Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Promoting the opposing side...  (Read 24225 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Promoting the opposing side...
« Reply #90 on: 08 Apr 2015, 11:57 »

The thing I was doing, was using a channel that I already had, and making links from it, to a new set of channels.

And adding in some links to stuff on the evelopedia. Worldbuilding stuff. It's a resort on Caille, called the "Caille Virtualarium", has a bunch of links to other sections of the resort, and to a couple other places.

My thinking was, that if channels have links to other channels (a thing that is a relatively recent invention in the chat channel system, and making convenient links is even more recent), then it creates a web of channels, that can help to keep people RPing.

The trick being to get people to come in the first place. "If you build it, they will come", is all well and good when it's mysterious voices in the corn telling Kevin Costner to build a baseball field, but it's not always helpful for RP, lol.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #91 on: 08 Apr 2015, 12:50 »

I quite like that setup Louella. We've seen a bit of it with some of the bigger venue events, but the real potential I think is in other areas. I've actually got something set up very similar to what you describe above, where I built a 'core' city area chat channel for Foundation called 'Foundation City Starport' (its a public channel) and it has links to venues that other members of the corp have made.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #92 on: 08 Apr 2015, 13:14 »

The Elysion has taken that approach, as well as SFRIM's private corp offices which has a number of rooms.

From time to time The Holy Grape also has "menu" ads for other rp venues in an effort to help new places get exposure.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #93 on: 10 Apr 2015, 17:07 »

I decided to put my money where my mouth is and resubscribe Asvard's account. So Clan Ogunkoya is a Thing again now it's CEO has come back from limbo.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #94 on: 10 Apr 2015, 17:28 »

I decided to put my money where my mouth is and resubscribe Asvard's account. So Clan Ogunkoya is a Thing again now it's CEO has come back from limbo.

Awesomesauce! :D Do hit me up in-game (IC or OOC whichever works, or both! :D ) and if I can help let me know. :)

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #95 on: 15 Apr 2015, 09:41 »

Hide all the Amarr Womens! I've resubscribed and moved my corporation to Domain. Corporation recruitment stuff to be posted once it's ready. Also it seems like the minmatar.ooc channel is starting to be active. Lots of unfamiliar faces \o/.

Nissui

« Reply #96 on: 15 Apr 2015, 11:44 »

Corporation recruitment stuff to be posted once it's ready. Also it seems like the minmatar.ooc channel is starting to be active. Lots of unfamiliar faces \o/.

I will pop it into the MOTD if you like, just lemme know. \o

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #97 on: 15 Apr 2015, 13:09 »

Hide all the Amarr Womens! I've resubscribed and moved my corporation to Domain. Corporation recruitment stuff to be posted once it's ready. Also it seems like the minmatar.ooc channel is starting to be active. Lots of unfamiliar faces \o/.

Lunarisse Locks Maria up in a convent (wait, she tried that once and failed already).  Seriously, good luck! and I am game to try to rp!

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #98 on: 15 Apr 2015, 13:15 »

I figured it would help foster interaction if nobody had to fly 22 jumps to interact. There are plenty of convenient RSS stations in Amarr space.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #99 on: 15 Apr 2015, 22:11 »

I am so glad to see movement on the Minmatar front, and also the Gallente and Caldari. All four main factions now have OOC channels open to all interested (keep an eye out for a post about them soon). :D

It is really thrilling to see everyone chipping in to help grow the community as a whole so as to give us all a larger and more diverse RP world to interact with.

My thanks, congratulations, and continued to support to all those who are doing the hard yards on getting this ball rolling - and keeping it going. :)

-A

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #100 on: 21 Apr 2015, 13:12 »

Minmatar loyalist RP is about choosing to beat your head against the immovable object of slavery and the empire while all the amarr and caldari rpers get to sit in the peanut gallery and the minmatar non-loyalists (most minmatar Rpers in my experience) go on and on about how shit everything is in the republic is.

Don't get me wrong when you find other loyalists to talk to it is great rp.  But you can only talk to the same 4 people everyday until it gets old.

You can only take one more optimal bonused new minmatar ship

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #101 on: 21 Apr 2015, 19:38 »

Minmatar loyalist RP is about choosing to beat your head against the immovable object of slavery and the empire while all the amarr and caldari rpers get to sit in the peanut gallery and the minmatar non-loyalists (most minmatar Rpers in my experience) go on and on about how shit everything is in the republic is.

Don't get me wrong when you find other loyalists to talk to it is great rp.  But you can only talk to the same 4 people everyday until it gets old.

