Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Competition! I don't want competition!  (Read 6807 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Re: Competition! I don't want competition!
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2010, 03:42 »

So, update time!

Jianni is considering working on some kind of mutual project with the council, in the hopes of furthering Jin-Mei interests. The Estate has also been wardecced by the Intaki Militia and Yuri Intaki, so that may take some of my efforts away from the fun I've been having here.

This sudden explosion of rp for me, jesus christ and I was about to unsub again.
You people sure do like to keep me busy.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2010, 03:43 »

Awesome. I can feel a condemnation coming on.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2010, 18:17 by Mammal Tafren »

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2010, 05:29 »

So, update time!

Jianni is considering working on some kind of mutual project with the council, in the hopes of furthering Jin-Mei interests. The Estate has also been wardecced by the Intaki Militia and Yuri Intaki, so that may take some of my efforts away from the fun I've been having here.

This sudden explosion of rp for me, jesus christ and I was about to unsub again.
You people sure do like to keep me busy.

Shoot em in teh face.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 16 Aug 2010, 05:34 »

Am I a bit frustrated with people telling me I should politely ask the State for Achur sov? Or people telling whats her face to politely ask for Jin-Mei sov? Hell yes. Because you all KNOW it won't work. Same as saying that just because a bajillion members of our respective races aren't screaming into the news feeds for independance we must all be psychotic liars.

It is nothing more than snubbing of the new by those who want to protect what is comfortable them, and while I couldn't care less tbh, it *IS* annoying. In that itch on your back you cannot reach kind of way.

When I replied stating some hippy "ask politely" tactic it was based on my characters reaction to the subject at hand, it has nothing to do with trying to stop new aspects to role-play or any discomfort toward these new types. It is integrating in a already established environment which adds to the challenge.

I do wish you luck, but as annoying as it may be its how some people choose to depict and play there characters.

As for Yuri.. seems I remembered why I bought shares in her corporation after all.. =P

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 16 Aug 2010, 14:03 »

I wasn't speaking to your response John. I am speaking to the overwhelming and rampant opposition to this sort of thing both in and out of character. It has been going on for ages.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #20 on: 16 Aug 2010, 14:09 »

We do know that Yuri Intaki is a Damar Rocarion grief alt, right?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #21 on: 16 Aug 2010, 15:03 »

What's the difference between a regular alt and a grief alt?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Vieve

« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2010, 17:51 »

Regular alts only do psychological damage.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 16 Aug 2010, 23:01 »

Regular alts only do psychological damage.

^^ BOOSH!

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 17 Aug 2010, 04:01 »

As for Yuri.. seems I remembered why I bought shares in her corporation after all.. =P

Hm... so, John, remember how you love me?
No. I'll just let it happen - how much damage can one person do, especially since I'm busy assignmenting.
Anyone else needs a reason to beat Yuri up though, here is a good excuse.  ;)

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 2010, 12:49 »

I wasn't speaking to your response John. I am speaking to the overwhelming and rampant opposition to this sort of thing both in and out of character. It has been going on for ages.

You know what I would love to see? The Jin Mei separate. I've got no idea why a caste system is signed up with the socially super-liberal Feds anyway. I love all this shit.

But as I pointed out before: Small issue + Terrorist platform = Going to fail. I'm not against the goal the JNC has, I'm just saying that they way they're doing it is... Well it's just not going to work at all. Though perhaps if they calm down and emulate the ILF more than we'll see them gain popularity.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2010, 16:40 »

OHNOES, people have opinions, and sometimes they oppose what other people are doing? The thought.

Zag

« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2010, 20:15 »

All the JNC really needs now is a wealthy and anonymous benefactor willing to condemn them in public but provide them with enough ISK and know-how to drive a truck filled with plasma based explosives right through the gates of the Governer's palace on Lirsautton in an act of violent insurrection. Nothing says revolution more than acts of terrorism.

Win/win situation right there. You get delicious Federal insurgent caek and deny you ever ate it in the first place and your chosen benefactors get to dabble in ethnic violence, terrorism and armed insurrection in the Federation.

Also, in regards to Achur separatism: Hey wouldn't Lai Dai just love to get their hands on some deniable assets to go blow up some SuVee assets and personnel in the name of Achur independence?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 17 Aug 2010, 23:28 »

Also, in regards to Achur separatism: Hey wouldn't Lai Dai just love to get their hands on some deniable assets to go blow up some SuVee assets and personnel in the name of Achur independence?
ssshhh...

Lai Dai already got its hands slapped by the CBT for utilizing some deniable assets against SuVee.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2010, 03:33 »

All the JNC really needs now is a wealthy and anonymous benefactor willing to condemn them in public but provide them with enough ISK and know-how to drive a truck filled with plasma based explosives right through the gates of the Governer's palace on Lirsautton in an act of violent insurrection. Nothing says revolution more than acts of terrorism.

Win/win situation right there. You get delicious Federal insurgent caek and deny you ever ate it in the first place and your chosen benefactors get to dabble in ethnic violence, terrorism and armed insurrection in the Federation.

I love you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3