Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Character Background Power  (Read 6680 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Character Background Power
« Reply #30 on: 21 Aug 2010, 18:07 »

I think in Hilion's case it is fairly clear.  :lol:

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: 23 Aug 2010, 06:53 »

(Didn't read the whole thread yet, so I apologize if it's been derailed...  :P)

Usagi, sans the drama surrounding her abduction, which is mainly irrelevant since she didn't know about it till recently, was a military brat. So she had a pretty strict upbringing. However, her father was away a lot, for very long periods of time. Despite her mothers attempts to rein her in, Usagi was one of those 'daddy won't pay attention to me, maybe he will' types.

It stuck pretty much through out her adulthood, and still continues today even though that guy is dead now and she's not really in contact with her biological father.

If we're talking about actual POWER as in 52,000 SP in Vulcan Nerve Pinch, then Usagi also has a decent amount of that as she was accepted into and trained by the CN/SWA 'elite special operations academy.' She graduated from that prior to being certified capable of receiving capsule implants.

Essentially out of her pod, Usagi just acts pretty much like she did when she was in school. She was more reserved for a while, but :drama: and now, primarily because she's high as a kite 24/7 (she's even doped up during down time...) Her main 'egger' tendencies are mainly spending money like she has an unlimited supply (because she essentially does) and walking around with an smug sense of invincibility.

I think I got the jist of posting down now.  :lol:

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

Yarod Cool

• Clonejack
« Reply #32 on: 23 Aug 2010, 11:08 »

Yarod, as a defector to the Federation, got quite a bit of celebrity treatment.  He even got a medal for toadying up to the Feds.  Since the start of the war, and especially after some of Yarod's recent associations, he's less in demand as a propaganda tool.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #33 on: 23 Aug 2010, 13:29 »

I think so long as your background is not exceedingly PF jarring or your history absurdly important (ie: I'm the emporor's grandson!") it's all quite fine and enriching to the RP community. 

Silas is from a Imperial Loyalist Holder family on Dam Torsad (Imperial Capital City in Amarr Prime). As there are hundreds of Great holder families across the Empire I didn't feel this to be particularly egregious.  Think lots of imperial court politicking and family feuding amongst the other Holders in the Capital. She was not in line to assume control of the family (male siblings, plenty of family drama and rivalry there), so she was groomed for the Imperial Navy from a young age, and eventually reached Admiral by about 70 or 80 years.  Some family plotting resulted in her being discredited and demoted severely, in a clever plot/power grab by one of her Brothers. 

Long story short she made her way to the Kingdom and was given a fresh start about 4 years ago, when the character was created.

I think having her be a former Admiral is alright since it's an old title she no longer holds after being demoted/drummed out and there are probably at least several hundred of them in the Empire, considering the thousands and thousands of ships in the Imperial Navy. Also being a Kingdom resident means she's not still heavily involved in family drama/politics inside the Empire and I can keep IC distance as I like, and don't have to deal with any grand/silly claims about her or her family being especially important person in Imperial Politics.

Good thread so far though, great reads ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #34 on: 23 Aug 2010, 13:40 »

"Former admiral" doesn't generally present a problem. "Former admiral who still has considerable political power" might, while "former admiral who's been ostracized for past drama" makes a character interesting in many ways.
Pages: 1 2 [3]