Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Author Topic: L2 mission "The voting Trail"  (Read 5394 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
L2 mission "The voting Trail"
« on: 29 Oct 2011, 10:08 »

this mission chain, 3 parts, contains information about gallentean politics.

\o/

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: L2 mission "The voting Trail"
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2011, 10:27 »

Welp, now I'm embarrassed by BOTH our nations.

Awesome.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2011, 11:55 »

I am taking this... :)
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2011, 12:33 »

Ya'll need to get civilized and start enslaving/rebelling against one another. 

I mean, cmon guys, some dignity and stuff...
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2011, 18:41 »

Bwahahaha, awesome.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2011, 18:55 »

yeah it's a pretty old mission, fun though.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:10 »

Posting the text itself.... for easier future reference

The Voting Trail (1 of 3)

Mission Text

Ehh, politics, I believe. Oh, I never get tired of them. Dear, sweet politics. Oh, wait. No. I hate politics.

But without politics, our great democratic and free society would collapse. It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. And, well, the Federation has numerous laws to prevent politicians from being abusive with their politicking. Now, some dirtside political office is up for grabs after the incumbent died of a heart attack after a night at a pleasure hub. "Vice Commissioner of Waste Management for the Civic Council" or something unimportant like that.

Normally, we wouldn't even bother with something this trivial. Those silly dirtside hillhuggers and their governments aren't much to look at. But one of them had to go and break some laws, and now it's our job to clean it up. You see, someone has hijacked some broadcast waves and is sending out a constant message denouncing one of the candidates. And because it's a space-based satellite doing the broadcasting, we're the ones that have to deal with it.

Now, we don't know who it is that's making the broadcasts, and frankly, I don't care. As long as they're stopped, I'm happy with it. We've pinned down the offending satellite, so I want you to fly over there and blow it up. There might be some automated defenses, but it's just some mudsucker's place, so they can't be that great.

Bonus Text

Federation Politics

The Gallente Federation is a massive democracy. It is divided up into several regions, which are subdivided into districts, which are further divided into sub-districts… which make up several individual systems, each of which has one or more planetary governments, each of which further has additional subdivisions. Though every planet follows some basic rules, such as having regular elections with universal suffrage, the systems on each planet are as varied as the Gallente people.

For most observers, planetary politics in the Federation are incredibly tedious. Some, however, count the politics of the planets as the most fascinating and vital part of the democracy. There is a huge amount of bureaucracy involved, which makes it too dense for most to penetrate. But the amount of energy put forth by many individuals (who are unlikely to be remembered once their terms are finished) exemplifies the true spirit of the Federation.

Completing Mission text

What? Caldari forces protecting that satellite? Great. Just great. Now we'll have to launch a whole investigation into the matter. I might even get sent planetside. I do hate this job sometimes.

First time i've seen the State trying to "play with politics" inside Fed space, rather than attemp corporate lobby.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 13:17 by Bruno Bonner »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:18 »

The Voting Trail (2 of 3)

Mission Text

Well, it turns out that the Caldari Navy is behind those transmissions. The question is why… Why do the Caldari care who wins some meaningless election on some planetary hovel? That's what we have to find out now. The first step in taking care of this will be to question the candidate they were broadcasting about.

Now, I've received word that the man is vacationing with his family a few systems away. We've already sent word over to have him recalled as a matter of official Federation business. By the time you get there, he should be ready for pick up.

What, I didn't mention that? Yes, you get the great pleasure of taxiing that earthbounder back to us. I know you'll accept, won't you?

Mission Item

Gallente Politician - A planetside politician of the Gallente Federation.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 13:27 by Bruno Bonner »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:30 »

The Voting Trail (3 of 3)

Mission Text

No, it's true. I know I always speak glowingly of them, but really, they get under my skin.

Anyway, my questioning finally got some answers out of that damn fool politician. It turns out that there is no vast conspiracy after all. Not really. It turns out the idiot is just a little too loud-mouthed for his own good. He used to be in the Navy… before he was discharged because he kept fainting every time he went onto the battlefield. But before he demonstrated that bit of heroism, he managed to piss off a Caldari Navy officer by throwing up on him during a diplomatic summit.

Apparently, the officer in question never lived it down and still gets heckled about the event to this day. And now he's out for revenge by trying to disrupt our man, the stupid politician. It's… it's so tedious and… stupid.

Anyway, I guess this officer figured that, since it was such a meaningless little election, the Federation wouldn't bother to interfere with his revenge. Heh. I guess he doesn't know that we'll take any opportunity there is to blow up a few Caldari Navy vessels. We've tracked his base down and want you to go over there and take him out.

The sooner this headache is over, the better.

Pop-up text on entry to deadspace

The puker sent you, didn't he? Didn't he?!

He ruined my life. I was dancing with the Major. Do you know how hard it was to get her to dance with you? I'd been practicing how to waltz for six months. And then that buffoon threw up on me! We didn't even get through the first movement....

Now everyone calls me "Puke Back." This was my last chance at getting revenge, and you ruined it!

Completing mission text

Good. Of course, now everyone thinks our politician's some great hero, important enough for the Caldari Navy to try and get rid of him. The fool will probably become President some day. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 13:40 by Bruno Bonner »

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2013, 22:19 »

Don't let Elmund do this mission. He will never stop bringing it up whenever the topic of Caldari vs Gallente is brought up.
Deep sea fish loves you forever