Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Local Comms: Smacktalk, Trolling, and the occasional well pointed barb  (Read 4864 times)

Creep

• Omelette

I've had one non-fleet fight, which involved an intercepter kicking my ass. I discovered he didn't loot my stuff so when I saw him in a system later, I thanked him for the fight. He didn't respond.

PvP terrifies me. I kinda hate it. Smacktalk would require me to write when my brain has shrunk down to lizard level.
You just need to get ~40 velators, fit with blasters and drones, and lose them all in one day. You will come to enjoy shiploss.

And then, young grasshopper, you will learn to play stationgames while accusing your opponent of being a spineless pussyfart conducting themselves with all the honour of a sequined frogfaggot.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

For every "GF" given or handed out we can always expect 8,000% more general shit talking and posturing.

This has loosened up over the years, I like giving out 'GF's when it was a fun fight, the enemy is well-mannered, and keeping it light in local when I can. 

Incidentally, I absolutely hate "GFs", they are used so often, and in so many different situation, that for me they are effectively meaningless. Also, 90% of communication over local comms has been replaced by "GFs". If only there was some quality smack, better as those stupid everpresent GF's.

Because I gotten pretty tired of them, but people now tend to get upset if you *don't* post GFs and I have absolutely no intention of participation in this idiot social convention, I've started a campaign of my own to bring back meaningfull GFs by posting 'gf' with a link to one of the images below:

Win

Loss

Both

Other

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

I've had one non-fleet fight, which involved an intercepter kicking my ass. I discovered he didn't loot my stuff so when I saw him in a system later, I thanked him for the fight. He didn't respond.

PvP terrifies me. I kinda hate it. Smacktalk would require me to write when my brain has shrunk down to lizard level.
Pro Smacktalkers do their work -before- actually ever undocking, silly rabbit :P
Oh. There needs to be a guide, you know?

You just need to get ~40 velators, fit with blasters and drones, and lose them all in one day. You will come to enjoy shiploss.

And then, young grasshopper, you will learn to play stationgames while accusing your opponent of being a spineless pussyfart conducting themselves with all the honour of a sequined frogfaggot.
Hey now, that's just obscene. I mean that sort of language is seriously offensive.

I don't fly motherfucking velators.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 15:11 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

Space bushido requires excruciating politeness whenever manageable, and silence when it isn't. A sincere thank-you after a fight is always appropriate, whether it is for the pretty explosion or for the ammunition spent on you.

Not if you are IC on local comms. It takes some creativity to get the 'thank you' message across OOC while simultaneously appearing to talk adversarial IC.

However, in my experience, creative insults work best when the your target's friends are around. They tend to appreciate it if you give their mate a good thrashing if you are doing it in an original way and with an obvious  ;)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Merdaneth Wins Thread.

Interestingly I've also been doing this with a series of "WELCOME TO KHANID" images I post in local after fights as well.  Will link later :)

« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 15:20 by Silas Vitalia »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

For every "GF" given or handed out we can always expect 8,000% more general shit talking and posturing.

This has loosened up over the years, I like giving out 'GF's when it was a fun fight, the enemy is well-mannered, and keeping it light in local when I can. 

Incidentally, I absolutely hate "GFs", they are used so often, and in so many different situation, that for me they are effectively meaningless. Also, 90% of communication over local comms has been replaced by "GFs". If only there was some quality smack, better as those stupid everpresent GF's.

This.

And I treat Local as IC, so pretty much no smacktalking from me (unless it's all of us in PIE reciting Scripture or something).

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who fits ecm on a non-bonused hull needs smacking.

I never got smacked before by fitting ECM to non-bonused hulls. Usually because I use the ECM to engage above my weight class, or use it as insurance against blobs, only hitting the jam when the reinforcements arrive.

In my experience, smack is worst when you have your enemies think they had no chance of winning (or when you had no chance of winning). Simply not using your local repairer to give the opponent an impression of a close fight while its not, tends to have them leave with a good feeling.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

That's Merdaneth, Silas! Totally different holy paladin!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

That's Merdaneth, Silas! Totally different holy paladin!

....The fail is strong with me today.  Small work monitor, didn't read it fully.

.... sorry  :oops:

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

I miss the old days, where I got smacktalk directed to me all the time.  Now, it's rare. :|

I still enjoy this one, though:

Sakura Nihil > By the way, wanna buy your loot back?
Eht namrezzY > not after your dirty baby-eating pirate hands have touched my modules

Creep

• Omelette

Hey now, that's just obscene. I mean that sort of language is seriously offensive.

I don't fly motherfucking velators.
Well, enjoy your terribad Impairor, or else spend the rest of your days huddling in terror when someone red and flashy gets the jump on you.

The Vel is awesome. Don't talk shit 'bout the Vel.

Also, Merdaneth's images are fucking awesome. Truly, he is not a sequined frogfaggot.

Shiori

Not if you are IC on local comms. It takes some creativity to get the 'thank you' message across OOC while simultaneously appearing to talk adversarial IC.

Who said anything about OOC thanks? Fuck these guys for blowing up my expensive space pixels, really.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I am totally going to steal Merdaneth's idea with portrait IC trollings for piracy victims.  Those things are so much win it hurts, and I love everything about them.

I'll have to retire my current crop of OOC local ribbing for victims of the yarr.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

Well, enjoy your terribad Impairor, or else spend the rest of your days huddling in terror when someone red and flashy gets the jump on you.
I shall enjoy my terriban Impairor, thank you.

Though I wonder if my corp will appreciate my getting 40 losses on the KB.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Before the Fight:

After the Fight (win):

After the Fight (lose):

Pages: 1 [2] 3