Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Author Topic: Home Sweet Home?  (Read 860 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Home Sweet Home?
« on: 29 Jun 2013, 02:40 »

Slight problem.  :s

When I was looking for a homeplanet for Makkal, I hopped into Khanid space from Amarr and found a nice system with a oceanic world. I claimed said world in the name of Hanaya and built a family story around it:

The Hanaya clan had been entrusted with the defense of a border world that was the site of many battles over the centuries. No, the Empire and the Kingdom weren't at war, but there was low level skirmishing going on.

So far, it's worked wonderfully.

And tonight I looked at a map.

Sazre isn't a border system. It's farther from the border than Khanid Prime. I have no clue how that happened...

And the thing is that this isn't something I can sweep over the rug as Makkal has mentioned this publicly dozens of times. She's even taken other people to the system to look at her world!

I don't know what to do. No one has noticed it thus far. Just ignore? Retcon her place of birth to a border system?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Home Sweet Home?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2013, 03:27 »

And what are borders in space?

also, the stargate network visible to capsuleers/the map is not the entireity of stargates. There could be other gates.

Sazre is the border of the Khanid Home Systems, so, it is not inconceivable that there would have been flanking actions.

consider also, how Normandy is not the closest part of France to England, but was where D-day occurred.
\o/

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2013, 04:32 »

The Kingdom has wide borders, why?  :lol:

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2013, 04:56 »

It is in PF that over time they have activated/deactivated certain gates. Could it be that this system used to be a boarder system by a gate that has since been deactivated due to certain problems with the gate? It was unsafe and shut down by CONCORD and has not yet been reactivated.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2013, 08:51 »

And what are borders in space?

also, the stargate network visible to capsuleers/the map is not the entireity of stargates. There could be other gates.

Sazre is the border of the Khanid Home Systems, so, it is not inconceivable that there would have been flanking actions.

consider also, how Normandy is not the closest part of France to England, but was where D-day occurred.

What Lou said. Nohshayess is a border constellation, and that's close enough for me. Sazre is also equally spaced between the norther-eastern border w/ Tash-Murkon, and the southern nullsec border with Querious, so it's still sort of a border world from either direction - even more so because it's a border world for Nohshayess, with Badivefi being the last system in Sib before you hit the core Kingdom worlds.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2013, 14:44 »

Thank you internet space friends.  :cube:
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events