Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: SiSi Portrait Gen back up, with new stuff  (Read 21535 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: SiSi Portrait Gen back up, with new stuff
« Reply #75 on: 24 Dec 2010, 07:34 »

Caldari women are not allowed to have the Gallente jackets...

But the Amarr seem to have the Gallente jackets available...

It's confusing!

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #76 on: 24 Dec 2010, 12:12 »

Wah, CCP give 5 free days to fiddle around with the new stuff until the 3rd, when I'm stuck on a computer that won't run it until the 7th  :bash:

:cry:

Amann Karris

« Reply #77 on: 24 Dec 2010, 22:06 »

Yay!  I was finally able to make a decent looking Amann!

The Ultimate Amann Karris

Though he does have a Red Foreman/John Locke look.  Not a bad thing, as I do love both of those characters, but it did end with me spending an hour and a half cracking up posing them and doing voices.  My 2 year old was highly amused.  :D

Edit: Two pics of Deceiver's Voice.
The Blind Schizo Punk
Why so serious?
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2010, 22:14 by Amann Karris »

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #78 on: 25 Dec 2010, 00:10 »

New version of Shae.

I am pleased with this. However, the range for customisation is dreadfully limited. You may not be able to tell the races apart, but you'll definitely be able to determine who's of the same bloodline in the room :P

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #79 on: 25 Dec 2010, 05:18 »

Hm, I don't think I could tell from that portrait Shae to be an ethnic Gallente though.

Quite excited for this...just 3 weeks! :X

EVE's gonna look so different tbh, and RP will be more vivid and realistic \o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #80 on: 25 Dec 2010, 08:15 »

Okay, I folded and downloaded the freakin' SiSi build.

Miz went from creepy to fuckin' badass though.
No, seriously. She's only smiling because she's thinking of your imminent demise, you filthy slaver dog.

Meanwhile her sister finally figured out how to untie those topknots, but saw a lack of proper bodybuilding options and was disappoint.
Then her pet... err... girlfriend did something cute and she was amused again.

In short, very nice chargen. I am very impressed with how it makes people really come to life with amazing detail. I am less impressed with the lack of bodyshaping options. The lower limit on breasts is still too high and you just can't make 'muscly' women.

I'll try an Intaki and True Amarr lass later.

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #81 on: 25 Dec 2010, 23:17 »

Hm, I don't think I could tell from that portrait Shae to be an ethnic Gallente though.

Quite excited for this...just 3 weeks! :X

EVE's gonna look so different tbh, and RP will be more vivid and realistic \o/
Shae's got an Immigrants background: there's a lot of mixing in her family and her maternal grandmother is Matari. However, that IS the ethnic Gallente character base :3

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to the effect this will have on Eve RP. I figure that the addition of emotive attitudes is really going to have a big affect on the dynamics of personal interaction; hopefully it won't be too negative.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2010, 23:19 by Shae Tiann »

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #82 on: 25 Dec 2010, 23:33 »

I'd kind of like to see -- eventually -- a sort of "Advanced Character Creator", where you can choose a racial blending and/or select a starter school that might have nothing to do with character ethnicity. A nice touch would be to eventually add the other Empire races to the options :P

...NPC-Pirate starter corporations which come with negative personal standings in Empire would be fun, too  :yar:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #83 on: 26 Dec 2010, 08:27 »

I'd kind of like to see -- eventually -- a sort of "Advanced Character Creator", where you can choose a racial blending and/or select a starter school that might have nothing to do with character ethnicity. A nice touch would be to eventually add the other Empire races to the options :P

...NPC-Pirate starter corporations which come with negative personal standings in Empire would be fun, too  :yar:

I could see having that sort of paid service to modify all the information, since for most of us, when we created our characters, the only reason we went with the race/bloodline/school/ancestry we did was for minmaxing. I know its the reason that everyone and their cousin has an achura alt.  Like, right now Nikita's Gallentean, and while she definitely has Gallente blood in her somewhere, with her backstory, it'd make more sense for her to be Sebby or Thukker.

I might go make a topic on that.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #84 on: 26 Dec 2010, 08:48 »

Really? You want to warp the game to suit your RP background rather instead of having done it the other way around? This ain't tabletop.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #85 on: 26 Dec 2010, 10:20 »

In my mind, RPers make character choices based on the concept rather than minmaxing. In Nikita's case, why not simply say she resembles the Gallente part of her family more?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #86 on: 26 Dec 2010, 21:45 »

I think part of what makes for a good RPer is taking aspects of the character and creating a history, background and personality based upon what you're given, or rather based upon the choices they made early on in character development.  That the choices arent exactly what you might pick now I think makes for a more realistic and nuanced character. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #87 on: 04 Jan 2011, 04:28 »

[spoiler]

(In case hotlinking is broken, http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/993391/Amarr_male_hooded.jpg.)[/spoiler]

Beautiful.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #88 on: 04 Jan 2011, 05:46 »

[spoiler]

(In case hotlinking is broken, http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/993391/Amarr_male_hooded.jpg.)[/spoiler]

Beautiful.

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!"
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #89 on: 04 Jan 2011, 23:46 »

100M to anyone who can show me how make a Civire look like Mark Valley.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8