Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer  (Read 9861 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2011, 00:31 »

Cake? Did someone mention cake?
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #31 on: 14 May 2011, 09:55 »

Yes but they didn't mention panties.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 16 May 2011, 07:22 »

Yes but they didn't mention panties.

This can be corrected.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #33 on: 16 May 2011, 07:46 »

For the record, before we get to a new campaign:

http://www.ushrakhan.com/edk/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=18
http://www.ushrakhan.com/edk/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=14
and the only big-ish fight: http://www.ushrakhan.com/edk/?a=kill_related&kll_id=141677

Look forward to your visit, hope you turn up when we have numbers online to give you a fight :)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2011, 11:25 »

Small rebuttal :)

Those stats are indeed laughable, but in my defense I'd say 90% of those losses are ganks against solo ratters or people traveling foolishly by themselves without support. Not 'fights' so much as deserved executions for stupidity :)

Now I don't blame you for those, as I'd sure be shooting any idiots traveling around in solo ships without support as well. On the positive side no better way for our carebear-ish types to get a f-ing clue than to lose some expensive hardware due to stupidity.

The only real 'fight' was indeed an ass-whupping; a few different alliance small gangs trying to coordinate over different comms and poor fleet-merging lead to an absolute thrashing, so good work there. A great example that the coordinated group always wins, no matter what is on field.

As far as sending people your way, it is difficult. A large chunk of our pvpers can't take the high-sec route due to sec status and the null-route is lengthy.
We'll figure something out :)

BTW we were hoping that black ops gang yesterday would take some shots at my fleet, but no way to force a fight on cloakies if they don't want one :(

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2011, 11:40 »

It's a testament to what can be done by a patient and determined pack of Hunters, at least. I'm impressed by Ushra'Khan here, and also sympathetic to VI since it's almost impossible to mount a properly effective defense against that kind of attack force.

Want to see how this evolves in the future.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2011, 13:37 »

Basically yes. Not impossible but generally uninteresting (Chasing down cloakies or hanging out waiting for them). The attacks have only been effecting those who aren't paying attention, so there hasn't been much actual disruption of activities. We in leadership haven't been too heavy handed with standing fleets and you can see the obvious results. 

Discipline is a narrow edge in Eve. You walk too-hard a line and people are uninterested in spending their time being bossed-around.  You get too lax and lots of people get blown up. Striking the balance is part of our task as management :)

As experience levels rise and quality of your membership improves, you can start cutting dead weight and tightening up nearly all of your policies. When you are new on the scene (a 'young' alliance like VI) and numbers count, you have to be far more lax on a host of issues.  It's an interesting issue, actually.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 16 May 2011, 14:03 »

Basically yes. Not impossible but generally uninteresting (Chasing down cloakies or hanging out waiting for them). The attacks have only been effecting those who aren't paying attention, so there hasn't been much actual disruption of activities. We in leadership haven't been too heavy handed with standing fleets and you can see the obvious results. 

Discipline is a narrow edge in Eve. You walk too-hard a line and people are uninterested in spending their time being bossed-around.  You get too lax and lots of people get blown up. Striking the balance is part of our task as management :)

As experience levels rise and quality of your membership improves, you can start cutting dead weight and tightening up nearly all of your policies. When you are new on the scene (a 'young' alliance like VI) and numbers count, you have to be far more lax on a host of issues.  It's an interesting issue, actually.

How relaxed are most of your haulers? The frequency with which one of my corpies is popping t1 haulers leads me to believe that you guys feel very safe down there.  Not that this is a bad thing, usually symptomatic of good dimplomacy and friendly neighbors.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2011, 14:10 »

I can't give away too many operational specifics, but I'll just say that anyone running around long distance on the pipe with haulers hasn't been paying attention, with the rather ridiculous amount and variety of direct point-to-point travel methods at our disposal.

Nothing important to alliance as a group is being transported via hauler, I'll just say that.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #39 on: 17 May 2011, 10:11 »

[mod]Inappropriate posts removed, as well as responses referencing those posts (purely for sanity's sake on the latter).[/mod]

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 17 May 2011, 10:15 »

No worries, I will try and be more constructive here, or possibly start another thread on that specific issue.

I think there are a lot of good ways for you all to interact with our holdings in Querious. Why not bridge in a cloaky-hauler, run a 'reverse' slave raid on one of our planets? If you screencapped the hauler above our planet, maybe showed us the cargo-hold full of refugees on the way out, that would seem pretty reasonable to me? I think there are a lot of fun opportunities for both groups to get good PR.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #41 on: 17 May 2011, 10:42 »

No worries, I will try and be more constructive here, or possibly start another thread on that specific issue.

I think there are a lot of good ways for you all to interact with our holdings in Querious. Why not bridge in a cloaky-hauler, run a 'reverse' slave raid on one of our planets? If you screencapped the hauler above our planet, maybe showed us the cargo-hold full of refugees on the way out, that would seem pretty reasonable to me? I think there are a lot of fun opportunities for both groups to get good PR.

Now that we know IC and OOC that this would be feasible and not just seen as godmodding we may well do so during the next campaign. I wish you'd let us know sooner though, at least OOC...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 17 May 2011, 10:51 »

Now that we know IC and OOC that this would be feasible and not just seen as godmodding we may well do so during the next campaign. I wish you'd let us know sooner though, at least OOC...

I just thought of it :P  Actually that does sound pretty damn cool to me.  It fits well with your fighting style, and actually sounds pretty damned neat to me. 

I think it also makes sense as we are still moving into the area, plenty of systems still have low sov-levels, and there's bound to be a lot of holes in defense nets as things are still being consolidated planetside.  Hitting some off-the-beaten path planetary internment camps sounds pretty damned awesome to me.

I was about to run a story about how difficult it's been dealing with the planetside blood raider populations, to boot :P

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 17 May 2011, 11:00 »

I was about to run a story about how difficult it's been dealing with the planetside blood raider populations, to boot :P

We should have a chat about this sometime. Vicky may not be a fan of the Blood Raiders IC, but she’s a huge fan of creating unrest and being a thorn in the side, and I’m finally getting to the point where I can undock and play in Querious, just in time for the wardeck to end.

Mmm… evil thoughts. And coinciding timezones? something VI and U’K don’t really have most of the time.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 17 May 2011, 11:51 »

By the way, I think we should contact ISD for this one, would be awesome press for you guys running a daring emancipation raid, and for us being evil and stomping our local subjects.

Pages: 1 2 [3]