Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Competition! I don't want competition!  (Read 6805 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Competition! I don't want competition!
« on: 13 Aug 2010, 07:02 »

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1368197

Oh noes! More Jin-Mei, and they're evil I say, evil!
Although this may just be the kick in the teeth I need, who knows.
 :)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Competition! I don't want competition!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2010, 07:31 »

It should make things more interesting for you.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2010, 07:45 »

Yeah. That, which I don't mind - I've had fun so far.

Only problem in, this is a small pool. So, we'll see how we go there.  :D

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2010, 13:04 »

Oh god canon arguments in an IC forum. It looked so promising too...
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2010, 21:52 »

I don't understand this at all, IC, or OOC, this makes no sense....
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vieve

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2010, 16:45 »

I'll admit my attention wandered off to get some ice cream (soon followed by the rest of me) as soon as Alba Miri mentioned she was Sang Do.

I was kinda hoping for a Jing Ko's stepping up and saying "hey, guys -- our so-called benevolent Sang Do overlords and Saan Go betters sold us out <yadda yadda>" ... but that's probably just me.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2010, 21:47 »

Actually, I smiled when I saw this, because it's one of the first times I've seen someone decide to pick on a (relatively) unused faction than open the same old arguements all over again with existing factions. Hopefully, they can keep it from just being a re-hash of, say, the Intaki-spereratists-vs-Federation-loyalists or Khanid-Seperatists-vs-Amarrian-Loyalists threads.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2010, 23:25 »

Oh come on and admit it, it is you alt  :D

Also, I welcome another third bloodline separatist movement. Let me know when your alt wants to alliance up for joint Jin-Mei/Achur separatist action  :D

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2010, 01:14 »

Separatism isn't cool anymore; everyone's doing it. It's like twitter.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 15 Aug 2010, 01:24 »

YAY for sarcasm!

Oh, and do people still use twitter?

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug 2010, 07:40 »

Ok, I admit it! It's kinda fun - and it makes Jianni angry, which is something I've been waiting for.
No, not my alt. MY ENEMY!

anyways...

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2010, 12:52 »

Not gonna lie: Looked awesome at first. Thought that it might be worth throwing some funds into the project (Through a proxy corp of course) to fuel some infighting amongst the 'dirty slave kind heretics  hedonist dogs'. But ultimately it's not going to last for two reasons.

1. Very few people care for their goal.
2. Very few people care for openly terrorist mindsets.

Now, there are plenty of organizations that can get away with one or the other. DFIA, for instance, got away with number two spectacularly. But they were Minmatar Freedom Fighters, and fighting for Matari Liberation has enough support that they still had a decent base to draw on. The ILF got away with number one to an extent (Though as time went on number one became less and less of an issue) because they were peaceful and reasonable chaps, so they got a decent base to draw from.

Now, the fact is that despite the Jin-Mei having about twice as much of a culture gap between the Gallente and themselves as the Intaki do, they're not a particularly popular culture to RP. Let's face it, the people who decided "I want to play the people who are at the front lines of truth and justice!" aren't usually also the people who think "Caste system? Sign me up!". Kind of why the Ni-Kunni aren't too popular - "Arrogant religious tyrants, **** yeah!" and "Second class citizens, sounds good!" aren't two sentences normally spoken in the same breath.

Then you restrict this already small group to the people within who are willing to, let's face it, do things that basically no one else can IC agree with, including most of those who want the same thing you do. Piracy is at least seen as honest: They like to fight, and they want your money. Terrorists do things that most people believe can be accomplished peacefully (Which is, in fact, the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter if you think about it), and so are seen as hiding their true intents (Power, wealth, psychopathy) behind legitimate morals (Freedom, justice, dolls of Graelyn).

The resulting cross-section is basically you, a couple friends, and some non-RPers you convinced to join your club anyway. No people, no power.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2010, 20:38 »

the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter if you think about it), and so are seen as hiding their true intents behind legitimate morals (... dolls of Graelyn).
So, where exactly does one sign-up for the corp that is fighting for children's dolls of Graelyn?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 15 Aug 2010, 22:43 »

Piracy is at least seen as honest: They like to fight win, and they want your money.

Fixed for you.

Sorry about the derail, however, I don't know about you, but within the last 2 years, I have yet to meet a pirate who did not flee from roughly even odds, if he saw it coming. to me it seems it's either a gank-patrol of 10+ BC and logistics or more, or a small picket that can call for back-up and get it asap the moment things get a tad ugly. Pirates are not what they used to be.

On the topic at hand however, beyond the reasons you have stated I believe this will (sadly) fail due to their horrible conduct on the igs - frankly they don't have much to stand on and their arguments are pretty shallow. One would have to take whatever issue the Jin Mei MIGHT have with the Fed and blow it out of proportions to get anything resembling a justifiable cause for Jin Mei separatism.

There might be more base for Mannar annoyance with the system, but they are not playable and thus have practically no voice.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2010, 01:13 »

Look, as far as third bloodline separatists are concerned, I am pretty sure I invented the idea. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The problem is a massive lack of PF/Canon and/or some obnoxiously over-forgotten dead project PF/Canon when it comes to this stuff.

If nobody takes up the mantle and rattles sabers and talks big talk, these bloodlines will probably never be revisited by CCP and/or the volunteer fiction team or whatever.

That is literally all we can do at the moment. Sure we can submit news stories and whatnot that will be utterly ignored by ISD because they would rather not experience the pain in the ass. Sure we can go PvP like there is no tomorrow to "show some balls" and maybe get some people interested on that basis alone.

Some of us really *LIKE* the third bloodlines. Separatism adds flavor to what I and many others see as stale and boring Big4 RP in eve.

We try to kick things off, switch shit up a bit, and get shut down by the very people who would probably like to read a few chronicles about the third bloodlines and get some extra info. This does NOT make sense to me, especially from anyone who is registered on this of all sites.

It is our job to push in favor of more story, more PF, right? Or am I utterly confused? Or is that people would rather stick with what is already (boring) established because it would take attention away from them?

I really don't want this to take the form of a rant but seriously. Some of us qare sick of being ignored and summarily shot down just because CCP/ISD aren't kicking down more info. It isn't our fault. We are trying to encourage it, and should be supported by the community, rather than being told it is a lost cause.

The bad behavior on IGS? In The Summit? Elsewhere? Obviously a product of the frustration of people who are genuinely trying to push the story along, fragment it a bit for flavor, and generally getting shit on by a large group of people taking the easy route.

Am I butthurt? Hell no. I am rich as a 10 month old pile of manure. I can do whatever I want whenever I want. Am I a bit frustrated with people telling me I should politely ask the State for Achur sov? Or people telling whats her face to politely ask for Jin-Mei sov? Hell yes. Because you all KNOW it won't work. Same as saying that just because a bajillion members of our respective races aren't screaming into the news feeds for independance we must all be psychotic liars.

It is nothing more than snubbing of the new by those who want to protect what is comfortable them, and while I couldn't care less tbh, it *IS* annoying. In that itch on your back you cannot reach kind of way.

Pages: [1] 2 3