You can only take one more optimal bonused new minmatar ship

So you would say that you cannot be a Minmatar loyalist and articulate a position which seeks peaceful solutions to the issues of slavery and the Empire (to take one issue)? Surely as with any real life body politic the political field of the Republic and the Tribes is diverse with many competing views and positions. Enough that while IC a vehement anti-Amarr Minmatar would view the more conciliatory members of their society as traitors, OOC at least we can admit that they are both loyalists just with different political views on how to realise that loyalty?

Not unlike the distinction between a Liberal and Practical in the State, or a Sarumite and Kor-Azorite in the Empire? It has always puzzled me why the other big four seem to be able to accommodate a diversity of views, and still have those characters broadly considered loyalist, and yet the Minmatar seem to be denied this diversity by the players involved in the faction. I am curious is there PF support for the Minmatar not having any diversity to their loyalists? The question is asked generally of no one in particular. :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #102 on: 22 Apr 2015, 01:43 »

It's just more a matter of player demographics Arkon. Most minmatar RPers play outsiders and anti republicans. Some have reconciled a bit with Shakor new government, but at the same time Gradient and EM were the only real bastions of republic loyalists, and well, you know what happened.

So, there is a void for republic loyalists, and since it often interests a lot less the players usually...

Take it like the Caldari for example : half play Ishukone, if not more, and the rest play patriots like KK or just patriots. Also, Dragonaurs. But practicals ? Those are a rare breed, a lot more than in the past, which was already barely a few individuals. Same for Kador ? Who the hell play a kadorite ? It's either Sarum or Kor-Azor most of the time. TM and Ardishapur are just a few ones that stray from the mainstream. The only very diverse ones are the gallente, albeit I can argue that I have yet to see a sociocrat (2nd most powerful party in the fed with the liberals), which is a shame because that party is heavily associated with Mentas Blaque, who is painted an opportunistic villain with nothing of a sociocrat.

So yes, there is particular subfactions that are rarely, if not, played. And the Republic side of the Minmatar can at times be one of them, and that's an issue because the Republic is the most important of all of them for the Minmatar (their government !).

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #103 on: 22 Apr 2015, 03:21 »

It's just more a matter of player demographics Arkon. Most minmatar RPers play outsiders and anti republicans. Some have reconciled a bit with Shakor new government, but at the same time Gradient and EM were the only real bastions of republic loyalists, and well, you know what happened.

So, there is a void for republic loyalists, and since it often interests a lot less the players usually...

Take it like the Caldari for example : half play Ishukone, if not more, and the rest play patriots like KK or just patriots. Also, Dragonaurs. But practicals ? Those are a rare breed, a lot more than in the past, which was already barely a few individuals. Same for Kador ? Who the hell play a kadorite ? It's either Sarum or Kor-Azor most of the time. TM and Ardishapur are just a few ones that stray from the mainstream. The only very diverse ones are the gallente, albeit I can argue that I have yet to see a sociocrat (2nd most powerful party in the fed with the liberals), which is a shame because that party is heavily associated with Mentas Blaque, who is painted an opportunistic villain with nothing of a sociocrat.

So yes, there is particular subfactions that are rarely, if not, played. And the Republic side of the Minmatar can at times be one of them, and that's an issue because the Republic is the most important of all of them for the Minmatar (their government !).

I can definitely see how the population base of the Minmatar RP community would affect how present the different loyalists are in EVE. But I suppose my question was more about the term "loyalist" itself.

I have noticed that there is a tendency to believe that to be a Minmatar loyalist you have to be anti-Amarr, with military action being necessary, and I question whether this is accurate. I pointed to the distinction between say a Practical and Liberal in the State to elucidate the fact that it would seem the players and characters of the State would accept the differing views of those two groups as still being loyalist. Yet I do not believe I have seen, admittedly in my limited time in EVE, the same of the Minmatar and my conversations OOC have tended to have loyalty to the Minmatar being defined by a hatred of the Amarr.

So I was wondering if this is accurate, both in terms of PF and logic, of what we would consider loyalist; and if so why do the Minmatar seem to be defined by one issue? Understanding this I am sure will be helpful for me in doing what I can to help the other side of things OOCly. :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #104 on: 22 Apr 2015, 03:30 »

Maybe it was more a thing of the past, when Midular was still in office, which created a lot of tension and almost war between UK and EM for example. It was a very ambivalent relationship with the Amarr :she seeked to end slavery, but was pragmatic enough to live in an intergalactic cluster rather than a minmatar enclosed one. Which is one of he big issues with current leaders actually : they don't care about the bigger picture, they just care about their immediate interests and so go to war with everyone and make their factions look utterly stupid in the process.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9