Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rewind  (Read 4231 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Rewind
« on: 25 Aug 2010, 13:20 »

Lets have a fun little game, shall we?

It goes like this: If you could take your main character and all their assets back to eve day 1, and were not going to get banned by CCP, for server hax, what would you do? what would you accomplish?

What sides would you choose? What direction would you take your RP? knowing you're going to be one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful player in the game.

Where would your loyalties lie? would you take the same path you took before?

What would you do?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Rewind
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2010, 13:36 »

If I could take my character, the skillpoints he has now, all his assets (perhaps worth 2-3 billion in all, at max) and turn it all back to day one, I'd start a hard-line pro-Fed corporation, and exploit the knowledge I have now to fund it and run it as well as I can to try an make a cornerstone in this section of the 'political scale of RP'. I would NOT allow it to defect from it's cause or be turned into something else entierly. I'm tired of seeing that happening tbh. I'd likely end up allied with Saxon's new and improved ILF (Because I'm betting he would make one given the option) and any other Federation groups. I'd make a weapons and ships program for the FDU when it came about. I would likely run an alliance or major FDU force to hold all Federal space, perhaps invade and throttle the life from any Caldari systems.

And I'd hope a similar Caldari group would do the same. ENDLESS WAR HELL YEAH!

In this, I'd hope that an actual war would spawn from it, one where pilots dare to engage one another even on unfavorable or slightly 'even' ods, not just run from slightly unfavorable fights and blob up until none can face you. If that would not work, I'd dec any and all SP corps and their Caldari friends in turn. All the Imperials too.

This all ofc assumes I got the option of the re-wind and that I'd have the RL time to see this through. Something I'm not sure I'd have.

In the meantime however I'll just keep cheering for groups like EL-G and MXD and hoping that a spine will grow back to the participants of FW. There seem to be a cronic lack of that recently.

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2010, 17:25 »

I'm of like mind with Bloodbird, except Amarrian.  I'd love to be one of the 'big names' in the Amarr bloc with my character, something that could only really happen with time given Saint's personality.  I remember when I first joined PIE and heard all the big names of the Amarr bloc, like old PIE CEOs and the CEOs of the other big loyalist corporations.  It was almost mythical, and then I remember actually working with Takumi (PIE founder) and realizing it's just another average human, lol.

But that's how I'd shape up Saint.  To be a mythical name whispered by the newbies and respected by the vets.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2010, 17:36 by Raphael Saint »

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:18 »

Opens his mouth, then closes it, frowning.

Wait, it's not kosher to talk about them, is it?

Ponders for a moment.

I suppose I'd probably form the Amarr-loyalist Providence Bloc early (Obviously a different form of it), and do my damnedest to ensure that the whole 'cut tail and run' thing doesn't happen all those years down the line. Probably fail, of course, but I'd give it a go.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:20 »

Probably use it to form a Caldari ultra-nationalist corporation doing what Cry Havoc does with capitals but only to the Gallente.

Take contracts on the side, and generally just throw supercapital weight around, perhaps participating in FW. There's a couple of people whose faces I'd like to stave in as well.

e/

Oh and change my character name plus bloodline. Sofia is a personality, not a face. I've felt for the past 3 years that the Deteis bloodline would have been suited so much better to the way that I express her.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2010, 18:27 by Sofia Roseburn »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:23 »

*coughs something about the Kimotoro Directive*

Oh. Possibly execute my vision for what I want to do in the game.

And that remains sekrit.

:yar:

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2010, 19:04 »

Probably quit, since pretty much none of the things I do in-game were supported on day one.

(inb4 can i haz ur stuff?)
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2010, 20:40 »

Forming a fairly hardline Matari-centric corporation before it went out of fashion. And no, Republic corps don't count if they just hide in Matari space. Basically Ushra'khan, I think, and attempting to mold and shape Matari RP to be more tribal and... brutal. Not the sissy pansy-ass apologist RP that permeates all Matari centric RP these days. And quite the focus on utterly destroying traitors.

(Sometimes it seems like the majority of Matari characters are Empire loyalists, urgh.)

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2010, 20:49 »

I'd grief Istvaan.

:twisted:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2010, 23:20 »

Probably quit, since pretty much none of the things I do in-game were supported on day one.

(inb4 can i haz ur stuff?)

no, your stuff comes back with you and works
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2010, 02:05 »

I'd go to the Sathol'syn event of Doriam and pod Jamyl.

Addendum:
Grief the shit out of a few people so that they would leave EVE.

Somehow make sure that Herko would have been hired instead of TonyG.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2010, 02:11 by lallara zhuul »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Aodha Khan

« Reply #11 on: 26 Aug 2010, 03:38 »

Really enjoyed my early days in Eve. Wouldn't change anything, I think was the most productive time for me.

Mizhara , in the early days of Eve there was much more hardline Matari corps. Stormriders, Paratwa etc. Shame it went out of fashion. I remember times in Paratwa when we fired on one of our own for having a RP romance with a Caldari from Omerta Syndicate. She was branded a Caldari whore from that moment and left our group soon after. Unfortunately the hard line can become difficult to manage.  :twisted:

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #12 on: 26 Aug 2010, 04:36 »

I'd do things mostly the same. Fed loyalist and no spineless, ADHD waivering to pirate factions :P

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #13 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:16 »

I'd go to the Sathol'syn event of Doriam and pod Jamyl. 

It wouldn't have made any difference, as Jamyl's pod did go squelch anyway.

What would I do?

Probably grief the hell out of M0o and M3G4.

Vieve

« Reply #14 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:37 »

From Day One?  And able to do anything we want?

Shit.

I would have founded Goonswarm and made RP a requirement.
Pages: [1] 2