moderator roles assigned and a rough idea of what we'd like to see. So all this really leaves us is finding energetic speakers and topics to present, and just plain attracting a crowd

If this has grabbed your fancy at all and you might attend the conference, stay tuned here and on the IGS!

If you would like to present a topic at the conference, drop a mail to either N'maro Makari, Ollie Rundle or Ninavask.

In the next few weeks we may directly seek people out and invite them to present. Dont be offended, if we sought you out its because we think you boss your topic  :D

Remember we're not looking for flawless presentations with no questions left un-answered, half the fun is theorising about the answer! People with unfinished Arek'Jaalan projects are more than welcome to present what they have so far here.
But be warned, those who have actively assisted the Nation may find themselves being turned away at the door. But it never hurts to ask  ;)

TL;DR

We're doing a thing. It has science and Sansha, come along!

:psyccp:

Sincerely (not that sincerely)

N'maro

USEFUL LINKS:
http://thesynenoseaccord.wordpress.com/seyllin-conference/first-seyllin-conference-18-07-111yc/transcript-part-1/
http://thesynenoseaccord.wordpress.com/seyllin-conference/second-seyllin-conference-14-15-08-112yc/transcript-day-1-part-1/
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2012, 04:34 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: 3rd Seyllin Conference "SeyCon114"
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2012, 18:02 »

Just to confirm, there will indeed be an after-party  ;)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2012, 18:05 »

Will it be in the hotel lobby? :O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:15 »

I sadly have to decline your invitation, Nmaro.

But with a pregnant wife, transfer of apartment along with a dwindling interest in EVE I simply cannot commit myself to any tasks. Besides, I am horrible poor at "live" roleplaying. :)
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2012, 16:47 »

Will it be in the hotel lobby? :O

Quite possibly  :P

I sadly have to decline your invitation, Nmaro.

But with a pregnant wife, transfer of apartment along with a dwindling interest in EVE I simply cannot commit myself to any tasks. Besides, I am horrible poor at "live" roleplaying. :)

Awww, thats a shame  :cry: Well, if you have any ideas for who would be suitable for presenting any topic, do pop me a mail :)

Good luck with all the RL stuff  :D

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2012, 09:20 »

I could be convinced to show up IC wise for this, provided that pesky thing called RL doesn't get in the way.  :P  Probably just to see other people speak, and less talking to the crowd about a topic, though. Sadly, I don't think my character could contribute any other way then to show up as a spectator.  :ugh:

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2012, 04:38 »

Small edit to "What Is It" and "What Can You Do"

Just explaining that we're not strictly looking for things where all the answers have been discovered.

Half the fun is asking questions about the unknown :D

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2012, 04:39 »

I could be convinced to show up IC wise for this, provided that pesky thing called RL doesn't get in the way.  :P  Probably just to see other people speak, and less talking to the crowd about a topic, though. Sadly, I don't think my character could contribute any other way then to show up as a spectator.  :ugh:

Hey, feel free :) We certainly need an audience!

Plus, the after party :P

khojassteh

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2012, 08:03 »

You had me at:

As a current undergraduate and a  firm believer in education for all (what that education should be, especially IC, is always a fun debate), I look forward to attending this conference, even if only as a member of the audience.  I am only sad that I was unable to attend the previous conferences, but will be sure to read the transcripts sometime in the near future.  Now where is that subscribe button...... :D

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2012, 19:06 »

UPDATE

We're thinking about mid-May or early June.

We've put it back this far because we want to see if DUST 514 provides anything worth presenting.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2012, 03:38 »

The launch of DUST may eclipse the conference, FWIW. Have you considered doing it before hand so DUST's launch doesn't drag attention away?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2012, 05:54 »

The launch of DUST may eclipse the conference, FWIW. Have you considered doing it before hand so DUST's launch doesn't drag attention away?

Good point, thanks for bringing it up. No, we hadnt quite considered that, so I'd put my money on Mid-May as a date, that way we dont clash with the full release, just the Beta. Unless CCP stuns all of us and does something early.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 06 Apr 2012, 17:26 »

Kitzless will be there, and maybe we will have something to talk about. *pokes N'maro with a stick*

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2012, 17:27 »

Dates announced!

Conference will be over two days, 26th and 27th of May, both start at 22:00 EVE Time

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2012, 03:27 »

Oh, thats late to bad  :(
Pages: [1] 2