Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?  (Read 12078 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?
« Reply #45 on: 25 Jul 2012, 15:41 »

Alright, as to the first: There's an abundance of Minmatar whose sole motivation seems to be the absolute destruction of the Amarr Empire and, by extension, anything that they perceive as a threat to the Minmatar people. While this is certainly believable and understandable from a lore and PF perspective, it's also the norm. It'd be nice to see more Minmatar who maybe want to just live an ordinary life apart from slavery, war, death etc. Perhaps Minmatar that focus on supplying aid to needy planets in the Republic, or maybe even sub-clan leaders trying to simply "move on" from the past and look toward the future. The "intelligent" qualifier was meant to suggest that I'd like to see these Minmatar not just be "let's love everyone!" characters and not be portrayed as idiots or incompetent - but rather be intelligent, even thoughtful characters who are on this path because they choose to be.

This character motivation was the driving idea behind EM for a long time.  It sought to defend and cultivate the Republic, and leave the burning and pillaging of the Empire and their State allies to the U'Ks of the world.  The problem is, once FW hit, that made little sense.  The Republic is now at war, under attack, and simply wanting to move forward didnt make much sense when there is the threat of invasion.  Some minmatar pilots dont care, but it would be a poor sub-clan leader who rather ignored the invasion of their ancestral enemy.  The fact that FW is eternal, vague, and kinda meaningless in an OOC sense doesnt help matters any. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

ArtOfLight

« Reply #46 on: 25 Jul 2012, 17:21 »

Agreed entirely, Gottii. I was more meaning that a sub-clan leader that saw the war as necessary but not primary. It was service to the tribe and the people as a whole to serve in the militia against the Empire but the greater purpose would be to secure the stability of the tribe and allow for progress.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jul 2012, 17:55 »

Or Minmatar characters who are upset at the Elder's agression and disrupting the peaceful state between the Empire and Republic?

Publius Valerius

« Reply #48 on: 26 Jul 2012, 15:21 »

More terrestrial heterosexual female characters.

"Terrestrial"?

The opposite of a space lesbian.

EDIT:  Didnt mean to be so obscure.  Was trying to be flippant.

My first thought on this topic was also..."LESS SPACE LESBIANS" :) there are why to many dudes which dont like that their female charekters get intimate with another dude around the universe. That why on my bio is the girlfriend slot still open. So come on guys, Its the future its time for some "dude and dude" and/or "dude and fake girls" action :).

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 26 Jul 2012, 21:19 »

Characters I would like to see:

- Booster addicts
- Rogue Drone infestation victims
- Religious prophets
- Ammatar
- SOCT students
- Sufferers of Space Madness©

Characters I would like to see naked:

- Jamyl Sarum

Reyd Karris

« Reply #50 on: 27 Jul 2012, 11:40 »

- Rogue Drone infestation victims
- Religious prophets
- SOCT students
- Sufferers of Space Madness©
I second these recommendations.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #51 on: 27 Jul 2012, 13:09 »

Even better is when they overlap in a single character.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #52 on: 27 Jul 2012, 14:05 »

\o/ SoCT ammatar asocial traitor student afraid of mirrors ?

check

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #53 on: 27 Jul 2012, 17:08 »

More Gallente in general, as well as more serpentis and gurista. Currently I think we only have Anshar and Veto respectively. There could even be competition between these corps, Sepentis bickering over trade territory and Guristas enfringing on each others trade territory.

Thukkers. Proper, nomadic Thukkers. I would love to see a corp that moved around all over the place and lived out of a couple of carriers  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #54 on: 27 Jul 2012, 17:11 »

Thukkers. Proper, nomadic Thukkers. I would love to see a corp that moved around all over the place and lived out of a couple of carriers  :D

Gipsy band ?

Bastian Valoron

• Egger
« Reply #55 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:20 »

-Bricoleurs and happy-go-lucky Gallenteans. While there is a decent amount of activity on the utilitarian and dark sides of the Federation, the cultural aspect doesn't seem to be as popular.
-Minmatar characters having a clear association with their tribe.
-Intaki traditionalists who are not separatists: There's a wealth of Intaki PF which hasn't been played that much probably because it doesn't fit well together with the highly popular separatist agenda.
-Jin-Mei: There's supposed to be a freaking civil war and a mass exodus going on. Maybe an assassin game?
-Less rebels and more toons who play the status quo of their faction. More Diana Kims, more Rojd Blakes!
-Cults! There can't be enough cults!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #56 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:29 »

Gipsy band ?

Gypsy band aren't really nomadic as such. They do move around a lot, but it's more because they keep getting kicked out than because they want to go  ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Varlerian

• Your friendly neighborhood entrepreneur
  • Clonejack
« Reply #57 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:33 »

• Straight women
  • Non-angry, intelligent Minmatar
  • Non-derp and :lolslavery: Amarr
  • Caldari Practicals
  • Cutthroat Gallente
  • Dangerous cults (EoM, Blood Raiders)
  • Average Joes (Just going about my business, kthxbai)

Rawr

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Korsavius

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #58 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:38 »

I like my current character.
This is always a good thing.

I like her as well.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #59 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:40 »

-Intaki traditionalists who are not separatists

Hi.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7