Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Parenting Thread - Srs Bizniz  (Read 3897 times)

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
Re: Parenting Thread - Srs Bizniz
« Reply #30 on: 15 Oct 2013, 11:04 »

Cold plain noodles... mmm, that's one that doesn't work so well.  Now, suitably fried with a few things, that's a different matter.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 05 Mar 2014, 17:46 »

Bookmarking for the far future

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #32 on: 05 Mar 2014, 18:11 »

Youngest daughter's night fears while sleeping at my place have been solved with the addition of a television into the room. I was resistant to the idea because I never had a TV growing up in my room, so I didn't think she needed it.

Well, I did a trial run over the last weekend by letting her go to bed to the show of Spongebob (their favorite) set to the absolute minimum volume. It was pretty much an animated nightlight that they could hear, but not enough to keep them awake. They were out like a light within 5 minutes.

What's even more remarkable is that neither one of them had nightmares that night and called for help. My best guess is that by letting them go to bed with TV, they fell asleep calmly instead of anxiously, and thus enjoyed their rest instead of suffering bad dreams.

Learn something new every day, especially as a parent.  :s :lol:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 06 Mar 2014, 00:59 »

Ambient noise and nightlight for the win!  Glad it worked out well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]