General Discussion > Web Development and Site Suggestions

IC sections

(1/48) > >>

scagga:
As we mentioned during design phase:

--- Quote from: Scagga ---I've really enjoyed 'IC diplomacy' sections on the Electus Matari forums in the past.

I think that individual organisation could create public IC diplomacy threads/subsections within an IC section for voluntary usage of pilots from various organisations, where people with business could come forward.

I also think you could have IC bars and IC follow on stories relevant to ongoings ingame (similar to 'we stop this broadcast' on IGS).

We have to recognise that the amount of crap that many people see on IGS makes them unwilling to even look for the good stuff. 'Bottling' good stuff on a new forum and protecting it from OOC riffraff on IGS is good and may in time send a message to CCP moderators about what roleplayers want.

I for one am not up for another IC chestbeating platform. We can work on the concept, imo.
--- End quote ---

and

--- Quote from: Scagga ---I think that a section can be set aside as a bank of propaganda media (posters, videos that are otherwise lost on the forums), corp histories with their famous operations etc, so that newcomers have a handy place where they can read about the past of roleplaying organisations.
--- End quote ---

I'd like to gauge interest in these ideas, with a view to helping enrich our inspiracy experiences :p

Casiella:
You mean like this?

scagga:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 21 Apr 2010, 12:30 ---You mean like this?

--- End quote ---

I think that would cover the 2nd, but not the 1st quote. To enable that part to reach its potential, I suppose some stickied 'this is what this section is for' threads would help, and also forum subsections for the difference factions, for easier readability.

Casiella:
Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer that that was intended for the second part. My bad. :)

Silver Night:
I like the idea of a general IC forum or sections, I'm just a bit at a loss as to what the most effective way to implement it would be. Here on the home page? A separate page with heavy promotion and a very prominent link?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version