Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: IF you were CCP head of 'the story' for a day what would you change with the PF  (Read 9431 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

• Get rid of Jamyl Sarum and Tibus Heth, definitively, permanently, in coherent and believable ways as fast as is reasonable.
  • At least twice-weekly news articles for every Empire.
  • New news section for pirates and outer-systems organisations such as the Syndicate and SoCT. Twice-weekly news articles for them too.
  • More Federation-favourable chronicles.
  • More chronicles and fluff that explore the culture and economic systems of the Caldari State.
  • More chronicles and fluff that explore how little people's lives are affected by capsuleers doing capsuleer things.
  • Less wibbly-wobbly true-art-is-incomprehensible mind-screw chronicles.
  • No chronicles at all that have no discernable relevance to events or concepts outside the chronicle itself.
  • Faction and corporation specific missions (tracking down drug shipments for Federation Customs, assassinating heretics for the Ministry of Internal Order, killing Quafe spies for SuVee etc.)
  • Each and every Empire system and important 0.0 systems have their own descriptions.
  • Some method for asking CCP whether something is congruent with canon.
  • Frequent (not neccessarily regular) live events. More capsuleer interaction with important story figures.
  • Finish or at least provide proper closure for hanging story arcs.
  • Alongside actual mechanical benefits and penalties for FW success or failure, have more story consequences for capturing or losing systems.
  • More incidental fluff - things like these are a good start.
  • GIVE AGENTS SOME PERSONALITY, FUCKING GODDAMN

Vieve

• GIVE AGENTS SOME PERSONALITY, FUCKING GODDAMN

A-freaking-hell-yeah-men.

I'd also love to see an option to "report one's agent" to a corporation for being unethical (like as in Rancorous Researcher) or deranged (e.g. Lost That Bet).

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

Oh, also:

• Get rid of the Enhedduani and the Jovians.

Fuck them.

• Get rid of CONCORD entirely and turn fast-response over to faction Navies.

Fuck them too.

Kaleigh Doyle

This discussion seems to have changed to "how you would change the game" from how you'd change the story.

Also, another aside, I wish I could be as venomous and vitriolic about how CCP has ruined the story, but personally it's never had a large enough impact on my characters for me to rant.  :ugh:

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

This discussion seems to have changed to "how you would change the game" from how you'd change the story.

Also, another aside, I wish I could be as venomous and vitriolic about how CCP has ruined the story, but personally it's never had a large enough impact on my characters for me to rant.  :ugh:

Same here Kaleigh - however if they make King Khanid II an actual Khanid... raeg will follow, and much screaming and smashing of valubles will be had.

If I was going to be head of CCP's Fiction for a day it would be to hire twenty new people, create a dedicated live events team and bring a very large whip to the table and order them to get these 'story-corrections' done.

I would also then give the Endhuaianeaine-things a massive and explosive death against the Jove that basically added another wormhole-EVE gate style INTO a stable section of new W-Space, making the cluster a bit bigger and nuking the more annoying things in one fell swoop.

Oh, and have a MASSIVE Chron on the Mashtori >_> and make them the ACTUAL people who killed the brother of Khanid II in the rebellion... and then all sorts of nefarious things. Bwahah.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition

Why haven't Blood Raiders got an R&D division?  :psyccp:

Amann Karris

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Is that not the ugliest proto-Omen you've ever seen?  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Is that not the ugliest proto-Omen you've ever seen?  :|

I rather like it. Curious why they didn't use the Ashimmu though.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vieve

Why haven't Blood Raiders got an R&D division?  :psyccp:

They do.  It's called Catering.

Nobody wants to work in Catering.   Especially when the boss is running short of ingredients.

(But seriously, they should have an R&D Division.  So should Poteque and Eifyr.)

Amann Karris

They do.  It's called Catering.

Nobody wants to work in Catering.   Especially when the boss is running short of ingredients.

(But seriously, they should have an R&D Division.  So should Poteque and Eifyr.)
Now, think about this very, very carefully; Poteque and Eifyr are both fairly advanced.  I'm sure the do have R&D divisions; however, I think what you mean is player accessible R&D divisions, which would be a bit beyond the scope of simply being in charge of storyline changes.  ;)

Also, tiny raspy voiced leader who's always cheerful?  Creepy as hell.  Bloody Omir, man... I swear.

Vieve

Now, think about this very, very carefully; Poteque and Eifyr are both fairly advanced.  I'm sure the do have R&D divisions; however, I think what you mean is player accessible R&D divisions, which would be a bit beyond the scope of simply being in charge of storyline changes.  ;)

You managed to read my earlier blather about wanting to change the storyline starting at the player mission level without coming away with that impression?

Crap, I have begun to channel the governmentese I've been reading lately. ;)

Amann Karris

You managed to read my earlier blather about wanting to change the storyline starting at the player mission level without coming away with that impression?
I... may have... skimmed a bit.

Vieve

I... may have... skimmed a bit.

\o/!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]