Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: On veterans and bitterness  (Read 7723 times)

Alain Kinsella

• The Planet Miner
  • Clonejack
    • The Kind Healer
Re: On veterans and bitterness
« Reply #60 on: 22 Jul 2012, 18:35 »

Option 1 as of this morning, motivated by work (though I'm enjoying what I'm doing there recently).  I actually want to play Eve, but 'stuff is happening' at work that makes it worthwhile not to be involved in anything that controversial.   :P

My plans beyond Eve were mentioned in their forum a few times, and will stick to it; I'm dropping from online gaming as a whole.  I still have the option to pursue SL or one of SL's open-source worlds, but I don't have the same drive that I used to.  It's far more likely that I'll go back to my website to comment on things again (perhaps some Eve fiction now and then too), and continue a private project related to monitoring in Nagios/Icinga/etc environments.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jul 2012, 02:27 »

I have also taken option 1.

On my second month of leave, though practically I stopped playing EVE four-five months ago. I am surprised how easy the break has been and while not completely vanished yet, my interest in EVE has been steadily diminishing during the break.

Still hoping one day to read a dev blog about something I care about.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #62 on: 17 Aug 2012, 09:02 »

My interest goes in cycles, I've found. I'm quite recently back from a long period of near-inactivity. Some of the recent changes annoyed me at first, but I've quickly grown used to them. Other changes I highly approve of, such as the love the tech 1 frigs are currently getting. Plus, I've had some amazing RP since returning.

On some level I'm a bitter old vet (yeah, I'm not thrilled about the Tony G metaplot either), but although I miss some of the old stuff, I really enjoy the new EVE, too.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]