Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Author Topic: Lets compare EVE IGS to DUST IGS  (Read 935 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
Lets compare EVE IGS to DUST IGS
« on: 01 Feb 2015, 12:29 »

So given that both games have separated forums (which is somewhat dumb to me)
It was common sense that both would look alike almost given the two games are siblings

But does that also mean the Roleplay community?...ehhhhhh lets see!

Lets compare the content of the  EVE IGS the DUST IGS forums, shall we?

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=1409 DUST IGS
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=260 EVE IGS

I for one prefer the EVE IGS...Discuss :D

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Lets compare EVE IGS to DUST IGS
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2015, 13:05 »

This came up a while ago actually, in the discussion about whether the IGS was better-suited to being treated as a venue for 'traditional' narrative (ie, collaborative storywriting) or as a literal forum in the game universe.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2015, 13:21 »

Right.  My view is, given the future setting where our characters are technologically advanced and have their own interwebz (GalNet), it makes more sense that the IGS be a forum in the modern sense with collaborative storytelling taking place ingame, in chat channels, in realtime.

I used to do the MU* thing, had a lot of fun with it, even when one of the three or four people I was RPing with regularly had a disability that made for very long times between poses.  I haven't done the 'traditional' forum RP that a number of folks here talked about in the previous topic, but the way it's described reminds me of that - only slower.  IIRC, it was suggested that the IC forum have an area dedicated to that style of RP - which I think is a good idea, so long as there is also the "GalNet Forum" venue primarily.

I think the reason why the DUST IGS tends towards 'traditional' is because very few people have keyboards with their PS3 consoles and the DUST Chat Channels do not provide for /emotes (last I checked, anyway), so most of the DUST mercs who didn't come from EVE to begin with aren't familiar with the way RP has developed in EVE.  I expect that will change if/when Legion hits PC.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2015, 13:36 »

The official forums really lack any collaborative storytelling forum.  :(

Looking at you, Backstage IC venues.