Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Author Topic: [Recruiting for Wormhole Space] Alexylva Paradox  (Read 3693 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Applied Science? All science is applied. Eventually.

- Hilen Tukoss. Program Director, Otosela Neuropsychology Center.

The Alexylva Paradox is a PVP-RP corporation started by three veteran EVE players. Our goals including having fun, shooting things with spaceships, and building an organisation that will be around for EVE's next decade. Our recruitment policy is open and active, and we're willing to take temporary employees and new players. We have a policy to keep low drama, and to back up everything we do mechanically whenever possible. We will take non-roleplayers and and roleplayers alike, though non-roleplayers still have to follow corp mandates set in character, and tolerate roleplay within the corporation.

Who we are...

Pirates
Despite claiming to be neutral scientists, we do a lot of shooting at people in lowsec for no reason. Recognized at a high level as 'actions against potentially dangerous capsuleers' such excuses have been given by our pilots as 'my finger slipped eight times.'

Transhumanists
We roleplay largely as transhumanist capsuleers, with a future driven agenda and a strong desire to see the Empires fall and humanity advanced by any means required. While this has only once brought us into direct conflict with another corporation once so far, its only a matter of time really (we would have wardecced PIE, but I can't drop 500 mil on a dec, sorry guys)

Scientists
Whatever else we are, we are still scientists. I try to impress things like decision theory and Bayes Theorem onto my corpmates, but I'm of course willing to take people who are less into that, provides their RP doesn't directly conflict it. With a focus on research, we tend to go around finding interesting things about the Prime Fiction, digging up wormhole stuff, stockpiling drone items, and generally poking our noses where they don't belong.

And now a word from our sponsors...

"And welcome back, our featured capsuleer organisation for the night is The Alexylva Paradox.

The Alexylva Paradox [ALXVP] is a radical transhumanist faction started by capsuleer Saede Riordan. Formed in the late summer of YC114, the stated goals of the organisation are very simply, to 'future proof' the human species. Though what they mean by this is often unclear. What is clear is the scope of their work. The Paradox has laboratories and research outposts scattered across all areas of space, including a massive sprawling complex contained by the Spaceland Patrol Assembly Plant in orbit of Suroken VI. Access to this complex is restricted to the some two thousand personnel who live, work, and play, entirely within the compound, and no one is quite sure what goes on inside those walls.

Strongly anti-government, the Paradox has had strong ties to piracy since its inception, including dealings with the infamous Angel Cartel. They respect no national or factional affiliation, and have been known to fire on other ships with little to no provocation. Though CONCORD was unwilling to provide comment on the Paradox, their public database lists the threat lever of the corporation as 'moderate to severe.'

CEO Saede Riordan states that current operations are just beginning, and her organisation is planning to erect a series of permanent starbases and planetary colonies in Anoikis, theorized by many to be test beds for their experiments on radical social, political, and economic reform. Not content to simply act as technologists and scientists, the capsuleers of the Alexylva Paradox often take the future into their own hands; with an active policy of interference they are not at all afraid to get their hands dirty. With everything up to and including military action on the table, their agents have been spotted in diverse locations throughout the cluster, and no one is quite sure, how deep their influences run."

In Summary...

If you're looking for science, transhumanism, trolling, rationality, and anarchy, we might be the corporation for you. If you want to explore the game and the lore, participate in live events, and live in a wormhole, we might be the corporation for you. And if you're looking for fun PVP and RP in a low drama, low stress environment, we might be the corp for you.

« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 06:40 by Saede Riordan »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Alexylva Paradox
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2012, 20:07 »

Well, good luck with that.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2012, 20:07 »

Standings adjusted accordingly. ;)

I'd wish you luck, but you won't need it, and it goes against my principles anyway. :bash:

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2012, 23:46 »

Trolling
Which seems sort of an odd thing to base a corporation around, but it can produce a lot of fun. There are many people in the greater eve community whose underwear are on quite tight and are already primed targets of all manner of shenanigans.

:D Good luck!

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2012, 01:18 »

People still wear underwear?

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #5 on: 08 Sep 2012, 11:47 »

Recent archeological studies tell us that a form of garment was, indeed, worn under the trousers in bygone times. A revival of this ancient tradition is unlikely but not impossible.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2012, 11:53 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #6 on: 08 Sep 2012, 13:45 »

~Is shocked!~ Yes people wear underwear!

Link > > > >  http://eprints.hud.ac.uk/7723/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2013, 15:20 »

I'm bumping this, its been redone all pretty and up to date.

Ieze Svain

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2013, 16:48 »

I like!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:57 »

Thread necroing to refresh our ad. We're still alive guys.

Kairus Vhenok

• Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 28 Apr 2013, 16:44 »

This...actually sounds like something Kairus might be interested in. A lot. He's not much of a scientist himself but he's always up for a good bit of anarchic violence and general exploring the universe.

Despite claiming to be neutral scientists, we do a lot of shooting at people in lowsec for no reason. Recognized at a high level as 'actions against potentially dangerous capsuleers' such excuses have been given by our pilots as 'my finger slipped eight times.'

^ Exactly the sort of excuse he would give...assuming he felt like giving one at all xD