EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > CCP Public Library

Minmatar shamanism

(1/3) > >>

Casiella:
Other than what we know of the voluval ritual (performed by Vherokior shamans, etc.), what else do we know about the Minmatar belief structure(s)? I've had difficulty finding anything solid, so I'd appreciate any pointers.

Havohej:
Strong elements of ancestor reverence/worship, especially evident in Methods of Torture: Minmatar chron iirc.

If I weren't exhausted I'd probably be able to think of more.

lallara zhuul:
You can extrapolate pretty convincing stuff by mixing tribalism, shamanism, voudoun and Gallente holovids.

Basically whatever negative aspects you might find about any of those mentioned above just gloss them over by going with the fact that the Minnies are not human, they are Noble Savages.

Louella Dougans:
there's a small mission chain (single use) involving the minmatar graduation certificates, where things about the voluval are mentioned. There's a shaman in it too.

Casiella:

--- Quote from: lallara zhuul on 04 Jun 2010, 01:07 ---You can extrapolate pretty convincing stuff by mixing tribalism, shamanism, voudoun and Gallente holovids.

Basically whatever negative aspects you might find about any of those mentioned above just gloss them over by going with the fact that the Minnies are not human, they are Noble Savages.

--- End quote ---

The first part is good. The second part, we'll just have to disagree. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version