Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Author Topic: [I-RED] Malkalen Memorial YC115  (Read 1309 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
[I-RED] Malkalen Memorial YC115
« on: 15 May 2013, 14:01 »

[I-RED] Malkalen Memorial YC115
5/15/2013 - 21:00 EVE time
Malkalen (0.9) REQUIRES SECURITY STATUS HIGHER THAN -2.5
Malkalen V - Moon 1 - Ishukone Corporation Factory

Relevant Channels - Malkalen Lobby, Memorial Broadcast, Gariushi Lounge

IGS Thread Here

Things to Note:

There will be three channels. Only the Lobby will have public access. All other channels will be invite only, and users will be sorted into them. Attendees will gather in the lobby, and will be asked to leave (or kicked from) the lobby after entering the other channels.

ONLY SUPPORTERS OF ISHUKONE AND FRIENDLY/NEUTRAL FACTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE "Gariushi Lounge".
- Ishukone Loyalists
- CONCORD Loyalists
- Federation, Amarr, Republic Loyalists
- Khanid, Ammatar, Syndicate, Mordu, and other Lesser Faction Loyalists
- Independent Capsuleers
- OOC "reds" (-5, -10 standings) allowed on a case by case basis
- Provist (CPD) & Templis Dragonaurs Supporters ARE ALLOWED (They are still Caldari loyalists)

ALL OTHERS WILL BE SORTED INTO "Memorial Broadcast".
- Pirate Loyalists (Angel, Serpentis, Guristas, Sansha, Blood Raider)
- Federation Ultra-nationalists (IC assumed to be responsible for Noir)
- IC Unaligned Pirates and Undesirables

Please note that OOC-only enemies (former wartargets, Syndicate enemies) of I-RED will not be restricted to the Broadcast room, and will be welcome inside the event itself.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2013, 14:18 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lyn Farel

Re: [I-RED] Malkalen Memorial YC115
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 15:48 »

Too late, had to go. :/

Hope you had fun :)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 16:41 »

Be there or be a quadrilateral rhombus.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 16:49 »

KATRINA ONISEKI

Ladies and Gentlemen. Ladies and Gentlemen....

I'd like to thank everybody for attending the annual Malkalen Memorial this year today. It is regretful but necessary that we held the event in private last year. We're happy to make it public once again.

I'd like to introduce you to the generous host of this years event. Many of you know him as a leader and a visionary. Some of you know him by less colorful descriptors. But to all who know him... he is first and foremost a follower of Otro Gariushi.

Otro Gariushi, as many are aware, was tragically killed in the events of the Malkalen Disaster. I trust I need not go into detail as to what happened that terrible day... but Ishukone, the Caldari State, and New Eden itself lost a true leader. More than that though? We lost an advocate of peace. Peace. Now that's a nebulous concept, isn't it? Seems simple... but it's so difficult to grasp and hold. Like water, slipping through our fingers when we try to grab too hard.

But, I believe... you and I. All of us here today. We all have a chance to find it, some day. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or next year.... but some day, I'd like to think the teachings of Gariushi will take root and blossom. Perhaps some day the terrible events that continue to scar our great nations... nay... our species... perhaps they will stop. Perhaps some day, the dreams we hold so dear can find themselves reality.

So without further ado, I present to you... your host... Executor of Ishuk-Raata, Taisho John Revenent.

---

JOHN REVENENT

As usual I will keep it short. All of us gather here from different walks of life, different careers, and different races. Even with all these differences we gather here to pay our respects to the lives lost five years ago today.

Five years ago the political landscape of our universe was a very different place. At this very station representatives met here to speak about an enduring peace between our people, this was in a effort to stop exactly what is going on throughout our universe now. Still millions of voices continue to be silenced by all four nations for the 'greater good' just as they were silenced here, the voices of the fallen here continue to be unheard because of the hatred of the few that fuels our conflicts.

But the ones who gather here, or at least some of them. Listen to the wisdom of the spirits of the fallen. You have my appreciation for taking the time out of your busy scheduals to attend, if you have words of your own please do not hesitate to take the podium.. in a orderly fashion if you would.

---
Katrina Oniseki

Thank you, Taisho. As offered, we have openings for short speeches. Please keep your contributions both relevant and respectful to the event's meaning. Next up, we have a popular and experienced member of our community. Many of you know him by his powerful arguments, or perhaps by his opinionated views, or maybe even his appearance. Whatever the case, we all know him as Verin Hakatain.

Please give a short round of applause to Stitcher.

---

STITCHER

Words... fail us. Sometimes. And I mean that in many way. Words fail us when we can't think of what to say in response to the big moments in history. And sometimes they fail us when they cause the big moments in history.

