Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rewind  (Read 4230 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Rewind
« Reply #15 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:40 »

I'll do the same i'm doing now with my new char   8)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 26 Aug 2010, 09:53 »

It wouldn't have made any difference, as Jamyl's pod did go squelch anyway.

I am quite aware of the fact.

It's just that I would have wanted that feather in my cap.

Because I doubt that there will ever be a chance to do something like that in the rest of the time that EVE is online.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 27 Aug 2010, 12:20 »

Question: Does this scenario presuppose that in-game major storyline events - i.e., the Succession trials, defection of the Defiants, the Creliere project, etc - would begin as they actually did, albeit not neccesarily end the same way?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #18 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:37 »

Question: Does this scenario presuppose that in-game major storyline events - i.e., the Succession trials, defection of the Defiants, the Creliere project, etc - would begin as they actually did, albeit not neccesarily end the same way?

yes.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:06 »

ohh, ok i guess my interpretation was rather simple, if all the storylines are rebooted and the universe had the same properties as today, i would get involved in the following:

Federation election, make sure Eman Autrech won, or do my best to for his campaign
Stop the theft of the Solteur and the Nyx by the Serpentis
Get involved in the RISE plot
Get involved in the investigation of the Medusa Virus
Get involved in the investigation of Reschard V destruction
Attempt to take an Opus Luxury Yatch in Elarel on the public event of Quafe Ultra, fight the UDI
Attempt to create Fed-Syndicate "mutually benefitial" relations.

Start a Campaign with the Senate for a high-sec connection between Solitude and Everyshore or Verge Vendor

Invite corps who exclusively live in the Gallente regions to form an industry/trade guild to supply selected systems in each region, creating healthy market hubs across the Federation.

IF and only IF, pro-fed alliances existed and were strong enough, attempt colonization of Cloud Ring and create a providence-like extension on behalf of the Federation. Althought if along with pro-fed alliances Pro-state ones existed, go for pure-blind and create a shared border bolstering permanent conflict and RP in 0.0.

All of those would be nice, but realistically i could only be involved in a few.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2010, 22:23 »

I'd likely end up allied with Saxon's new and improved ILF (Because I'm betting he would make one given the option).

Hmmm.... Perhaps I have grown too predictable. But, yeah, I'd be doing the same thing, I'd just be further along the path.

Vieve

« Reply #21 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:02 »

Federation election, make sure Eman Autrech won, or do my best to for his campaign

:>

Goshien

• Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 28 Aug 2010, 18:33 »

Being what I might call a "latecomer" I don't know too much about the early years of eve. Hell I was surprised when I'd found out how old it actually was, predating wow. But if I did go back to mystical day one, well, I imagine a lot more people would be dead right about now, and maybe even ragequit.

Eventually I would run out of my alien future technology, and have only wealth to rely on (which I don't even have that much anymore) so I'd probally end up falling in with whoever. I certainly don't have the personality (or desire) to create some sort of super empire or to be some sort of pirate god. I'd also abuse yon future knowledge in gambling on the ally tournies, earning massive wealth, provided my actions did not alter the timelines and fuck everything up.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2010, 13:12 »

Mmmmm...

I have to say, it's a really tough choice between two different paths;

One would be to do much as I am now, a moderate-loyalist Amarrian advocating peace with the other nations. This path would be by far the easier path to pursue, because (as in the current time) the ability to attract a wider group of followers would allow me to much more easily maintain a powerbase with which to influence events in EVE.

The second path, which is far more difficult but also - in my opinion - the far more interesting path would be to set up something akin to an Amarrian seperatist state, who would advocate the most conservative and harsh viewpoints under the Amarrian faith, but also declare themselves seperate from the Empire (probably on the basis of the Empire already being "to soft" for even recognizing the other nations or somesuch).
While much, much harder for a number of reasons  - I'd make more than a few enemies, and have a considerably harder time recruiting people to assist me, I personally think I would find the challenge quite interesting. I'd need to find a delicate balance between carrot ( "listen... I've got this thing called a carrier that lets me move ships around real easily... do YOU want something moved?" ) and stick ( "Do X or we'll drop a squad of Armageddons on your head" in an age where single battleships were rare), between using the assets I bring with me (a very much exhaustible supply) and using my advance knowledge of certain in-game events, gameplay changes, and expansions to bring continued wealth to my faction.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2010, 06:50 »

Get a copy of every T2 BPO I could lay my greedy hands on when the time comes.

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2010, 10:41 »

I would have...

1. Participated in PVP a lot sooner.
2. Invested in implants earlier on.
3. Left PIE sooner.  This is by no means a slur on PIE, I think it is a wonderful corporation, but I was never really a good fit for the corp.
4. Avoided a few people IC so I wouldn't have to deal with their OCC later on.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 »

Hmm!  Kind of interesting question and I really wouldn't do much differently, but for these few things..

1) I think knowing how to make money in the game from the get go might make me have a lot more ISK. One thing I would do is get in on those research agents from the very beginning, something which I unfortunately nearly totally missed. A major T2 BPO from the lottery would've been nice, but lacking that even just accumulating and converting research points into datacores early would've changed things for me monetarily.

2) I would be a bit more coherent about Intaki separatism from the beginning and giving the Syndicate a bigger role initially (ie. I'd be in the place where I ended up in with it from the start).

3) I'd consider trying to change history in regards to the Mercenary Coalition and it's ignoble end instead of kind of abandoning a sinking ship. Would've probably joined up with them earlier as well.

And actually.. this would negate number 2 quite likely, but I doubt I'd go with an Intaki/Gallente-bloc character. Not sure about that, but the chargen decision would definitely be difficult for sure.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:07 »

I would have helped found m0o
Also yeah get in on the t2 bpo's are get a friend in CCP to seed me some
Work with Shrike to win an Impoc
Pages: 1 [2]