Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Author Topic: Caldari solar systems etc named after CEOs  (Read 1129 times)

Hamish Grayson

Caldari solar systems etc named after CEOs
« on: 10 May 2011, 21:52 »

Tantima Iwisoda – Ceo of Ytiri
  • Iwisoda Solar System in Black Rise:  No stations, Home Guard and StaPro stations in adjacent statons.  Lai Dai and Caldari Navy Stations on the other end of the Constellation.
  • Ytiri is a shipping company and a subsidiary of Kaalakiota

Ienashi Hurtoken – Ceo of Porpel Dynamics

• Hurtoken Solar System in the Forge, Perkone and Peace and Order Unit stations.
  • The Okomon constellation is home to Saiso, the Achurian homeworld and the HQ of Suvee.    Okomon seems to be divided between the Liberals (mostly Hyasyoda and it’s subsidiaries) and the Practicals (Mostly suvee and subsidiaries) with a few Kaalakiota owned stations.  As per most Practical dominated constellations there is not one Caldari Navy station.

Raurvoras Umokka –  Ceo of Zainou
  • Zainou is a subsidiary of Ishukone
  • Umokka Solar System has stations owned by SuVee, Hyasyoda,  Ishukone, Lai Dai (Top Down) and the Caldari Navy.   All stations in the system aside from the CN stations have something to do with the mining, refining and manufacture.   I expect that the Heavy CN presence means big money in the form of military contractor work and is why there are so many stations and in such variety.  The Lai Dai presence seems to negate the SuVee presence when it comes to CN stations.    The rest of the  constellation has a heavy Lai Dai presence too.

Ahtonen Osmon – Ceo of Hyasyoda-   Osmon Solar System:  Hyasyoda, Lai Dai and NOH.
  • Constellation has a heavy Hysasyoda presence with a smattering of Lai Dai and Suvee, as well as few SOE and Impro(Jovian) stations.  There are no Caldari Navy stations in the constellation.

Ahtimi Kirras – CEO of Poksu Mineral Group
  • Kirras Solar System

Admiral Orlan Mito – Quoted in the State Protectorate Wing Commander Rank description
  • Mito Constellation
Matias Sobaseki, CEO of Kaalakiota, Morning of Reasoning. CD 23155.2.10
  • Sobaseki  Solar system
  • CEO of KK during Morning of Reason, probably the defacto leader of the State
  • New Caldari II’s proper name is Matias

Wiyrkomi CEO Taaiko Wiyrkomi – Quoted in the State Protectorate Captain rank
  • Wiyrkomi was founded by the Seituoda family but named after the CEO?

Hamish Grayson

Re: Caldari solar systems etc named after CEOs
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2011, 21:57 »

I'm curious about what the above means?

Does it mean there are powerful Caldari clans ruling the Caldari State?   TEA seemed to suggest something like that, but well it was TEA.

Does it mean that when you take over a CEO poistion in some Mega's it's tradition to change your last name?  I know there is a similar tradition in Japan, especially for leaders of Tea schools and Theatrical schools.-

Does it mean the CEP changes solar system names to honor newly appointed CEOs?

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2011, 22:02 »

There are agents with surnames taken from different systems; Stedald Yrmori being a very noticeable minmatar agent. I think it would be more of a case of the surnames being taken from the system names; we already have contemporary surnames stemming from locations, it's not that far-fetched.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2011, 22:12 »

That would make a lot of sense for tube children with no last name of their own. I wonder how many of those listed above are Deteis.

Also Iwisoda, being in Black Rise, was only charted/discovered a few years ago and is likely to be barely colonized.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2011, 22:16 by Hamish Grayson »

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2011, 23:01 »

A name of the explorer/financier to first chart the systems gravimetric makeup (important for building stargates)?

This would seem to make sense for the Caldari systems since they were colonized by the Caldari and not charted by the Amarr for example.

Vieve

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2011, 03:17 »

That would make a lot of sense for tube children with no last name of their own. I wonder how many of those listed above are Deteis.

A significant number of them are, which does support that idea.

Deteis
Tantima Iwisoda - CEO of Ytiri
Ienashi Hurtoken - CEO of Propel Dynamics
Raurvoras Umokka - CEO of Zainou
Ahtimi Kirras – CEO of Poksu Mineral Group

Civire
Ahtonen Osmon – CEO of Hyasyoda

I wonder if some of the Civire who have system names (I think there might be others mentioned in the agent lists, but I'm not awake enough to confirm that) had ancestors who shed their surnames when they left the Federation for the State?  I'm thinking that, oh, a Gallenteanized surname -- or an actual Gallentean one picked up via marriage -- might not have been an asset during the early days of the State.

Dex's family modified their surname, if I remember right.  The Varo family of Civire who works for Celeste had Miesian ancestors named Varonne (which is awfully close to Duripanti Verone, now that I think about it :P). 

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2011, 07:41 »

When coming up with discovery names, there's usually a lot of happenstance involved. 

However, I'd like to think Caldari executives use the namings as bargaining chips.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2011, 07:50 »

Dex's family modified their surname, if I remember right.
Drift more like, the Gallente side does not use the "r" in Nederland - Nedeland.  Dex's recent ancestors have tried to be archetypical Caldari to demonstrator that the name with Gallente origins (and cousins) they are any less Caldari than say the Hakatain's.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2011, 10:17 »

I had no idea about any of this.

Thanks for pointing it out.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!