Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sansha art  (Read 4918 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Sansha art
« on: 13 Jun 2012, 11:24 »

I know the pose is really to use the wrist lasery thing that this sansha person seems to have.

But I imagined them saying "Oh, you" in a campy tone of voice, and lol'd.
\o/

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
Re: Sansha art
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2012, 11:27 »

Much better than a Billy Corgan!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2012, 12:14 »

Where is the Like button for this post?

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2012, 12:31 »

Sweet, where'd this come from? It's pretty much how I imagined the lower-end True Slaves.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2012, 12:32 »

one of the recent dev blogs had it
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2012, 12:33 »

Sweet, where'd this come from? It's pretty much how I imagined the lower-end True Slaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJKcK-Fv80I

EDIT: The devblog stole it from this video. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2012, 13:13 »

NO NO WE ARE NOT BORG I PROMISE JUST LOOK AT THE ROL... Oh god damnit CCP...

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2012, 14:14 »

I did find the use of this particular true slave model amusing, for both IC and OOC reasons.

Although I do wish I could get a look at the Sansha from 300 Rounds
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2012, 15:07 »

Not all cybernetic constructs are the Borg.

Also this is awesome and I want one.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2012, 22:36 »

Actually Cybermen.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2012, 13:29 »

I did find the use of this particular true slave model amusing, for both IC and OOC reasons.

In my vision of them, they were essentially like this guy, if there were hundreds of them, and a significant portion were botched or cannibalized by the others to improve their own efficiency, leaving them with a rudimentary level of operation. Since the obvious Borg similarity has been brought up, recall the retarded quasi-Borg that Lore built on the Planet of Yellow Filters.

The way I imagined it, the retarded cranially absent drones were just the picked-clean remnants; somewhere else on the ship were fully coherent True Slaves who, in the absence of connection to Sansha, reverted to Sansha-like behavior, i.e. employing others for your own selfish gain, but on a more rudimentary level. They were the ones responsible for breaking away the ship-tether. I wanted to specifically differentiate them from Borg in this manner, in that there are tiers of slave "usefulness", and a single rudimentary true slave has two priorities: multiply, then assemble a leader for the mob. One will, many bodies, just like Sansha wanted - and naturally, upon reconnection to the Sansha group consciousness, the leader defers to the big boss' will.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2012, 13:33 by hellgremlin »

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2012, 14:47 »

In my vision of them, they were essentially like this guy, if there were hundreds of them, and a significant portion were botched or cannibalized by the others to improve their own efficiency, leaving them with a rudimentary level of operation. Since the obvious Borg similarity has been brought up, recall the retarded quasi-Borg that Lore built on the Planet of Yellow Filters.

The way I imagined it, the retarded cranially absent drones were just the picked-clean remnants; somewhere else on the ship were fully coherent True Slaves who, in the absence of connection to Sansha, reverted to Sansha-like behavior, i.e. employing others for your own selfish gain, but on a more rudimentary level. They were the ones responsible for breaking away the ship-tether. I wanted to specifically differentiate them from Borg in this manner, in that there are tiers of slave "usefulness", and a single rudimentary true slave has two priorities: multiply, then assemble a leader for the mob. One will, many bodies, just like Sansha wanted - and naturally, upon reconnection to the Sansha group consciousness, the leader defers to the big boss' will.

I agree with this over all, but I'm speculative as to why the taken over crewmen/passengers would be cranially picked clean... That one True Slave with the missing brain parts came off to me as either being one of the original invading True Slaves that was damaged, or a victim that was damaged in the conversion process? In my mind the True Slave process tries to retain as much aspects of the host as possible, subjugating them to the will of Sansha by denying their own mental facilities rather than retarding them.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2012, 15:30 »

The ship had been in the cloud for a long time. At first, they were all satisfactorily functional. The retardation happened over time. They could improvise so much, but eventually had the choice between hundreds of lobotomized morons, or slightly fewer lobotomized morons in exchange for a few functioning ones, which could coordinate the morons better.

All the Sansha need for a co-ordinated ambulatory worker body is to install an electrical doohickey on the brain stem. Doesn't much matter if everything north of the brain stem is gone, especially if the missing senses can be replaced with tiny sensors, and higher functions are slaved to a more intact mind. It's not creative but I always thought of them as zombies with varying levels of functionality.

The division between True Slave and True Citizen is basically sentience, but the common element that applies to both is that they're slaved to a master system. In the True Slave this is electromuscular without reasoning enabled, in the True Citizen you have a perfectly sapient fellow who happens to agree with Sansha unquestioningly.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2012, 15:35 by hellgremlin »

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #13 on: 21 Jun 2012, 09:04 »

Sansha style is pretty much one part this and one part that.

Jev North

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jun 2012, 09:26 »

Tsutomu Nihei <3
Pages: [1] 2