Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

Author Topic: Character direction / development  (Read 629 times)

Drezdyn

• Clonejack
Character direction / development
« on: 08 Sep 2011, 06:41 »

I started this post in the 'where would we be without FW thread, but decided I'd strayed enough from the topic to not want to hijack it, so started this one instead. All feedback and suggestions welcome.

This is an interesting question to me, as someone who recently left FW. While there are aspects I like about it (free mutual wardec ensures pvp targets), the continuous war with no possibility of 'winning' started to have a 'hamster on wheel' feeling for me.

Trying to answer this question for myself personally is the reason I'm here actually. Might as well introduce myself: Drezdyn, combat pilot / r&d industrialist / retired militia general. I've recently left a great rp-lite fw corp (Murientor Tribe) due essentially to boredom with fw.  My IC motivation (still playing with this) is multi-fold: A disillusionment with the ability of the republic, the federation, and the emergency militia war powers act to bring about positive change. A belief that men should be judged on the merits of their actions, not the race of their birth. A vague unease surrounding sansha and the sleepers - and the belief these may be a greater threat to New Eden than any faction empire.

I've touched base with a number of excellent organizations so far, and have not yet decided where I'd like to go with this. The FW thread got me thinking, if there hadn't been FW I'd have likely stayed in nullsec and not been involved with rp in eve. Now that I have, I feel that finding a new corp consistent with the rp motivations above as well as my (admittedly underdeveloped) backstory are as important as finding good pew pew and corporate benefits. So, I guess I feel that for me FW has been a big net-gain, though in a tangential sort of way.

Malcolm Khross

Re: Character direction / development
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2011, 11:55 »

Huh, you could fit in well with the Honor Guard if you want to look us up.

Being judged by merit is a strongly Caldari philosophy (though, to be fair, the Minmatar have something of a merit society in the tribes NOT the Republic).
Opposition to Nation helps a lot.

I'd be interested in talking it out in character some time if you decided to look us up.

Drezdyn

• Clonejack
Re: Character direction / development
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2011, 19:28 »

Hey man thanks for the offer but I think you guys are probably a bit too far State loyalist for Drezdyn though. I have a whole chronicle in my head, but being pretty new to rp I'm not very good at expressing it yet.

I realized I put this in the wrong place, sorry about that. Maybe a mod can move it to character development or something.