Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Author Topic: Folks.  (Read 1771 times)

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
Folks.
« on: 01 Apr 2014, 22:57 »

Hi.

I play CC. He's pretty cool. I'm pretty cool too, sometimes. I forgot to register on here weeks ago, but I did, so now I'm saying hello, officially. Hi! Looking forward to stuff. All sorts, all kinds, all types and places. Generally RP.

On a slightly more serious note, I've been in EVE for around two and a half months at this point, roleplaying on and off within. Before that, though, I've had my hands arms-deep inside City of Heroes, The Secret World, WoW, a variety of text roleplays on various forums, and even Garry's Mod as a medium. EVE is pretty great, though, so I don't plan on going anywhere.

Sincerely hoping to get to know more of you on a better level, since you all seem pretty awesome.
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Dessau

Re: Folks.
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2014, 16:08 »

o/

Recognize your name from EVE-O or possibly elsewhere.

Hopefully, you will get into the thick of whatever things happen to tickle your RP fancy. Federation RP seems to be the least robust amongst the nations, but there are active Gallente RPers around the cluster.

Plenty of knowledgable vets here who make a great collective resource on lore, as long as you like :words:.

Enjoy!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2014, 16:20 »

Welcome :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2014, 10:33 »

o/

Recognize your name from EVE-O or possibly elsewhere.

Hopefully, you will get into the thick of whatever things happen to tickle your RP fancy. Federation RP seems to be the least robust amongst the nations, but there are active Gallente RPers around the cluster.

Plenty of knowledgable vets here who make a great collective resource on lore, as long as you like :words:.

Enjoy!

I do indeed love words. I use them, sometimes.

I find it really odd how Fed RP is the weakest, but it makes sense if all the Gallente are off and about in foreign nations and planets, talking 'bout freedom to everyone. Even moreso, considering the capsuleer lifestyle is possibly the most freedom one could ever have (if you're lucky enough to be genetically compatible, that is).

Anyway, I do so appreciate it. I'll be sure to ask around for lore-wise things, since there's a ton of internal and external politics I'm not even half-way close to understanding right now.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2014, 14:00 »

Fed RP used to have more stuff, but then so did everyone.

I think the biggest problem is that Fed RP is the hardest to define; while the other three nations have fairly clear objectives, social norms, and internal/external conflicts, the Fed suffers because its goals are most commonly defined as just "freedom, yo." This leaves people in an awkward position - it's harder to specify a single unifying dynamic when the Federation's apparent dynamic is to do anything.

Second thing is that while the other three empires often come off as inherently militaristic - Amarr crusaders, Caldari jackboots, Minmatar freedom fighters terrorists, etc. Gallente gets stereotyped as freedomland so much that a lot of people don't view them as militarily inclined. In a game that's so heavily biased towards combat and fighting, that can be an issue.

This is of course only the result of a cursory look at Federaiton PF and themes - there's plenty of room for internal and external conflicts and goals. But, like Amarr being stereotyped into "racist slavers" or Minmatar into "ducttape-wielding noble savages", most people these days tend to only skim the top.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2014, 14:18 »

There's a reason I often make the joke that in the sense that the lack of a cohesive "Gallente RP bloc" means that the Gallente RPers are "doing it right"... :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2014, 15:28 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2014, 15:30 »

Frankly there has always been an untamed potential with Fed Navy RP related stuff. Old alliances like Acheron and corps like Strix did it right by playing the hawkish side of the fed with a lot of military RP involved.

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2014, 00:05 »

Weird. Well, I'll see what I can do with what I'm given, I suppose.

Thank you all for welcoming me! Much appreciated. Now all there's left to do is lurk even more! Not really. Maybe.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #9 on: 07 Apr 2014, 10:16 »

Welcome backstage.

Ché doesn't like the Roden administration. Other than that, I think Morwen is right.
-OOChé

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #10 on: 07 Apr 2014, 14:59 »