Five years ago, something different happen here. Words did not fail us - they were interrupted. We can't forget that this was a summit, a meeting of the arthitects of peace. It was cut short, and the voices were silenced. Everyone here in this room, however, is... immortal. We take it for granted, almost. As far as we are concerned, to die and be reborn is just part of our day job. Everyone here in this room is a voice that cannot be silenced, cannot be interrupted.

The paradigm of humanity is shifting, ladies and gentlemen. We have created voices that cannot be silenced, candles against the dark that cannot be extinguished. We immortals are feared for the destruction we can cause. But whatever madness it was drove Alexander Noir to silence the voices of peace here five years ago should fear us more, because we are now beyond its reach. We have a power that should be feared and respected, that is immune to violence.

It is incumbent upon us to use that power wisely, and with respect to those voices who are no longer able to be heard. It is incumbent upon us to speak what must be spoken, and see what must be seen. We are the torch-bearers now, my friends. And while we're here to mourn, I think we can take hope and comfort from knowing that the name of peace is not written on that wall. So long as we speak it, peace will never be silenced. Thank you.

---
Katrina Oniseki

Thank you, Stitcher. The next man I'd like to bring to the stage is a well known member of the Federation. Known for his bold and controversial views on both the Federation and outside, he is perhaps one of those rare voices we all should take heed from. It is with great honor that I introduce former Luminare General Seriphyn Inhonores to the stage.
---

SERIPHYN INHONORES

Er, hello, I'm Seriphyn Inhonores. Though I no longer work for the Federation, my position as a Federation citizen is well-known.I was asked to do this with...extremely short notice, but given what the Malkalen Summit stood for, or what it was hoped to stand for, I suppose it is only right that someone of my citizenship speak here.

Ten years ago, if you told me that the Federation would have been at war with the Caldari State, I would not have believed you. Unfortunately, the wrong type of person, in the wrong place at the wrong time can drastically alter the course of history. I do not think conflict defines the Gallentean and Caldari relationship. For a century, we were at peace, and cooperated. Before the first Great War, there was the same. We share many values. The pursuit of science, the pursuit of commerce, the pursuit of material prosperity. We each have our own ways of doing this, but I have never felt we are polar opposites by default.

All it takes is a little talk. All it takes for peace to happen again is the right people in the right place at the right time. Damn the voices of the extremists and the populists. Strong leaders like Otro Garuishi, even Aidonis Elabon, is all it takes. The people will follow who is just.

Let these memorials stand in defiance of the warmongerers. That each year, all of us, regardless of race and allegiance, come together. It is with such an spirit that Garuishi's vision, shared by a billion others, will be fulfilled.

Er, yea', that's it. Thank you.

---
Katrina Oniseki

Thank you, Mr. Inhonores. Your contribution is appreciated. Next on our list is a long time friend of Ishuk-Raata. Representative of some of the most surprising and fruitful victories of peace, the Intaki Agreement, I'd like to call the elusive Intaki leader, Bataav.
---

BATAAV

Five years ago Ishukone... no New Eden suffered a terrible loss. The loss of a leader. A figure of inspiration. Of potential. Of peace. But since that day more have been lost. Not only here in Malkalen, but all across New Eden. The pain felt each time this happens is used to validate the acts of violence that only add to the tally of loss. And so while we gather here today to remember those no longer with us. To honour those lost to us, it should not become the sole focus of our attention. Those of us who follow Ida describe our lives as journeys, as walking a path. Sometimes our paths cross or pass close to each other. Sometimes the path of someone crests a hill and that person disappears from view, and they can appear lost to us.

We understand though that this feeling of loss is not permanent. Some paths allow some to return to us. Sometimes we must wait to crest that hill ourselves to see those people again. In either case we should not allow ourselves to become dominated by these feelings of grief, of loss, of pain. Instead remember those people and what they taught us. Today, here in Malkalen remember what was lost five years ago and honour those fugures of inspiration and hope. We have the opportunity to create that peace and benefit from it. Those lost would wish us to take it.

Thank you.

---
Katrina Oniseki

Thank you, Bataav. As always, your words are most inspirational. The last person I'd like to bring to the stage to speak for this event is a longtime voice for the State. A quiet one, perhaps, yet always a voice. It is perhaps this quality which honors the State the most, and brings me the great honor of having her speak here. So, for your attention please, I'd like to call to speak.
---

SAANA NUPUUNEN

Thank you for letting me speak.

Today, we have assembled to remember those lost. Some of us may have had different relations to this loss. For me, this station was ... is the place I called once home. Others have lost loved ones, and the entire cluster has lost great leaders and thinkers.

