Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: CCP Says: Ingame RP actions have ingame consequences, mkay?  (Read 21841 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Retconning the negative standings set was a colossal fuckup of committee corporate shittery.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Looks like negative standings for RP actions is back in the game. With regards to a threat made by a dev actor in a recent mail to certain individuals, Falcon had this to say:

CCP Falcon 6:08 PM
also
yes
we will -10 the shit out of people
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2015, 10:44 by Samira Kernher »

Nissui

*plotting intensifies*

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

*plotting intensifies*

Thumbs up, bout time!

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2015, 14:21 by Altarica »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

void devStatement() {
    if (iSeeIt==1) {
        iBelieveIt;
    } else {
        System.println("I don't believe it.");
    }
}
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

Then I head over to the IGS and see this:

Quote from: FINAL DEMAND – REF: ABRIDGED REPORT 099-345697234-099, Odo Korachi
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Directive Enforcement Department would like to offer thanks for your work on the report provided to the Inner Circle Re: the late Dr. Hilen Tukoss, and for the analysis of the tissue samples that were recovered from wreckage found in J174618.

After a meeting with the Inner Circle this morning, and after public request for all tissue samples to be turned over to the Directive Enforcement Department for analysis and formal legal confirmation of identity on June 8th, concerns have been raised regarding the intentions of your group.

With this in mind, and with the comments of pilot Lucas Raholan factored into the situation the Directive Enforcement Department is hereby making a formal final demand for the handover of all biomass samples to the DED for analysis and biometric processing.

Pilot Raholan is hereby being informed of a 24 hour grace period, beginning at the timestamp of this message, during which the samples can be handed over to myself via 14 day contract. Mail confirmation of this contract must be provided once it is set up.

Failure to hand over the samples within 24 hours will result in all recipients of this mail being elevated to outlaw status on all DED records.

This will include standings toward the CONCORD Assembly and the following corporations reverted to -10.0 status:

CONCORD [CONCO]
DED [DED]
Secure Commerce Commission [SCC]
Inner Circle [ICR]

In addition to this, the Inner Circle may see fit to rule in favor of a Directive Enforcement Department warrant to seize equipment pertaining to the ongoing investigation into the death of Dr. Tukoss by force, under Article 5, Section C of the Yulai Convention, which would then not be limited purely to the biomass in question.

The Directive Enforcement Department requests correspondence from Pilot Raholan within 24 hours to arrange handover of all biomass relating to the investigation.

Failure to correspond will be regarded as non-compliance with this demand, and will result in the enactment of aforementioned legal action.

If there are any further questions, feel free to correspond with me directly as your point of contact with the Directive Enforcement Department.

Best regards,

Odo Korachi
Brigadier General, Genesis Fleet
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Aaaaand more railroading. Excellent! Just what we needed!

Seriously, this is starting to reach TEA levels of head-banging for me.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Aaaaand more railroading. Excellent! Just what we needed!

Seriously, this is starting to reach TEA levels of head-banging for me.

Jev North

• Egger

This is actually pretty encouraging to see, 'cause it means that CCP's mood has shifted positively towards real consequences for roleplay again. Well, unless it's a completely empty threat.

railroading
railroading
:record scratch:

Wait, what? I'm literally unable to see how.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Okay, so after a chat with Jev on Slack I realize 'railroading' may not be the exact right term.

My issue is, the consequences seem to be intended to nudge the player characters towards the general opinion of viewing CONCORD as unavoidably hostile followed by a refusal to the vast arsenal of tools at CONCORD's disposal to secure the item (locking down capsuleer ships to they cannot move or fire, simply nabbing the item from a hangar as they've done with other high-value items in the past).

I'm afraid this is being done to enforce the narrative of 'established authorities losing control' - a narrative I've made my (low) opinion of clear elsewhere - by making CONCORD an enforced enemy in contrast to their previously-established nature as a worrisome, but necessary institution populated by politically astute persons as befitting such an organization.

You know "walk softly and carry a big stick"? Well, CONCORD's problem right now is that they walk loudly, carry a big stick, but refuse to swing it.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

You know "walk softly and carry a big stick"? Well, CONCORD's problem right now is that they walk loudly, carry a big stick, but refuse to swing it.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick." - Teddy Roosevelt, Minnesota State Fair, 1901

Also, who said they refuse to swing it? How do you know? :|

Lyn Farel

I agree... Thought it's not railroading, it's just being unhappy with the storyline choices, nothing more...

Oh well if they want to go the road of CONCORD are corrupt and incompetent assholes, since everybody considers them that way anyway, what will it change ?

Besides a few like Korachi, they ARE, incompetent through design.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Don't worry Makoto I sent requests to the Caldari and DED directly.. Doubt it will do anything but its the thought right?

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9