Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Spies, exploits, and sleepers, Oh my!  (Read 5527 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Spies, exploits, and sleepers, Oh my!
« Reply #30 on: 07 Feb 2014, 18:39 »

I feel like Istvaan is in everyone's Proteus.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #31 on: 07 Feb 2014, 19:25 »

Aww yiss Kat, shove it right inside that Proteus...
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #32 on: 07 Feb 2014, 19:56 »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #33 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:06 »

what is the intention behind naming everyone that you suspect, as being a spy?

other than the obvious one of attempting to drive them from the RP community, and plant OOC seeds of distrust in peoples minds about Leopold, Astera and Orion ?
\o/

Shiori

« Reply #34 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:27 »

Isn't that enough?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #35 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:39 »

As a member of a corp I would like to keep protected, I think its worth knowing.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:39 »

Name and Shame, as far as I am concerned. False accusations aside, of course.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #37 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:53 »

Likewise.  I can generate handwavium about it later for rp purposes - protecting my corp is protecting my corp.  In this case, Saede was humble enough to retract her statements concerning Leo when Orion came to light, so I think all is well.  By his presence in the H+ channel I assume there are no hard feelings. 

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #38 on: 08 Feb 2014, 03:58 »

other than the obvious one of attempting to drive them from the RP community, and plant OOC seeds of distrust in peoples minds about Leopold, Astera and Orion ?

There's honestly no specific ulterior motives beyond 'I should keep people in the loop'. This is some of the more exciting stuff that's happened to our corp, so I want to talk about these things for their own sake. That's all. People can take away from it whatever they wish.

Likewise.  I can generate handwavium about it later for rp purposes - protecting my corp is protecting my corp.  In this case, Saede was humble enough to retract her statements concerning Leo when Orion came to light, so I think all is well.  By his presence in the H+ channel I assume there are no hard feelings. 

Yeah, like I said, I had a long conversation with Leopold, and I don't think there are any hard feelings between us. Sometimes I'm wrong about people, and I've no trouble admitting that and retracting my statements. I'm not trying to achieve some particular end with any of these posts other then to tell people what's going on from our perspective.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 08 Feb 2014, 04:07 »

I definitely don't think there's any attempt to drive anyone from the RP community, but if there are corp thieves then it is reasonable to alert others in the RP community of their existence. There are so few RP corporations out there, and having them fall apart or suffer from a heist or spy scenario is just crappy.

We had the wrong impression about Leopold, and we've gotten past that. What we did see with our own eyes was Orion nabbing ships, so that much is known with certainty.

Edit: I would like to point out that you're being rather presumptuous and accusatory yourself, Louella. There is nothing "obvious" about anyone or anything in this situation.
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2014, 05:16 by Streya »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #40 on: 08 Feb 2014, 04:08 »

If it was slander/false accusations out of thin air I would agree, but in any case, infiltrate people, get busted, deal with the consequences.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #41 on: 08 Feb 2014, 05:19 »

vOv

same thing as ever.

Dude joins corp, stabs everyone in the back, reveals self to be Istvaan, everyone applauds.

Other dude joins corp, stabs one person in back, reveals self to not be Istvaan, everyone shouts "shun them! shun them all, even their alts, lest the evil persist"

lol
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 08 Feb 2014, 05:25 »

Pretty much.

But it has to be done with style ! With STYLE !

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #43 on: 08 Feb 2014, 05:27 »

I'm not sure when Istvaan entered the conversation. While he's fairly e-famous, I don't think anybody would genuinely want him/alts infiltrating their corporation.

Besides, there's a different in the quality of work at hand. Istvaan is renowned for doing large jobs which involve a lot of forethought and take long periods of time to pull off. A petty corp theft from someone who wanted to leave and decided to (sloppily) grab what he could from the cookie jar isn't nearly as impressive.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #44 on: 08 Feb 2014, 05:40 »

I'm not sure when Istvaan entered the conversation.

that's why he's good at it, lol

but no, the point was, that this comes up every time someone's RP corporation has spies, theft, or other betrayal. "cool kids" get to do whatever, "uncool kids" get pushed out of the community entirely. There's like a dozen or so threads about it on backstage.
\o/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4