Regardless, it has always been the way of the Caldari to carry on. We must remember the past - as some have said, to avoid repeating the mistakes made, and perhaps to emulate the successes. Today, we have perhaps the first signs of hope, as peace may have returned to the other place I have been taught to call Home.

As Oniseki-haani mentioned, I may not be the most vocal member of the community. However, we have carried our work on. We capsuleers are a powerful force, and Hakatain-haan mentioned. For the future, we will need leaders. Others perhaps may lead by words, others may provide an example, and we capsuleers can also use our influence to provide an example no matter how dark an image some of us may have.

It is not just carrying on which will provide us - and the generations that come after us - a better future. We must strive for improvement. Yet we are not the entire community. While in the events five years ago, even capsuleer lives were lost due the loss of functionality on the medical services of this station.

We also remember the people of the common decks. In these people yet there is hope, and perhaps, as a whole community, a better future may be accomplished. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.

---
Katrina Oniseki
Thank you, Nupuunen-haani. Before I finish this event, I'd like to apologize for an oversight of mine. It appears we have one more speaker yet, so if you will all please offer your attentions to Che Biko...
---

CHE BIKO

Hnolai ki tuul, ti sei oni a tiu. Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

Five years ago, some people who shared the dream of peace intended to meet here, in order to bring the dream closer to reality. In a few moments, their dreams faded, and with them, thousands of others. But there are still others who share their dream of peace, who are guided by their legacy, and inspired by their lives.

It is perhaps the irony of fate that many those that call upon others to remain peaceful and calm are capsuleers, such as in Colelie, but also with petitions on the IGS. I doubt the people of our nations see capsuleers as keepers of the peace, and rightfully so, but I see some that are trying to change that, and I think our numbers are increasing.

But chasing a dream is hard sometimes. Our enemies look for oppertunities to sabotage our efforts, and even to break up existing alliances. But sometimes it is not our enemies that discourage the dreamers. Sometimes, it is their friends and potential allies that discourage them the most, people who would also like to see peace.

They speak to them and say "You are naive. What you fight for is pointless. It will not happen."

I think most dreamers are well aware of the chances of their dreams coming true, so is it required to remind them of that? So that they may one day give up, believing it is pointless to bring that dream closer to reality? I remind you that many thing have happened that few of us though would happen. Who would have thought that the Wandering Saint would ram this station?

Who, at the start of this year, would have thought that the Republic and Federation fleets would do battle? ...Who would have thought that the Caldari and the Gallente would find a way to make a leap towards a durable solution for the Caldari Prime issue?What other strange wonderful things could happen if we did not discourage the dreamers, and instead encourage them, to fight for their dreams? We might make it half way there, and who knows where we can go from there.

Today, let us remember and honour the dreamers that died five years ago. Tomorrow, let us honour the dreamers of both the past and the present.

---
Katrina Oniseki

Thank you, Mr. Biko. That is perhaps a more fitting closure than even I might have offered. We are ... better, for hearing it. Thank you. Thank all of you. I now announce the end of our official speakers list. Marking the end of the ceremony, we will now allow all of you to pay your due respects.

If any of you have something to say, we'll now allow an open microphone. I would add however, that the following opinions may not reflect the views of Ishuk-Raata, Ishukone, or any affiliates and/or subsidiaries. Speakers may present their opinions knowingly at risk of removal from the premesis.

Thank you all for your attendance. Uaaka.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2013, 16:59 »

Only once I forgot that I was not there as Axel, great success. And, especially remembering that most of the speakers didn't prepare beforehand, very good speeches.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2013, 02:38 »

Tomorrow is the 17th of may. Yesterday I was quite busy, could not attend  :cry:

I hope everyone enjoyed it and that there were no random BS to disrupt things?
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 02:43 by BloodBird »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2013, 02:46 »

I hope everyone enjoyed it and that there were no random BS to disrupt things?

The event was completely free of drama! Nobody got shot, attacked, insulted, or kicked out. Every speaker both official and otherwise advocated peace and goodwill, though some were a bit more blunt about it than others.

Generally speaking, the event was a complete success and a testament to the ability of our community to hold events without needing to shoehorn in a plot twist every time.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2013, 03:16 »

Glad to hear that. Going to be a good day today knowing everything went by smoothly :)

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2013, 04:14 »

I enjoyed what of it Quinzel was present for.

It seems as if even those characters present with sharp ideological differences to Ishukone or any of the speakers were able to shut up and be respectful.

This is a good thing I think. Even extremists have to have off-days. I feel that similar events tend to be too-often high octane where it isn't called for.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2013, 09:36 »

Wanted to make it, work got in the way, looks like a nice event.